What are you listening to right now? (part 4)

Comments

• thom - I stand by this album. For the most part it is good pop with post punk underpinnings. I say for the most part because "Don't Speak" is atrocious.

Craig
  • edited March 2011
    61C5vAxRLBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I stand by this album. For the most part it is good pop with post punk underpinnings.
  • 0000448015_182.jpg

ZZZzzzz.... For spectral music, this is boring. I should have paid attention to the review at eMu. At least I only bought the first track for $1 at 7dig
  • edited March 2011
    I stand on top of this album while wearing heavy go-go boots. For the most part it is horrible pop with pre-punk soiled underwear (thankfully, without needles 'n' pins, though they did include a version of "I Got You Babe").

300x300.jpg
  • 51iHVVdNSbL._SS500_.jpg

Precisely the right way to close up shop on a Monday. Fought server fires, ran 3 miles, ate a killer dinner, and am now wearing my skinny-man belt at the 2nd notch.
  • Worked hard, now off to the gym to work some machines for an hour to this until I have a hard time standing, whatever the album.
    300x300.jpg
  • Doofy, what do you think of the Braxton Pittsburgh show? I think it's very good. Picked up the freebie 70s quartet boots yet?
  • R-1900792-1254652743.jpeg
    offthesky & darren mcclure - suspended
    CD arrived this evening, thus finally officially completing my offthesky collection.
  • edited March 2011
    karg, it was my first spin on the Braxton, but sounded good. Mary Halvorson fans might be interested, she's a presence on this. Have not seen those 70's 4-tets of which you speak!

edit, just happened to look at Inconstant Sol...
  • Have not seen those 70's 4-tets of which you speak!
    At Braxton's site, go to the bottom and 'Browse by Date', and you'll see years listed which, clicked through, yield many tasty free boots. Great stuff!
  • 61sWNRMg5%2BL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    Mmmm, noisey...
  • Propellers+In+Love.jpg
    Thanks, Brighternow (ubuweb thread).
  • tumblr_leb8uzTIgA1qb8q0zo1_500.jpg

Another incredible and free Odd Future release.
  • 51iuJOMFXwL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    Discovered via jUj's blog.
  • edited March 2011
    - Streaming From Bandcamp:

1355871001-1.jpg

- Excellent ! - Thanks to Germanprof.
  • edited March 2011
    Ditto. Thanks, thom.
    [edit] wow, it's a while since I took so strong an instant dislike to a vocal as in that first track.
  • edited March 2011
    61sHb1MN-aL._SS500_.jpg
    (url=>amz)

Terry Riley got me there and Peter Tosh will help me stay in my happy place.
  • edited March 2011
    This list of 10 "post-dubstep" artists to hear.

I'm saving time by listening to them all together at once. Noisy! Recommended!

300x300.jpg

edit: my ears are ringing. proceed with caution!
  • 51iHVVdNSbL._SS500_.jpg
    (url=>amz)

This album is so good. So very good.
  • Suprised myself by liking the Benga Rock Music track of those so far played. Like Germanprof I didn't like the vocal on the first. I'll see how far I get with the remainder - they all may not last the distance!
  • edited March 2011
    What I will be listening to next month:

Nigeria70_small.jpg

Somewhere in Africa, there is a dusty old record from the 70s that has not been anthologized. Maybe.
  • @doofy - just saw your tweet, guess I need to follow Strut. Does Soundway have a twitter account?

51U51xPgdrL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    Skipped their last one, not skipping this one.
  • No longer listening to music tonight - Champions League Manchester United against Marseilles starts in a few minutes! A must win game for United, but Marseilles would go through with a draw as it was 0-0 after the first leg
This discussion has been closed.