Amazon Daily mp3 Download Deals

Comments

• edited February 2012
    We have over 60,000 albums priced between $3.99 and $4.99 right now-- good stuff, too!

http://amzn.to/zg5Kmh
  • edited February 2012
    Found in the pages Doofy linked to: Masters of Classical Music
    10:34:46 for $3.99 when reviewers raved about how good a deal it was at $20.00. That's ~$0.0057/minute.

edit: If one judges music that way, anyway.
  • edited February 2012
    It appears that that label, Cobra Entertainment, has also released Masters of Classical Music as 20 individual CDs/MP3 releases which you can find on 7dig for $8.99 a piece. That would make the Amazon set price 0.02219 of that price.
  • Almost looks like this Amazon 'sale' partly reflects a new pricing strategy for shorter albums w/ few tracks. Eg, this Batsumi reissue is now cheaper at AMZ than it is at eMu. (Not sure that wasn't the case before, though)
  • Today it's a compilation of Woody Guthrie tunes for $3.99 covered by Jay Farrar and others.
  • edited February 2012
    Interesting price comparison on the new Leaving Eden by the Carolina Chocolate Drops, $6.99 here at Amazon. It is higher at eMu, $8.24, and a truly ridiculous $11.99 at 7digital even as a front page highlight! I don't think Amazon does lower non-sale new release prices generally as I recall, so it just may be them pushing for market share. I spent more there than anyplace else over the last 3 months (admittedly between their unannounced Xmas sale and the fiasco at eMu that wasn't exactly hard to do).
  • BigD: there are two different versions of the Drops' album, one having four extra songs. That said, Amz has the cheapest price for each level and 7dig is bizarrely expensive.
  • Oops, corrected the 7dig to $11.99 (I had wondered if there was such a situation but got the 15 song version at eMu and Amazon). As you said the prices for the deluxe version hold to the same pattern.
  • The Google Music/Android store is running a 29 albums for $2.99 sale for Leap Year today.
    In honor of leap year – where we are gifted (or burdened with) an extra day in February – we are happy to offer 29 albums for $2.99. The 29 albums include many of our customers' favorites – from Maroon 5 to Rihanna – as well as some incredible albums that we love and want you to hear, including ones from The Rolling Stones and J Dilla. This sale is for one day only, so act fast!

Mostly newer popular music - a couple of classics (Dark Side of the Moon, Exile on Main Street). Dark Side of the Moon is the 2011 remaster with the live from Wembley tracks.
  • Thank you sir! I'll spend $2.99 to see what I actually think of the Lana Del Rey album.

Craig
  • Meanwhile, it's Apollo Brown's Clouds for $3.99 on Amazon.

Anyone know this album?
  • Clouds is essentially a beat tape albeit a very, very nice one. I'm enjoying it.
  • That Handy "New View" album is really good. IIRC, his Live At Monterey album is also dirt cheap (two bucks?) at AMZ, and is also quite excellent.
  • Prowling about led to a couple of things might be of interest:
    Madras 1964, $1.78 for 73 minutes of sitar.
    Chandrakaush Khamaj, $1.98, 50 minutes.
    If you follow the Also Bought banners there are more Indian offerings similarly priced.
  • $5 albums for March But wait...no "She and Him"? There must be some mistake! [/snark]

As always, some good stuff among the obvious ones...the "REM on IRS" set is under consideration, for example.
  • LOL. Browsing that $5 albums for march list and clicking through to a few albums I ran across this classic customer review:

"There are only two songs that are worth listening to on this album. Alive and Kicking along with Don't you (forget about me) are the only two good songs. The other songs on this album are just not even worth listening to because they don't seem to have that ability to make you want to listen to them."

How gloriously circular. So funny.
  • That is funny. Reviews like that make me wonder sometimes why I like to read reviews written by the general public.
  • edited March 2012
    They have a Twitter thing going on for a buck: http://t.co/x7shj9BQ

More importantly, when I went looking for a sale album on which to spend said buck, I saw this, previously unnoticed.

61i1w6es0WL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I suspect these songs are going to have the ability to make me want to listen to them.
  • Alive and Kicking was very underrated, and it should've elevated them from one-hit-wonder status.
  • A lot of best selling top 40 new releases for $2.99 right now on Amazon like the New Van Halen and Lana Del Ray along with some classical compilations etc.
  • edited March 2012
    So, March Is Metal Month - have to get back to this later. If only there were a Cookie Monster Vocal filter......
    Edit - Not seeing any deals that scream to me.

$1.99 classical sampler - 100 Must Have Piano Concertos - 15 hours of piano concertos is a little much for me, but it's a deal for sure.
  • Well that didn't take long. Just blocked Amazon MP3 from my twitter account. Giving me $ in free credit for a tweet is OK. Sending me tweets every 10 minutes about stuff like LMFAO - not OK.
  • edited March 2012
    I took them up on their $1, too.
  • Not sure this is the right place, but since Amazon usually copies the sales (albeit without notice), there's a nice sale at Google Music: albums for $3.99, double albums for $5.99 (although I'm not sure how they figured that out: the deluxe edition Nevermind is just $3.99 while Layla and Donna Summer's Bad Girls deluxe editions are $5.99. I always pick random albums, but those give you an idea of titles/artists to be found.

"Why Does Love Got to Be So Sad?" he pondered.
  • edited March 2012
    Just to follow up on my own post - I checked a couple of the albums on Amazon - they seems to be matching the prices. And how snobbish of me - they are running a 25 cent sale on an album a day. Today's is That's What I Call Music! 41. No interest here.
  • That is not what I call music, Bremble!!
  • thanks for the google tip. Looks like the sales are celebrating a rebranding of their service. I hope the 25 cent deal is a daily thing. I grabbed today's (for my preteen girls, I swear!). I'd say 25 cents is precisely what most of those songs are worth.
  • Google Play tells me that there will be a 25 cent deal each day for the first week of new branding. I'm not sure how successful they'll be, as Amazon is matching the deal. Looking at the top 10 MP3 albums, #1 is the quarter deal, with 6 of Google's $3.99 deals in the top 10 (Adele - still, Bruce Springsteen and Andrew Bird - all at full price - round out the top 10. This has been Casey Kasem and you have been reading Amazon's Top 10 for March 7, 2012).
  • I do wonder what will come out for $.25. I did notice on Amazon the new Sleigh Bell's album is $3.99