Great Expectations: musicisgood.org is a go!

1313233343537»

Comments

• Hmmmm....I just tried to e-mail Dr. Mutex to see if it was a server company issue, but both e-mails I have for him bounced back. You around Doc?

Craig
  • It's fixed now. The credit card they had on file for the charges had expired.
  • Thanks, Doc!

Craig
  • I've submitted another classical history chapter. Forgot the categories and tags, though.
  • Excellent! I'll review and post this evening.

I'll have a draft done soon too, but obviously won't post for a week or so.

Craig
  • So a guy making a music documentary wants to use one of my photos from the Husker Du post in his documentary. Very cool.

Craig
  • Very cool. I have a piece half written, btw. Life is just in insane mode at the moment.
  • Anybody else have anything? I've posted too many in a row!

Craig
  • edited July 2013
    Craig, I have a piece half written (no change from last post but one on this thread :-( ) and have been too swamped to get to it these past few weeks...and I start a new job this week. I will try to get to it soooooon. Same goes for refurbishing my thoughts from Jakarta from a thread here a while back. And for finishing off my mix...
  • Sounds good GP. Just don't want to take it over! Plus, I know we are getting some traffic from the interview I posted earlier (based on Facebook shares it's already starting to make its way through the Twin Cities music community), so it's a good opportunity if anyone has something in a day or two!

Craig
  • kezkez
    edited July 2013
    @Craig (and GP), if you have more lag time in between new mig pieces, how about publishing GP's song of the week piece on Catholic Architecture that was posted here? I thought that one was perfect just the way it was written here. It could go up really quick. Just a thought.
  • @kez, Craig, I surprised myself; I thought I might have time this evening to brush up the Catholic Architecture piece (I do want to give it a once over before posting it), then decided to take a look at the infamously half done one and ended up spending a while on it...it'll be ready to post in the next day or two.
  • I wish I could get another history piece up, but I just don't have the time to finish the chapter I'm working on. Maybe a huge push will get it done next week, but I see September as a more likely result, unfortunately.
  • Sounds great, GP! Nereffid, no rush. I'm not a task master!

Craig
  • I need a taskmaster though. I was hoping to get the full history done by the end of this decade!
  • In that case, get to work you lousy slacker!

Craig
  • edited July 2013
    OK, the half-done piece is now two-halves-done and submitted.

ETA: and, wonder of wonders, so is the other one. Use the review first. The other is not time sensitive. (and you might want something in between to avoid too much consecutive deadly seriousness).
  • Scheduled for tomorrow.

Craig
  • Via Twitter, Bruno Bavota has asked if someone at MiG might be interested in reviewing his album.

Piano/cello/violin ... peaceful stuff. Nothing that grabs my ear personally, but then again, I did listen to his album all the way through and might listen to it again, so there's that. I'm also pretty burned out from the Jazz Picks column, so I really have no business analyzing any more music at this point.

Here's that Bandcamp page...

http://brunobavota.bandcamp.com/
  • I'd certainly be willing to review it if it were anywhere near my genres, but based on a cursory look I'd probably be the worst person who writes at MiG to review this particular album.

Craig
  • I rec'd a PR guy to the MiG site. I assume he'll be shooting someone an email. He deals in some interesting world music type of endeavors.
  • edited September 2013
    It didn't occur to me until just now that MiG doesn't have an email account.

Do you want me to set a yahoo account up for you guys, which you all can access and receive emails from the usual gang of people who would email MiG?

Or maybe you prefer the intrigue that builds from the impenetrable fortress that is the MiG conduit of information... one-way only.

/That's what she said
    /furniture
    /monies
  • Is it just me or is MIG down at the moment ?
  • edited January 2014
    I just got in. No problem.

EDIT: The front of the house. I didn't try logging into the admin panel, however.
  • Working fine for me.

Craig
  • Maybe it was down, but now it's up. Which is counterintuitive, actually, since we all know that you have to get up to get down.
  • I can set up email @emusers.org and forward it wherever it's wanted. Unfortunately it's an invitation to spammers to publish an email address. I think I installed a contact form plugin a long time back. It probably just needs to be turned on and configured.
  • That sounds good Doc Mu. It can forward to me, but I need to decide which email would handle spam better. Any thoughts on a Comcast v. gmail address?

Craig
  • kezkez
    edited January 2015
    My Best of 2014 list is submitted. (At least I think it's submitted. When I left the page, I saw I had a whole bunch of pages still open which I closed.)

As I was making my list, I discovered it grew so I actually managed to make it a Top 20 list instead of a Top 10.

Let me know if everything looks okay.