What are you listening to right now? (17 Seconds of Cicadas)

Comments

• Jana Winderen

2009                 Heated: Live In Japan                     2010                  Submerged

2010                    Energy Field                                2014                 Out Of Range
  • Specifically, Tokyo, November 14, 1976 (Part 2)

• Jamka

Various Tracks  2001 - 2009   nyop

2011                       Pari Passu                               2016                 Inter Alia  (Emusic)
  • edited October 2019

LA street music by Sam Gendel and Sam Wilkes

I learn that Sam G. has a new album of (solo alto sax) film music:

• edited October 2019
    Doofy said:

LA street music by Sam Gendel and Sam Wilkes

This is a nice crossover between my ambient/field recording and jazz interests! It scratches more than one itch at the same time :-) (and it's $2.67 on Amazon)

• Coincidentally, more film music on Bandcamp. I have a Rez concert coming in a few weeks
  • @Germanprof The label, Leaving Records, is ironically one of the few "left" at eMusic. There was a nice pair of "studio" albums involving one or both Sams last year.
  • Keith Jarrett Trio - After the Fall
  • @Doofy, alas, I am not one of the few left at emusic - but I grabbed it from amazon. I'll check out those others. Thanks for the pointer!
  • Jaap Blonk

1986   Jaap Blonk / Syrinx Saxophone Quartet       2016   Jaap Blonk Leest Theo Van Doesburg
                          - Sarmatian Time    nyop

2017              De Grote Grebbegraai    nyop
  • Jaga Jazzist

2005                    What We Must                           2015                       Starfire 
  • Jacek Sienkiewicz

2011                 Magic Mountain                             2011    On The Road - Recognition Mix

2018                  On And On      
  • free download until monday only

mastering Marlon Wolterink / White Noise Studio
    composed & performed by Michel Banabila

• Jari Pitkänen  (archive.org)

2004                         Conv                                      2005                    Time Exp

2008                            Kuu                                      2008                      Lumien
  • Jari Pitkänen  (archive.org)

2010                     Numiana                                     2012                       Sirin

2013                       Anima Ombra                            2013                     Siam Soul
  • confused said:
    Jari Pitkänen  (archive.org)

2004                         Conv                                      2005                    Time Exp

2008                            Kuu                                      2008                      Lumien
    My Sunday morning has been suitably mellowed. Thanks!
  • ^^^You're welcome and here's a couple more.

2015                  Twilight Star Channeling              2018              Jari Pitkänen & Shum
                                                                                                          - Jää / Jég   nyop
  • edited October 2019

I think @brighternow mentioned this - I like it, thanks!
    Heaven is a work of contemporary church music. Centrally occupied with the subject of death, its conceptualisation was catalysed by Spiluttini’s discovering his mother’s preparations for death. During a visit to her home in 2015 he was led into the local church and shown the two adjacent places she had reserved for their urns. The tracks on Heaven together consist of an analogously personal and anticipatory negotiation with death.

Partly derived from organ recordings made in the same church, the album frequently enlists Arvo Pärt’s compositional method of tintinnabuli. Aside from the thematic logic of its sacred associations, the method suits Spiluttini’s tendency, in spite of heavy and dynamic passages, to minimise tonal complexity. His characteristic uses of gnashing bass, restlessly irregular pacing and serrated distortion return. This time, they combine with pads, harps, fluttering organs and swooping choirs.
  • edited October 2019
    ^^Welcome . . .^^

An old favourite of mine in a brand new remastered version from Morr Music:

ETA: Just in:

"Nebulae" is largely inspired by the instrumental notated musics for saxophone quartets led by multi instrumentalist-composers Roscoe Mitchell ("Nonaah" for four alto saxophones) and Anthony Braxton ("Composition 37" for saxophone quartet). Commissioned by the Philadelphia-based PRISM Quartet, "Nebulae" is an exactly notated work written for the said group along featuring optional improvising percussion (drum set) or mallet percussion. This extended version of "Nebulae" is a live performance in which I am performing on extended range glockenspiel. There is a yet-to-be commercially released recording of this composition.

Commissioned by Opera Philadelphia, Carnegie Hall, and the Lyric Opera of Chicago, "Cycles of My Being" (2018) is a song cycle developed in collaboration with tenor Lawrence Brownlee (for whom the song cycle is written) and poet Terrance Hayes, both of whom contributed the texts. There are two versions of the work. The performers in this recording are Brownlee and pianist Myra Huang. The second version of "Cycles" is scored for tenor, clarinet, violin, cello, and piano.

Scored for string quartet, two vibraphones, glockenspiel, and piano, "Sentimental Shards" is an original work after Duke Ellington's "Sophisticated Lady" (1932) and John Adams' "Sentimentals" movement from his AMERICAN STANDARD (1973). This premiere performance of features members of the International Contemporary Ensemble, the wildUp ensemble, and myself (piano) at Walt Disney Hall, 8 April 2014

• Jac Berrocal

1976                                  Parallèles
  • edited October 2019
    Jasmine Guffond

2015                        Yellow Bell                               2015    Jacob Eriksen /Lukas Grundmann 
                                                                               Jasmine Guffond/Gregor Pfeffer/Martyna Poznańska
                                                                                                          - Singing Stones  nyop

2016           Jasmine Guffond / Plurals
                    - Jasmine Guffond / Plurals  nyop
    PS- this album is new to my library and was a most enjoyable addition!
  •  
    Kevin Drumm - Dizzy
    Released October 20, 2019 
    (not this Dizzy  ;))
  • Jah Wobble

2002                             Fly

• Jaimie Branch on trumpet
This discussion has been closed.