Guvera

Comments

• SLAM BALL!

"What do you get when you mix the sport of basketball and trampolines? Slam Ball!" I kid you not.

Amusingly, from the comments on the video:
    "HIS HEAD WAS ABOVE THE BACKBOARD!!!"
    NO? SHIT, there's a fucking trampoline!!!
  • Thanks, Doofy. I actually clicked on the Slamball link from Guvera, just to see what it was. Got taken to a Facebook page for Slamball that had no ready info on the page...just comments from fans.
    All these businesses on Facebook need to rethink what they actually link to! Linking to YouTube would have been much better than their dumb FB page.
  • 2 credits from Geico, today.
  • Same here on my wife's acct, 1 from another sponsor on mine. It would be great if Guvera would come back to life.
  • edited November 2010
    2 from Geico - thank you little lizard friend - got the 17 minute Black Orpheus medley from Bola Sete at Monterey Jazz - can get the other 5 tracks at eMu for 0.49 - sweet. Wait, don't need the Spoken Introduction track - only 4 - album=$1.96. Was $9.99 at Amazon.
  • Fantastic! 3 new credits today, which is exactly the number I need to finish Tilt.

Craig
  • Geez, after hacking the stupid Geico d/l page to work (multiple accounts, and not a single one will let me choose Geico as an option even though it says I have credits) I finally finished The Wall. 10 tracks were missing originally, but if anyone is interested they are all up there now.

For the record, the download page URL is as follows:
    https://www.guvera.com/channel?cid=(CHANNELID)&mid=(TRACKID)

Geico's is:
    https://www.guvera.com/channel?cid=Ge56-C-0-S-0&mid=(TRACKID)

I'm keeping this here because when I had no credits other than Geico, I couldn't even pull up another d/l page to see the format. I'm still not sure that I can pull up the track IDs without at least 1 non-Geico credit available.

This is too much work. I'm really not that interested in Guvera anymore except to fill in some of the missing tracks from before.
  • I'm really not that interested in Guvera anymore except to fill in some of the missing tracks from before.
    That's about where I'm at. I need 4 more to finish the Stone Roses album.
  • Is the track ID that big long number that starts "UMG-" then has a "DEB-" in it? I can't get that to work with thom's url.
  • Guvera somehow made their downloading system even more complicated and convoluted, but I am very happy with the free Dirty Projectors tracks.
  • The real question is which website has the most bugs and poor navigation: Guvera or eMusic.
  • Guvera is a hundred times worse. But it has none of the drama. And it's free.
  • @Bartholomaeus - Is the page showing up for you? That should be the right ID number, but I can't say that it's an exact science. The only reason I was doing it this way is that the Geico page just wouldn't show up at all. Let me know what track you're trying and I'll see if I can figure it out.
  • edited November 2010
    Used up my other credit for the 10:35 Album Only (eMu or Amazon) The Messiah Will Come Again from disc 1 of Gary Moore's Essential Montreaux. Slim pickings at this level but you gotta make them count - as Spencer Tracy said of Katherine Hepburn - there ain't much meat on them bones but what's there is choice (pronounced cherce).
  • Thanks for the help, thom. The site works again for me this morning without special effort. Two Gieco and one Slamball downloads are offered, along with $1.59 purchase, in a dialog window when I click download.
  • Oh yeah, I laugh at their purchase prices. Some of the tracks I've downloaded were listed at $1.99. I don't think so!
    No idea why I didn't get one from Slamball.
  • I've never gotten one from Slamball, and I've actually seen it! Granted it was for about 20 seconds before I said "this is idiotic" and changed the channel.

Craig
  • What ho...check boxes to denote which tracks you wish to DL have appeared. Now all we need is some credits with which to click them li'l boxes.

Craig, dude. It's basketball...WITH TRAMPOLINES!!!

What other sports can we combine with gymnastics equipment? Football with pommel horse! Hockey with uneven parallel bars! The possibilities are endless! Well, maybe not endless....
  • How about boxing with those little twirly ribbon things? Make it easier to track the hits.
  • You guys are a stitch.
  • I remember watching Slamball when it first started. Believe it or not, that was nearly a decade ago. I can't believe it's still going on. The absolute laziest way to create a new sport - adding a wall or a hurdle or something. It's like the arena league. Wait, I'm sorry, the absolute laziest was the XFL - it's professional football, except the players are allowed to date cheerleaders! WTF?!

Slamball is sadly disappointing. You'd think there would at least be some awesome dunks - but instead it's just awkward basketball.
  • I'm still holding out that our dystopian future brings us Blood Bowl.
  • I'm still holding out that our dystopian future brings us Blood Bowl.

NERD!

nerds.jpg&t=1

Craig
  • A friend (who doesn't like it) and I (who do) once agreed that opera was the musical equivalent of skate-dancing.

Maybe you had to be there.

Anyway, I realized yesterday it wasn't Slamball but "Guitar Edge" (or whatever).

I was thinking Slamball because the credits came a couple days after I had gone (in desperation) into my account to change my likes to some really macho stuff, like hang-gliding and petroleum sports; my travel preferences to adventure, food to bloody entrails, etc. Next I'm going back in and switch it back up to more glam and glitz stuff. Can it hurt?
  • Too much work. You all have much more patience than I do.
  • I switched all my prefs to new stuff over a month ago, and nothing has changed.
  • edited November 2010
    100 FREE DOWNLOADS COMPETITION FAQ

Personal link sharing
    Using the url www.guvera.com/friend/xxxx replace the xxxx’s with your own user id number. Every one of your friends that registers on Guvera via this link is automatically tagged to you, and gives you one entry to win 100 music downloads each week. User with the most referrals wins. On Friday each week we will choose the top referrer, and give them 100 music downloads direct to their account. Winners will be notified by email. Promotion expires November 30th 2010. All referral registrations will be validated.

If I had known sooner I would have totally whipped up a bot to use a gmail account to register myself thousands of times over.
  • edited November 2010
    I have been looking for the one long tack on Jackie Mclean's Mclean's Scene on eMu. So far, I have had no credit on Guvera to get the long track and complete the album. Today, I had the option to dload it from a variety of channels, all with zero credit. I clicked through anyway, and son-of-a-gun if I did not get the track with zero credits. Thank you Slamball, once again.

It's a stealth black Friday deal.

[update: worked a second time, for the long-track Confirmation on Mclean's 4-5-6 (RVG edition), but a third dip is a failure....]
  • Thanks for the tip. It worked for me once.