Drip.fm

1234568»

Comments

• Finally listening to this V - Twin album.  I'm so confused by this.  It's excellent early 2000s rock, released on a pretty big time label, but last.fm has *no* information about them and only 2 listeners have scrobbled them.  Meanwhile AllMusic says this:

"In the process, the duo made major fans out of fellow artists such as
    Belle And Sebastian, the Pastels, Alex Chilton. American songwriting
    legend Dan Penn also invited the duo to collaborate in the studio."

What is going on here?

Craig
  • edited March 2015
    Well I see Pitchfork liked them. Maybe having a band name that only brings up motorcycles in Google made them obscure?
  • If there are only 2 who have scrobbled them, then I am one of them, as I am on the Domino drip and usually try to listen as soon as possible (within a day or so). Enjoyed and will probably listen to them again by the end of the weekend.
  • Maybe the first person to tag it called them W by mistake. 
  • @cafreema - Check under V-Twin (no spaces). It looks like they may have mistagged them on Drip and last.fm has no autocorrect set up.
  • And to be honest, I'm just totally confused as to how I never heard or even saw a copy of that album before.
  • Ahhh!  There they are.  Time to retag when I get home, I guess.

I'm dumbfounded that I've never heard of them.

Craig
  • RIP

>>>>>>>>>>>

Dear Friends,

After five years, we’ve decided to conclude Drip on March 18. It was a difficult decision, but after assessing all our options we believe it’s the best one. Read on to learn why:

A Letter from the Founders

Thank you for being a part of Drip. We started this with the goal of creating a fun and safe place for fans to connect with their favorite labels and artists, and we couldn’t have done it without you.

What does this mean for your subscriptions? Nothing changes except that you will no longer be billed. You have until March 18 to download your music, data and continue using Drip.

Questions? Check our FAQ

We’re humbled and honored to have worked with some of the best creators in the world, and to have been a small part of bringing their art to you.

Thank you and much love,

– Sam, Miguel & Team Drip

>>>>>>>>>>>

• What a shame. I really enjoyed the Morr music drip when I subscribed to it. 
  • I thought this was a nice article about this sphere of the music world...

https://medium.com/cuepoint/the-music-startup-meltdown-cd2f7a38e939#.ajt1tvota

It touches upon Drip.fm, but goes on from there.
  • Thanks, that was an interesting read.
  • Drip is not dead!  It has joined Kickstarter and will continue.

Craig
  • Yes, I saw that, too Craig, though I feel like some labels are missing. When I looked yesterday, Morr didn't come up, but came up through a google search.