What are you listening to right now? (Number 9, number 9...)

Comments

• 1029431192-1.jpg

Ben Wendel - "Frame"
    -On Sunnyside's bandcamp page...

http://sunnysidezone.com/album/frame
  • "Revolution Number 9" is actually the one Beatles song in my (and everybody's) iTunes library that has never been played.

Sunday morning, time for church

300x300.jpg
  • 333.jpgtype027-hi_medium.jpg

Peter Broderick - "Music for Congregation" & "Float" back to back.
    -That Congregation album is just an EP, but it might be the prettiest thing he's ever done. My adoration of Float has been stated previously.
  • I've long liked "Revolution Number 9". Nice tape piece. Fwiw, it's got 3 plays in my iTunes lib; the median playcount for my Beatles tracks is 4.
  • edited April 2012
    Long story, the short version is that a few months ago I switched to a new laptop without Firewire, so my music library is still on the old laptop and the ext. Firewire drive with the music is in a drawer. All this time I've been playing stuff in Spotify and off the Web. I've had no need to plug the ext. drive back in. Although I can't give playcounts, I'm sure I've played #9 a few times. edit: also Amazon Cloud Player for alternate listening, especially at work. ACP is almost exclusively Amazon free tracks.

41o4SY4c31L._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    Young Hines - Give Me My Change

I like this so far. Reminds me of Mott the Hoople and Pink Floyd. edit: Some Beatles in there as well.
    Listening online at AOL Full CD Listening Party
    edit: Finished the album. I like it. Definitely worth a listen.
  • 51gHGVeaDjL._SS500_.jpg

Actually, I am listing to Joe Frawley's The Silent Ballet. I have listened to Revolution Number 9 a dozen times, according to my iPod (which cannot lie).
  • 61vDGf%2BA8zL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Thanks Google Music!

Craig
  • edited April 2012
    My number 1 in number 9:

- Greg Haines & Wouter van Veldhoven:
    1907429690-1.jpg
  • I'm with you Doofy on Number 9!! It is unticked so always gets missed out when I play the album.

41Mq5BEEmEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
  • edited June 2012
    51UbV963j7L._SL500_AA280_.jpg
  • 41RHJ9-lGVL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Free NMC Sampler from Amazon UK
  • In the car on the way in:

61idETR8k2L._SX300_.jpg

I almost forgot I had this. Glad to be re-aquainted.
  • edited April 2012
    300x300.jpg
    - "Probably the most promising Italian composer of the new generation, Fausto Romitelli (1963-2004) died in Milan after a serious illness. Trained in Milan and Sienna, he was interested at a very early stage in the major pioneers of contemporary music (Ligeti, Scelsi, Donatoni), but was especially inspired by French spectral music and new technologies in sound; his period as a research composer at IRCAM from 1993 to 1995 definitely opened up horizons for him that had an unparalleled effet on the development of his musical language.
    An astonishing composer, of insolent modernity, the Italian’s world included psychedelic rock and electric sonorities. An Index of Metals, his last work, was written during the final weeks of his life and is a veritable journey to the heart of sound, to the centre of sound matter. Romitelli explores sound in all its breadth, in all its depth, to find out to what extent he is close to something throbbing and alive, to admire its energy and even its violence. This is total immersion; all the component elements of Romitelli’s music seem to want to push the limits of sound and try out a novel sublimity. Even Kenka Lèkovich’s text becomes matter, linguistic in this case, reinforcing the sound matter, at once sensual and metallic."

- Cypres Records 2005
  • 300x300.jpg

To be followed by, with thanks to BT,

1804882208-1.jpg
  • 300x300.jpg
    Anne-James Chaton with Alva Noto and Andy Moor - D
  • choco-12-04-lit-city.jpg

Highly recommended and very very good free Mixtape from DJ Rashad.

Then:

51txg5gGu0L._SX300_.jpg
  • edited April 2012
    BC streaming:
    4181133224-1.jpg
  • edited April 2012
    51vAchSWUiL._SX300_.jpg

Emeralds - What Happened?
  • edited April 2012
    - More BC streaming:
    2237227321-1.jpg
    Gabriel Faur
  • cover.jpg

Thanks BN
  • 300x300.jpg]
    Prompted by amclark2.
  • 300x300.jpg
    Rainier Lericolais - 12 bruits de fond(s)
    - This album also features : David Sanson, Aya Sumino, Lili Kim, Geoffroy Montel, Miho-Line, S
  • edited April 2012
    square-200.jpg&w=180&h=180&ov=1&rc=5,5,0,0

Thanks, BDB. There are some moments when to my ear this verges on the twee, but some really nice moments as well.
This discussion has been closed.