What are you listening to right now? (part 4)

Comments

• doofy, that news about a new nigeria-70 volume made my day. also, it prompted me to follow strut and soundways on twitter. thanks.
  • Daniel, if you are following Sounday, you will have seen this as well: Aqui Los Bravos! The Best of Michi Sarmiento y su Combo Bravo 1967 - 77. I'm @doofycomics, btw.
  • edited March 2011
    - More Sparkling Wide Pressure (aka. Frank Baugh) bliss:
    3745340963-1.jpg
    Bob Moves/Linda Speaks
    Sold out from Existential Cloth Recordings - now free @ Bandcamp.

- Wow !
  • edited March 2011
    @thom:
    I think this was an Amie freebie. At first I was like, "Cool, they sound like Robyn Hitchcock." Now I'm all, "Hmm, why don't I just play some Robyn Hitchcock."
    I hate it when I miss good freebies... I actually still have a vinyl copy of One the Juggler's Nearly a Sin LP - also a good record, and I think it was their only US release. Good to see those guys are still around, or one of them anyway. And it's never a bad time to play Robyn Hitchcock records, either!
  • so that must be the next soundway disc, 'cause i just got one that has a similar sound, but i'm pretty sure the title is different (not my favorite soundways disc, this new one, but they're all good). i kind of don't understand the idea behind soundcloud, tho i do like the ability to comment at specific times within a song.

i will check out your twitter account, btw.
  • edited March 2011
    3140654128-1.png Blue Jungle - Baby Don't Cry (=>bandcamp) $5.

Thanks, ScissorMan.
  • @Thom

I've been addicted to that Spiritualized album since it came out. When was that, like '96?

Listening to a lot today...

Mark_Knopfler-Local_Hero_3.jpg

Mark Knopfler - Soundtrack to the movie "Local Hero"

Wayne_HorvitzThe_President-Miracle_Mile_3.jpg

Wayne Horvitz - "Miracle Mile"

And all those Flaming Lips I posted about in that thread.
  • 3638075858-1.jpg

Great track to start the day - looking forward to the rest of the album. Bit of irony there though, considering the title and it is 7.30 in the morning here!
  • thereluctantgraveyard.jpg

Continuing my theme of playing albums I have played just once
  • edited March 2011
    1811367.jpg

Just been catching up on the overnight threads on the other board. I have been reading the one on sound quality and jonah's comments reminded me that I hadn't played this for probably a week! In the UK you can download at least seven versions of this from emusic. I really do wonder about the sound quality of some. None of course have the remastered version with the alternate Flamenco Sketches and probably some at least have the original timing . As I am playing the Sony CD re-issued on the 50th anniversary my only sound quality issue is related to the equipment I am playing it on!
  • 51Kh0En%2BpWL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Kangaroo - Songs (French)

Little local indie pop band. Nothing earth shattering, but very nice to help warm up for spring.

Craig
  • edited March 2011
    kt_165.jpg

Deutsche Kassettent
  • @elwoodicious - I might have some Global Underground discs in need of a new home in the near future, let me know if you're interested.

61oXJWqe7wL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    @thom, dumping your techno to the curb? ;-)

51XpZL5Kj7L._SS500_.jpg
    (url=>amz)

I miss Amie Street so much.
  • I miss Amie Street so much.

I was thinking about this the other day, without Amie and without an eMu sub (or even with one based on the steep cost increase for new albums), I'm going to have trouble putting together a top ten list for 2011. That seriously bums me out.

This will almost certainly be on whatever I do come up with though:

51XV5xPoNrL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Craig
  • 51creVYU-kL._SS500_.jpg
    (url=>amz)

Examples of Twelves was one of my favorite Amie Street discovers. And I'm with Craig, top year lists are pretty much over for me.
  • edited March 2011
    1961755728-1.jpg
    (Bandcamp)

Recommended !
  • I dunno. I love sleep.

x9zf.jpg
  • Moneyjungle.jpg
    Album of the (last) Century

This may finally be the month on Guitar Boy Superstar for me. And yet there's the new Angola Soundtrack, so....

Special recognition award to cafreema for being first to weigh in on "Best of 2011" list!
This discussion has been closed.