Could this Be the Worst Album in the History of the World?

Eh...could be.

61vJkqtXqxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Listen to the samples - if you dare!

Comments

• Yeah. Maybe I should set the bar a little higher, or lower as the case may be: Worst Album in the History of the World That's Not the Piano Tribute Players (or Ghost Farts)
  • I'm willing to bet I'd like it better than an actual Miley Cyrus album.
  • "I like the songs on the Miley Cyrus record, just not her singing. If only there were a way..." Who would say that?

Better yet how about this scenario: "I like L'il Wayne, but we can't play his music on the elevator of my corporate office. If only we could get pianos to play his tunes..."
  • I like that no piano players are named at least not on the Amazon page or album cover.
  • I couldn't find any personnel listed anywhere.

There's a facebook fan page for them. I was not able to confirm whether the one person who has posted on there is a member of the group or not.

I spend way more time searching for personnel than I should have. I found nothing. That is probably as it should be.
  • ""I like the songs on the Miley Cyrus record, just not her singing. If only there were a way..." Who would say that?"

Reminds me of John Howard, formerly Liberal (meaning Conservative) Prime Minister of Australia who said he "liked Bob Dylan" except for the lyrics.
  • Fifty years or so ago my mother bought an Embassy album of Cliff Richard covers. Back then in the UK there were not many greatest hits albums, so there was a label called Embassy that had unknown singers doing poor copies of hit songs at quite a low price. This was so bad it sticks in my memory. As an aside Elton John started off doing this kind of thing before he became famous.
  • He used to play on the Top of the Pop albums as well and if my memory serves me well they borought out an album of him doing some of the covers.

There used to be on Free Albums Galore an album called Batman by Sun Ra which parents bought their kids thinking it was music from the TV show and therefore were quite suprised to be taken on an intergalatic space jazz trip.
  • Probably the same tracks repackaged, Lowlife!! Yes, at one point I think that EJ album was available on emusic over here
  • "Beware the Blog" is all over that Sun-Ra Batman record.

On his recent Big Band tour, Brian Setzer was apparently opening with the Batman theme!
  • Didn't Roger Waters make an album from farts and other savory sounds of the body? Can't leave that out.
  • New arrival at eMu:
    600x600.jpg

If only he'd try his hand at Miley Cyrus (I will not make a "dog's already singing the songs" joke. I'm above that sort of humor.
  • @Dogs singing the blues: I'm glad to hear Keyboard Cat is still getting work.
  • Given that the Respect Sextet is a bunch of Yids from Brooklyn, I suspect that their respect for Yuletide is theoretical. On the other hand, they do tackle some difficult music (including Sun Ra and Stockhausen).
  • edited December 2012
    Yeah,
    I found it by browsing the freshly ripped from the respected Mode Records and posted it because of it's rather cheesy cover.

BTW, I have no clue what Yids means . . .
  • BN - Yids is a slang term for Jewish people
  • Thanks Greg . . .
    I would never have guessed this.
  • Thanks, Greg. Yes, it's a reference to how Judeo-German sounds. It's one of those words that can be endearing, self-depricating, or insulting, depending on context.
  • It's a short hand for 'Yiddish', hence the relationship with Judaism.

Craig
  • edited December 2012
    Over here it has been in the news recently. Tottenham Hotspurs (Spurs - Lowlife's team) are known at the Yids in some quarters, becasue the area of London they come from has a relatively high Jewish population. Their fans generally regard it affectionately, but other fans use it as a term of abuse - some claim it as racist abuse
  • Definitely objectionable where I come from, btw.
  • I am on the side of those that think it is racist. There has been a spat of racist incidents, mainly from fans against black players, in soccer matches in Europe over the last few months, many, but not exclusively, in Eastern Europe, including a couple of high profile cases between players in England. It is something to be stamped out entirely, but the European football authorities, are often quite lenient in the view of many in England.
  • YMMV. Yid was the common colloquial substitution for Jew in Yiddish literature, theater and song lyrics; it's meaning was probably closer to "dude." German Jews have a particular revulsion to the term because it was a NS taunt: it suggested that Yiddish was a linguistic marker of genetic and psychological inferiority.
  • Spurs fans use the word as a point of pride due to some anti semetic chants we had to put up with over the years. The chant started many years ago as some fans put up an flag with the star of David on after one such event The chant of YId Army does ring out during the game, as a Jewish supporter of the team I have no problem with it but if someone used to word as an insult and I would take offence.
  • Spurs fans use the word as a point of pride due to some anti semetic chants we had to put up with over the years. The chant started many years ago as some fans put up an flag with the star of David on after one such event The chant of YId Army does ring out during the game, as a Jewish supporter of the team I have no problem with it but if someone used to word as an insult and I would take offence.
    I think it's cute that the fans would assume such an identity. However, it doesn't seem like calling themselves yids is doing much to tamp down the racism of the original taunts, at least from what I've read today. The owners (not the authorities) ought to severly discourage it. On the other hand, it seems like the reporting solely describes yid as being antisemitic, which it is too simple: there is no such thing as "the y-word" that is comparable to "the n-word." It is a Jewish word to describe Jews.
  • 300x300.jpg

What part of "Jazzy Boat Cruise" do you not understand?
  • The 'boat' part.

Craig
  • edited August 2013
    Funny how the "y" varies across genres. "Bluesy" sounds like it could well be a good thing. "Folky" sounds a bit less complimentary to my ear but could be OK - kind of a sloppy descriptor. "Jazzy" sounds to me like a harbinger of superficiality and poor quality (because of the "y", not because of the "jazz").
    Of course "Rocky" has other connotations altogether.
    That Boat Cruise album cover just had me making sure that I was logged out of the emusic page so that couldn't click on anything by accident...