Amazon Daily mp3 Download Deals

Comments

• Quite choiceweb0pen0! It just shows that Amazon UK don't actually do their own mailings.
  • Shouldn't it be the "British polite suggestion" from the UK perspective?
  • edited November 2012
    British Polite Suggestion sounds like a great band name. This discussion reminds me of the BBC America ad that is on many of their DVDs voiced by John Oliver.
  • Not Amazon, but Naxos is having a sale on a list of "American Classics" - 3 bucks each for physical CDs. http://www.naxosdirect.com/page/NAM_Sale
  • edited November 2012
    I've gotten out of the habit of checking Amazon daily for deals, but look what I found this morning: the new David Byrne/St.Vincent for $4.99. Says it's for today only.
  • Amazon is doing some pre-Black Friday sales. Today Fiona Apple's latest overly long titled album is $4.99.
  • edited November 2012
    I'm suddenly noticing more albums on Amazon that are pricing the long tracks at $1.99 or $2.99 instead of album only. Is this just because Guvera is making me look at different albums and it has long been that way with those labels, or is it a trend/change of direction? Seems smart to me; you at least get some income from the folk who picked up the short tracks elsewhere and just need the long one. An example.
  • That's been the case with Blue Note for a while
  • OK. I wish more labels would follow suit.
  • As of 9:45 pm Eastern, on November 13, the Big Christmas Box is $0.99 for 13 hours of music. Crazy! I don't even know how Amazon is covering their bandwidth costs at this price.
  • Several classical albums for $1.99
  • Still $0.99 for the Big Christmas Box.
  • edited November 2012
    Happy to report my FB crowd generally leaves out the political stuff.
    LOL--then don't visit my FB page. Just kidding--of course you're welcome if you want to. I try to keep that stuff out of my emusers posts, as I don't want to make erroneous assumptions and then offend people here, but on FB I'm full bore, unremittingly obsessed and so are most of my friends. Ask Elwood. I think I almost become kind of a laughing stock because of it and a few people have unfriended me. When I first joined FB I friended several people from my high school 45 years ago, but I don't see most of them any more.
  • It's Countdown to Black Friday Week - what does that mean? For Amazon, it's a chance to put a bunch of albums on sale for $3.99. These are mostly recent releases - no obscure 60's psychedelic or proto-progressive artists (where are the sales for me?), but a decent mix of newer stuff.
  • Here's the CD Black Friday Week Deal Calender - FWIW I notice there's a few $3.99 MP3s from above at $4.99 for the CD.
  • If you buying a recent Indie/Pop/Hip-Hop album or greatest hits collection, check that Amazon sale first. Otherwise, not much there there
  • There's actually some good stuff on the $3.99 sale. Some that will likely figure into my best of list (Frank Ocean, Fiona Apple, Cloud Nothings, Kendrick Lamar), and couple I may snag now (Light Asylum and Nite Jewel).

I need to remember to be on today at 11:00 to get the Jimmy Cliff.

Craig
  • edited December 2012
    One of this month's $5 albums - Rhythm Sessions by Lee Ritenour, jazz guitar veteran (from the living generation). Just had read a very positive review of this fairly recent album in Vintage Guitar so I'm going to check it out.
    515cNIg8mAL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    Post listen edit - I like it, not love, as I would have figured as I don't so much favor the modern fusion/funk/new age type of jazz guitar, I prefer the more classic type. Wasn't terribly keen on the couple of vocal tracks. Overall, an OK but glad I didn't pay more for it thumbs up. That sounds like damning with faint praise but his sound isn't my bag really and I did like it.
  • Does anyone know how to check out one's credit balance on instant video?
  • BT - Select a video to watch. At bottom of black box should be a view balance option that shows all balances: gift card, MP3, etc. There is a way to see the balance in the "Your Account" page, but it's not easy to find.
  • Thank you! (I don't know why it isn't in the same place as on the mp3 pages).
  • Or why there isn't a place on the "Your Account" page that says Check Balances.
  • Classic R&B on sale for $2.99 each. There are a couple of collections that might be worth three bucks. James Brown is a noticeable gap in my collection, although first off the list for me is Smokey Robinson, 25 tunes in that "ultimate" collection.
  • edited December 2012
    $1.99 album for connecting to twitter. The list is limited, several greatest hits and the like. Not sure there is anything worth $2 to me.
  • What?? Not even...
    51LZeERMSWL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    ?
  • "I don't know what you people put in this cup but if it's going to make me look like him you can forget about it!"
  • I feel that way too, Plong. Maybe the Ella Fitzgerald Christmas songs.
  • Ella's Swingin' Christmas is a great one. I especially love 'Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town' ("Ride, Ride Red Ride!")