What are you listening to right now? (part 4)

Comments

• edited March 2011
    - Streaming from Bandcamp:

4109922761-1.jpg
    Greg Haines - Komarovo 5 eur. - released 28 September 2009

"All sounds sourced from a performance for church organ, piano and tape recorders, recorded live at the Grunewaldkirche, Berlin on June 12th 2009."
    Greg Haines @ eMu

- Gorgeous !
  • The-Autumn-Defense-%E2%80%93-Once-Around.jpg

@germanprof - charming is quite a good word to describe Sira. I tend to play it in the background when I want something gentle, for example when doing some serious lesson planning!
  • 2583115788-1.jpg

Surf music with a side of Harry Partch. Worth a listen. Name Your Price.
  • Surf music with a side of Harry Partch.

My mind is blown and I haven't even heard it yet.

Craig
  • 300x300.jpg

Stop me if you've heard this before, but so glad I grabbed as much Prestige as I did before the well ran dry.
  • 3638075858-1.jpg

Looking forward to the full album in a couple of weeks
  • edited March 2011
    ExitosCover6001.jpg

A new release a couple of days ago and just downloaded from emusic - no Oops so far today...
    Executive Producers Chicago and Peter Schivarelli have teamed up with New York producer Jon Van Eps to create CHICAGO ¡EXITOS!

This adaptation of the band's hits is performed by the New York Latin All-Stars featuring Eddie Ganz. The lyrics are translated and sung in Spanish by Eddie and the vocals are shared on a few songs by Denise De La Cruz. The music is arranged by Dave Samuels and Jon Van Eps, the horns adapted by Jeff Holmes and performed in a unique mix of Latin styles.

Chicago does not sing or play a single note on this album.

When we first conceived the idea we quickly realized that if we performed on the project we would not be able to achieve the intricacies involved in the numerous rhythms and playing styles so we asked our friend Jon Van Eps if he would like to put together a band of all-stars to do just that. "NYLAS" display sensitive dynamic range, power, and authenticity across multiple Latin sub-genres and have adapted 12 Chicago hits as you've never heard them before.
    from Chicago's website

The two tracks I have played so far are, as expected, a cross between Buena Vista and Chicago. Certainly worth a listen if you like either.
  • edited March 2011
    51b2x2o-wcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
  • @Greg, Wow. From the samples it sounds like it works very well.
  • edited March 2011
    600x600.jpg
    "This beautiful collaboration features two of the most prolific talents from the current experimental scene, both with reputations of leviathan proportions. For this release, Machinefabriek, based in Rotterdam, The Netherlands, and Peter Broderick, based in Berlin, Germany (although constantly on the road) set out to push each others limits, and to explore new areas within their own creativity.

The resulting album is a delicately crafted one, with Machinefabriek and Broderick virtuosically combining instrumental compositions, drone, and heartfelt soundscapes with song structures and vocals. Or as Peter Broderick himself put it: "We tried a lot of different things on this album, pushing ourselves to explore new areas... And for me the result is the collection of music I feel most proud of so far."

- Fang Bomb 2009
    - My two cents: OMG !
  • Chicago Exitos, that's great...never would have thought of it, but it's a natural!
  • @Doofy, Elwoodicious et al - yes I was quite suprised by how much I liked it. Years ago, when their first three or four albums were out I was a great fan of Chicago, but I wasn't that keen on their later stuff. I've also downloaded this today - a remaking of some of their earlier recordings by the current band. Generally I wouldn't contemplate downloading remakes but this intrigued me. I'm almost through it now - very familair but better sound quality than some of their earlier releases. I hope they soon bring out some new material with this band.

5554016.jpg
  • 3869406687-1.jpg

Cool Jazzed up Bluegrass fiddle, including a Klezmerish take on Jerusalem Ridge. Free.
  • edited March 2011
    600x600.jpg
    Stephen O'Malley (Sunn0))), KTL), Daniel O'Sullivan (Ulver, Mothlite, Guapo), Kristoffer Rygg (Ulver), Steve Noble (N.E.W., Company, etc).
    " En Form For Bl
  • edited March 2011
    2342435920-1.jpg
    Walter Sickert & The Army of Broken Toys - Dream Drome
    (=>bandcamp) $1 or more, Creative Commons license.
    I like this. Thanks, Bad Thoughts.
  • 3653200066-1.jpg
    Walter Sickert & The Army of Broken Toys - SteamShipKillers
    (=>bandcamp) $10 "Note that EVERY SINGLE PENNY of this goes to the REAL LIVE artist!!!!
    "
    Creative Commons license.
    After Dream Drome I wanted more. This one is more melodramatic, which is more of a good thing for me. (Comments based on tracks 1-4). Playing from Bandcamp.
  • edited March 2011
    [img=][/img]

Asphalt Orchestra, Zomby Wolf is a free track from eMu today. Album is only $3.43, and is a nice high VBR bitrate. Here is an Amazon Link.
  • @amclark: i really want that destroyer album. in the meantime, this morning:

51AvvF%2B9aPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

. . . and, again, yuck's debut.
This discussion has been closed.