Bandcamp Goodies

Comments

• Thanks Karg. Actually sounds like an issue customers should take up with Bandcamp. 
  • Very happy to see Erstwhile at Bandcamp!
  • edited November 2017
    Reposting, for the record: 

Just in at BC:

httpsf4bcbitscomimga3349835748_14jpg
    Billedresultat for bandcamp daily
    httpsf4bcbitscomimg0011023004_10jpg
    Far Out Recordings at eMusic
  • The new King Gizzard and the Lizard album free to download on Bandcamp

https://kinggizzard.bandcamp.com/album/polygondwanaland

• Thanks LowLife!
  • Aka Brock van Wey of BvDub

NYOP

• Lowercase Noises - The Swiss Illness NYOP till Friday

•  Glagol image
    We are “Glagol’” – the brand new electronic label based in Russia.
    We are publishing cinematic music in such genres as contemporary electronic, ambient, modern classical music, techno, soundscape etc.
    httpsf4bcbitscomimga1783164752_14jpg
  • Sounds like a new direction for Airto.
    Don't hear a second of Brazilian percussion in this one.
  • rostasi said:
    Sounds like a new direction for Airto.
    Don't hear a second of Brazilian percussion in this one.
    Ho Ho. I was just awake enough to get that after a couple of seconds  :p

• This weeks Cuneiform $5 goody. I like it (it's already on my hard drive) but you need to be in the mood for some fairly slick jazz fusion.
    https://cuneiformrecords.bandcamp.com/album/behind-the-vibration
  • Brighternow said, March 12
    Name your price:

People and Music Series Volume 2: CD 1

1950s Moroccan Field Recordings

From Moroccan Tape Stash:
    Here's a vintage stash of folk music field recordings made and released in the 1950s and 1960s by one Jean Mazel, a French cinéaste and ethnologue, about whom I can find little information online. Most of his published recordings (and a disambiguation with a namesake) can be found here, and a number of his publications are listed here.

The recordings presented here were originally released on one 10-inch album (33 RPM) four 7-inch EPs (45 RPM). They have been resequenced and made available for streaming/download by the "UK-based one-man trancedental-drone band" Tuluum Shimmering:

With Thanks to @rostasi :

Tuluum Shimmering - Linus and Lucy

• Nuits de Printemps Avec Abdou El Omari, Abdou El Omari.

"First issue (LP+DL) of this previously unreleased Oriental psych monster from the organ king of Casablanca, combining traditional rhythms with spaced out modern sounds. Third part of Abdou El Omari's Nuits-trilogy. This album contains dazzling instrumentals spiced up with some traditional vocal parts. While playing his fine melodies Abdou switches swiftly from his "Farfisa Professional" mothership to an analog ARP." 

• The Miracles Of The Seven Dances by Hany Mehanna. 

Reissue (LP+DL) of the belly dance holy grail from the organ king of Cairo, combining traditional rhythms with spaced out modern sounds. 

"Hany Mehanna, beloved musician and composer of the greatest artists from the Arab world such as Oum Kalthoum and Abdel Halim Hafez, shows himself from a more experimental side on his solo albums. Originally released in 1973, ‘The Miracles of the Seven Dances’ is a pure work of genius: hypnotic organ grooves, psychedelic guitars, mystic strings and haunting percussion. Belly dance as good as it gets! "
  • The Residents - 13th Anniversary Show - Live In The USA

Good to see this remastered and easier to get.
    It's the Minneapolis show from the '86 tour of 
    which my wife and I both saw - but at different 
    venues. Twenty-nine tracks at 103 minutes.
    Snakefinger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• edited December 2017
    MYRESKÆRUmiddelbart Banalt

(imagine Malcolm Mooney fronting a Danish psych/garage band)

• edited January 2018

Sub Rosa is posting reissues (or albums from the vault) on an almost daily basis.

- Here's a few from the past week:

• Name-your-price 67-track sampler from the taâlem label:
    "as last year, we've asked every taâlem (and sublabels) artist to submit a new and previously unreleased track, created/tweaked/finalized during 2017. the response was even more massive than last year: we have got 67 tracks (there were 52 in 2016). most of the contributing artists were already present last year, others couldn't unfortunately make it this year but there are a lot of new names!
    please enjoy taâlem's end-of-year present."

• Name-your-price 67-track sampler from the taâlem label:
    "as last year, we've asked every taâlem (and sublabels) artist to submit a new and previously unreleased track, created/tweaked/finalized during 2017. the response was even more massive than last year: we have got 67 tracks (there were 52 in 2016). most of the contributing artists were already present last year, others couldn't unfortunately make it this year but there are a lot of new names!
    please enjoy taâlem's end-of-year present."

Thanks for this, it's a bit of a beast and a great bargain. I thought I had last year's comp but couldn't find it. Well it's still available NYOP also. Cheers @burntwoodfactors !
  • Michael Pisaro's Gravity Wave label is now on bandcamp. Wonderful composer often featured on Erstwhile and among the Wandelweiser camp. Gp, you know any of his work?

A full-length taste: asleep, forest, melody, path (for field recording and live performance, 2013)

• @kargatron No, I don’t. I’ll follow up - thanks for the tip!
  • edited January 2018
    A three-hour charity compilation for 1 Euro (about $1.20) or more with a strong list of artists:

Illuminations 2 (link corrected)

Various artists, including Aaron Martin, Jacaszek, Machinefabriek, offthesky, Antonymes, The Green Kingdom, Pausal, Autistici, Chihei Hitakeyama, and many more.

30 exclusive tracks. About 3 hours of pure illuminations.

All money raised from this compilation will go to 4 Paws for Ability which enriches the lives of children with disabilities by training and placing quality, task-trained service dogs.

• edited January 2018
  • Recently came across five NYP compilations on Crónica's bandcamp page--they include tracks from Enrico Coniglio, Stephan Mathieu + Piotr Kurek, Lawrence English + Stephen Vitiello, Simon Whetham, Francisco López, and Janek Schaefer, among others:

Crossovers
    Loud Listening Murano
    Siebzehn bis ∞
    Crónica L
    Mus​*​*​*​*​*​c

Thanks for the heads-up about Illuminations...sounds fantastic.
  • httpsf4bcbitscomimga3113433219_14jpg  
    Stéphane Marin presents a weekly series of twenty short soundscapes recorded in the mornings at various locations throughout North America. Entitled « North American PhoNographic Mornings » this series forms part of a wider project, « Each Morning of the World », which invites sound artists, composers and recordists globally to share their own specific point of listening, either through a raw field recording or original composition. Weekly on Sunday morning.
  • edited January 2018

•  httpsf4bcbitscomimga0948538454_14jpg 
    Marco Lucchi - a stretched love song (to Pauline Oliveros)
    released January 20, 2018
  • The Black Dog - Shards of Light NYOP