Amazon Daily mp3 Download Deals

Comments

• BT, movies and Melies, esp Voyage dans la Lune, are central to the story. It's just now on DVD, check it out. Lovely movie.
  • Today it's Johnny Cash's 16 Biggest Hits for $3.99. I think it's a typo, but on the the main MP3 Page it says 16 Biggest Dreams, which as much as I love most of Johnny Cash, might be more interesting than just another greatest hits compilation.
  • Interesting typo! Famously, the mariachi horn part for one of those biggest hits, "Ring of Fire," did come to Johnny in a (psychedelically-inspired) dream.
  • Something about those misquotes or mishears is fun. Today in a class the professor said Courtly Love and for a second I thought he said Courtney Love.
  • Well I received them all. :)
  • edited February 2012
    Just a random find that Amazon has this 2 disc Dar Williams set for $7.99, a good price, Many Great Companions. Disc 1 is re-do's with Companions, Disc 2 original versions, making this a good sampler for anyone who doesn't have much of her.
  • Thanks doofy, I just gave myself a lovely gift.
  • Today's it's the new Tennis album for Young and Old for $3.99.

I will claim this almost makes up for sell Twilight ebook for $2.99.
  • edited February 2012
    In the CD arena Amazon sent me an e-mail about the new EMI 20th Century Classics series, 2 disc sets at pretty reasonable prices, only 10 so far, but I figure more to come. I confess to not being a fan of 20th Century classical myself but just passing along. I like my classical like my blues and jazz - moldy and oldie.
  • I know most folks here won't be interested, but it must be pointed out that 2pac's All Eyez On Me is currently at $3.99. It's his 2 disc, 5 star masterwork, so anyone with any interest at all in hip hop should download it immediately.

Craig
  • Cool, got it, thanks Craig! Also, your link is broken; but I figured it probably doesn't matter, because I found it and nobody else is probably interested. :)
  • Weird. Wonder what I screwed up.

Oh well, you're right no one else is likely interested. I could have just whispered it to you! Then again, who knows. Maybe Katrina will surprise us. ;)

Craig
  • Ah, begorra, it's The Chieftains with a cast of guests as the DOTD - Voice of Ages.
  • BigD, it's not as good as you want it to be. Stream it elsewhere before buying it.
  • edited February 2012
    If you want a Chieftains album for St Paddy's day, get his one! Absolutely gorgeous, and a bargain price for the disk:

61CINefDQDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I've been disappointed by Chieftains CDs with 'special guests'...aside from 'Bells of Dublin,' they've never worked all that well.
  • Just checked out Voice of Ages on Amazon UK - not released here until late April; I really thought that kind of thing had stopped.
  • special guests albums in general seem so-so
  • It's not the daily deal, but I just noticed Stevie Wonder's Songs In The Key Of Life is only $3.99. If you don't own this, please go get it now!
  • Thank you Rudie! That's an album that has always been on my "why don't you have this album? Are you an idiot? List"

Craig
  • There seems to be a "Black History Month" $3.99 deal at Amazon that is unadvertised. Google Music had a 3.99 Black History month sale - the same titles seem to appear (Rick James, Staple Singers, John Coltrane). I'll bet that Amazon scours the sales elsewhere and quietly matches the price for those who comparison shop. Right now Google Music is advertising a Grammy sale with LP's for $3.99. Amazon has some of those albums at that price point, too (Muppets). Oddly, Los Muppets remains at $9.49.
  • edited February 2012
    Using the nebulous category R&B here are 1,734 results from $3.99 to $4.99, ordered low to high. Does seem to be some kind of pattern, but not all that.
  • edited February 2012
    Well, with whatever respect might be due to that 2Pac disk, this is a hip hop album that might tempt me at $3.99. Blackalicious/Gift of gab. I've really liked the stuff of theirs that I've heard. Also noticed at $3.99 Superfly by Curtis Mayfield, Blade Runner Trilogy by Vangelis (3 disks; I could be wrong but I don't think that one is black history month; only half tempted here, it is one of my favorite movies though). I just bought the 2-disc version of A Love Supreme for $3.99.
  • edited February 2012
    This seems a more profitable search yield - all MP3s at $3.99. Just filter.

Umm, Harder They Come soundtrack.
  • Blade Runner and Blackalicious? Click and Click.
  • edited February 2012
    @BigD I am still waiting for Amazon to develop a filter for "stuff I might like". It would save so much time. In the mean time the ability to filter simultaneously by price and number of tracks would be useful - I am seeing a lot of releases using that $3.99 price point to release four-track EPs and compilations (which actually means $3.99 is a mark up, not a bargain).

@elwoodicious, yes, I am weakening in the direction of those two clicks also.
  • edited February 2012
    Just stumbled across this OJC for $2.67 - All Mornin' Long - Red Garland Quintet. Not sure if I've got it - if not I will.

2 Hours With Thelonius Monk, $3.39, TSK comp.
    A Date With Jimmy Smith, Vol.1, $2.67.
    Introducing Lee Morgan, $2.67.
    Apologies if any of these are re-does - glazed eyes and idle hands at the end of the workday.
  • edited February 2012
    Sketchy info on this release, other than it's early 60's - $2.07 at Amazon, so's I think I'll take a chance from the samples - Together! - Philly Joe Jone and Elvin Jones.

This 1967 release by the New John Handy Quintet featuring Bobby Hutcherson and Pat Martino - New View! is $2.99.

Finally - Duke Ellington - Live 1947 At The Hollywood Bowl - $1.78 for 53:53 of Ellington. Album is cast as 2 side long tracks; a reviewer was kind enough to list the songs on each.