What are you listening to right now? (part 4)

Comments

• I think the historically approved method is to drop your sequencer down the stairs.
  • edited February 2011
    Free Kranky Sampler
    This sampler has been useful in confirming that I am not interested in Atlas Sound or Deerhunter. I'll take the free Pan American track and run. Much of this morning's second half listening has turned out to be a process of elimination.
  • Dixie_Chicks_-_Wide_Open_Spaces.jpg

Genre>Country>All>play
  • I started out with a little Mingus, but decided I wasn't in the mood for it first thing in the morning. Instead I went with my first listen to this, which I just got long after most people, and I really like it.
    the-avett-brothers_i-and-love-and-you_2009.png
  • edited February 2011
    2463677007-1.jpg
    Markus Reuter: touch guitars + loops
    Bernhard Wöstheinrich: synthesizer + percussion

- Cool ! - (and free @ Bandcamp)
  • 1172077650-1.jpg
    Beautiful. Another shout out to you guys with the recs!
  • radiohead-the-king-of-limbs.jpg
    As an individual ambivalent to Radiohead I'm enjoying it so far. My wife, of course, is clapping her hands in delight.
  • edited February 2011
    luxxar052001-01_front.jpg?w=300&h=300

Excellent, Thanks Bad Thoughts

Edit: WOW !
  • Trying the Radiohead 01 and 10 playlist which blends OK Computer and In Rainbows (I cannot remember if I read about it here or on Reddit).
  • 615uhKjwR5L._SS500_.jpg
    (url=>amz)
    Daily (delicious) Deal and my 4 y/o approves of the beats.
  • Hessien_Broken_2_thumb.jpg
    Tresspassing on Germanprof's stomping grounds (Audio Gourmet) for some gentle ambient.
  • 262724398_ef1633804d.jpg
    Tim Hecker- Live at La Sala Rossa / (Montreal 2-10-11)
  • edited February 2011
    Streaming from Soundcloud:
    artworks-000004918312-66i7tt-crop.jpg?c1f0ed]

- Cute !
  • 51haJDIUCQL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Swell Maps - International Rescue

Craig
  • @Bad Thoughts - not sure how well stomping and Audio Gourmet go together :)
    300x300.jpg
    Changes Come / Over the Rhine Live by Over The Rhine
    Had not had this out for a while, and had forgotten how brilliant it is. Brought back memories of how good a show they had on that tour also. Back when they still rocked out a bit more.
  • edited February 2011
    New Oathless track posted to Soundcloud. (I just added what I think is a complete list of his other titles to date to discogs, in case anyone is interested in what else he has beyond the recent album, which I know a few folk here listened to. They are all on either bandcamp or the archive for free). Not all equally good as you go back, but some really nice tracks.

Edit: Moved discography info to free stuff thread and added links.
  • 2462679166-1.jpg
    Even // Wasteland by Port St. Willow
    Lovely. Thanks, Kenny. (Bandcamp thread).
  • 300x300.jpg - 12K - 2011
    Tasogare: Twilight. The light between day and night.

Live Recordings from:
    Minamo
    Sawako + Hofli
    Moskitoo
    Solo Andata
    Taylor Deupree
    Recorded live on April 10th and 11th, 2010, Tasogare: Live in Tokyo documents the performances of five 12k artists at two temples in Tokyo, Japan. Komyoji Temple (April 10th) saw the first-ever performance in Japan by Australia’s Solo Andata, known for creating deep, textured music with found objects, homemade instruments and very little in the way of electronics or software tricks. The duo was joined by 12k veteran Sawako whose voice and delicate computer work were accompanied by guitarist Hofli and Moskitoo who always plays the line between experimentalism and abstract pop.

On April 11th, the 12k weekend moved to the Frank Lloyd Wright designed Jiyu Gakuen Myonichi-kan where Solo Andata performed again, this time with the improvisational beauty of the four-piece Minamo and label- founder Taylor Deupree whose travel-worn state musically played out in the most hushed and calming way.

Tasogare: Live in Tokyo represents the importance of recording and keeping documents of performances seen and heard around the far corners of the globe - a chance for many others to hear what went on a world away in live sets that can’t, and won’t be duplicated again.This edition also represents the adventures formed by artists connected by a label, sharing travels, food, photography, music and sleepless nights. It is the way in which each artist, in their own unique and completely different sounding way, contributes to a collective spirit.
  • @Brighternow - that one's next on my purchase list. Thinking I'll hold off on the DL and buy a CD.
  • @ Germanprof. . . Well worth a hard copy. IMO
  • edited February 2011
    3145730273-1.jpg
    ANDREW LILES - MY LONG ACCUMULATING DISCONTENT : COMPLETE DOWNLOAD VERSION
    - This complete download version of MY LONG ACCUMULATING DISCONTENT contains the original 2004 mix of the album, an enhanced 2011 mix and 9 bonus tracks.

- Yeah !
  • edited February 2011
    3165550368-1.jpg
    "Multitrack electroacoustic works utilizing numerous electric guitar, electric bass and female voice samples."
  • jq3od3.jpg

from the Makunouchi Bento thread.
  • 300x300.jpg

Finally got this, after months on my S4L.
This discussion has been closed.