What are you listening to right now? (16 Banners United)

Comments

• Sunn O)))

2000                                                                  2002

2005                                                                  2008
  • Sunn O))) - (Greg AndersonStephen O'Malley)

2015                                                                          2002 Teeth Of Lions Rule The Divine
                                                              (Greg AndersonJustin GreavesLee DorrianStephen O'Malley)

2008 Stephen O'Malley & Attila Csihar                     2015  Stephen O'Malley
  • Six Organs Of Admittance - (Ben Chasny)
    I don't think I could ever have too many guitar players.

1998                                                                          1999

2000                                                                           2002
  • edited March 2018

- And all the rest of it . . . So f...... brilliant !

- Continuing with my Arne Nordheim obsession:

• Well, I can't wait to get around to the As ^^^

2003                                                                             2015

2015 Live on WFMU's Imaginary Radio with Chris M, 11/12/2015
              FMA
  • Image result for alva noto unieqav
    Nicolai owns this genre. Fantastic stuff.
  • Shane Perlowin  2011

2013  Tatsuya Nakatani & Shane Perlowin

• Son Seals

1973                                                                      1976

1978                                                                        1984

• = hibernating Emuser @Bad Thoughts
  • Son House  2002 - Revisited

2008  Rory Block - A Tribute To Son House
  • edited March 2018
     httpsf4bcbitscomimga3291194671_14jpg
    Anna von Hausswolff
    (out on City Slang March 2, 2018)
  • Sunnyland Slim

2003       J.B. Lenoir & Friends (Peter ChatmanJoe TurnerPete Johnson
                  20 year old Mike BloomfieldPaul GaytenWalter Jacobs
              Maceo MerriweatherJames A. LaneJohn Lee GrandersonSt. Louis Jimmy Oden)
    Live in '63     Chicago Blues: Live at Nina's Lounge on July, 9, 1963

1969   - Recorded between 2nd and 29th October 1968 with various guest 
    musicians including Big Mama Thornton, Mick Taylor and members of Canned Heat.
  • GP - that Duke Ellington collection looks interesting!

Latency

• edited March 2018
    Andrew Liles - Where Do You Go  To (My Lovely​)​? (Narration by Jean​-​Hervé Peron) 

- The first track on Collosus (Part 1: 1969 - 1993)
    Maverick musician and member of both Nurse With Wound and Current 93, Andrew Liles, is celebrating his immanent 50th birthday by releasing Colossus - a collection of 50 tracks, all of which are 50 minutes long.

- The Quietus

• edited March 2018
    Sonny Boy Williamson

Recorded in Chicago, 1957-1960                          With Eric Clapton And The Yardbirds Live
                                                                          Recorded December 8th, 1963 at Craw-Daddy Club, 
                                                                                                Richmond (London)

Ps Sadly, another victim of Rock & Roll.
    Keith Relf, lead singer and harmonica player of The Yardbirds, died 14 May 1976 from electrocution, at his home, while playing his improperly grounded electric guitar.

• = hibernating Emuser @Bad Thoughts
    Cool! Nice sounds, @Bad Thoughts

NP:
    Image result for soft machine album covers

• edited March 2018
    greg said:
    GP - that Duke Ellington collection looks interesting!

@greg, I picked it up for a dollar on CD in a bargain box, despite pessimism inspired by the cover art. It seems to have divided online reviewers. It is more recent musicians doing an updated, digitally recorded version of Ellington's orchestra - kind of let's remake the hits but with current musicians and technology. My sense of the reactions is that those for whom the warm, vintage sound of Ellingtonia is an essential part of the experience hate the clean, modern sound on this. But I am with the other crowd, who note that the playing is of very high quality, with some really good soloing. So as long as you know it is aesthetically an update and not just a repristination, I would recommend it.
  • edited March 2018
    httpsf4bcbitscomimga0026206232_14jpg
    released March 15, 2018

Total Eclipse Of The Heart (Narration by Edward Ka​-​Spel)
    Track 15 from COLOSSUS (PART ONE: 1969​-​1993) by Andrew Liles
  • edited March 2018
    @GP - thanks I will look out for it
    @Confused - Decades ago I used to have that Yardbirds (Including EC) and Sonny Boy Williamson on an LP - played it a lot at the time. Again, I'll have to try and find it somewhere.

One of many things I like about emusers is how I am led to new things I will really like but also reminders of albums I've not heard in a long time!

3 Explicit

•    
    If (Narration by Brian Poole aka Renaldo M)(Renaldo & The Loaf)
    Track 7 from COLOSSUS PART ONE: 1969​-​1993) by Andrew Liles
  • edited March 2018

- Is a stunning collection of tracks from Polish composer/violinist Olga Wojciechowska entitled “Maps And Mazes”. These 11 pieces were originally written for various international theater/dance and film productions, and their overall feel reflects this performative nature. Electronically treated modern-classical beauties…somewhat dark and moody at times, with it’s elegiac violin and haunting horns…yet always elegant and absorbing…it’s an absolute honor to be releasing an album of music of this high caliber! This music will take you on a wondrous journey, and will serve as your map through the mazes of your emotions…
    - Time Released Sound.

• @greg - I still have it on vinyl but with the discount at Emusic it was easier to download it. I chose to use the album art to match my vinyl. 
    More blues from the Ss.
    Snooks Eaglin

1959                                                                     1987
  • @greg - Well, I guess I'm going to have to say that I used to have that album as well. Darn, I can't find it anywhere. I did a pretty good spine run through the collection and although I found a bunch misfiled (I blame the grandchildren), I didn't find that one. Might be I'm getting too old to remember whose records were whose. No, that couldn't be it.
    Mind I don't remember getting this one at all and only CD A

Sleepy John Estes  CD A 1929 - 1937