Guvera

Comments

• I had left it on the Guvera page and it kept opening new browser windows for the Guvera "soundtrack" page. Odd.

Looked at the Guvera FB page comments. I also got that "Sorry, your service hasn't been activated yet." message but it had gone away and I couldnt' remember the wording until I saw that comment.
  • edited August 2011
    I rarely post meaningful stuff on my wall, and then suddenly here I am advertising some Chevy whatever I truly know nothing about? Even for five dls that's too much for me.

No kidding. One friend what-the-helled me after I posted the Guvera link, and I don't even have any DLs to show for it!
  • Yeah think I'll pass on that FB advertising too.
  • So it turns out after you bug your friends you get 3 DLs from a playlist. I mean, it's an OK playlist, but...won't be doing that again
  • I got to choose which tracks I wanted, just like always.
  • Yeah, I think they are telling me I'd need to post again to get the DLs, now that they fixed the "bug."
  • First of the month. No new downloads. (Sad.)
  • I got nothin, too.
  • No channels at all (except the demo channel).
  • Ouch, first first-of-month with no Guvera in quite some time!
  • Perhaps this is the calm before the storm? We are coming up on the one year anniversary of the giant EMI free track giveaway...
  • How new is the "Redeem" button? I wonder if it's shifting towards a model where you have to shop first to get your free downloads.
  • I like the positive thinking, anose. That said, I'm expecting the end. I'm not advertising on FB for free music, nor am I selecting where I shop for that either. Still, I could never complain. Some great music I've acquired for relative ease, especially the giveaway.
  • No downloads but I've only got 4 channels instead of 6 (with nothing) tonight which is different, so maybe something is coming.
  • I suspect that ad-sponsored DLs are going away, and that they will be all-streaming.
  • The well is still empty.
  • edited October 2011
    Yeah, I checked earlier today, too.
    Got a Guvera newsletter in my email yesterday. It had info on new artists they've added, but nothing about new free credits : )
  • I got the newsletter too. Kind of mystifying - I don't find the site competitive on price, interface or selection to buy music from, the promotional offers all seem to be located a long way away from me, and although the ads are still in place there are no download credits. So what exactly is supposed to float my interest?
  • The ad-supported DL concept doesn't seem to have worked, and they are swamped in Spotify's wake on streaming. They're adrift.
  • Aye, taking on water, too ; (
  • Let's see: I haven't been to Guvera in weeks. Spotify is still chewing through the 1001 Albums You Need to Hear Before You Die playlist. It's playing now. I'm up to 1970.
  • They have gotten their Facebook app straightened out, such that you can get 3 DLs for bugging your friends. Looks like it will work once weekly...?
  • Sounds like a good way to clear out your Facebook friend list.
  • No kidding. I'd be more willing to Tweet it.
  • You can delete the post right away.
  • Again: Why would I invite my friends to a service that seems to have stopped giving out downloads by the readily accessible means?
  • edited October 2011
    So, the new business model is basically MLM? How far down each line do I get free downloads?
  • edited October 2011
    I just hope dddanmar found another job. Although one of my high school friends who emigrated to Australia tells me, the Oz economy is booming from selling mineral rights & all sort of other underground shit to other countries. dddanmar should be sitting pretty ; ) descendents, not so much

O dddanmar, tell us your Guvera fate ~
  • What's happening music fans? We got a whole lot of music credits we want to get rid of... more credits than you can handle!! If you want to win some of these suckers all you have to do is SHARE our Facebook page!! (bottom left) and write what you love about Guvera!! From there send us a screenshot to support@guvera.com and cross your fingers!! Also be sure to tell us which country you live in... GET TO IT!!

Oy. Social media strategy run amok.
  • ...all you have to do is...

Um. Yeah. No.