What are you listening to right now? (Covid-19th Nervous Breakdown)

Comments

• multiverse siX

by uni.Sol_37

• edited November 2020
    Proudly presenting one of the best Jazz/rock/fusion bands from Denmark:

- From 1995 and freshly uploaded by Guy Segers (Art Zoyd, Univers Zero)

ETA: And their priceless showstopper where the singer is acting as Black Pete and Mickey Mouse 

• edited November 2020

• edited November 2020

Lueur

by Bjarni Gunnarsson

Lueur consists of four electroacoustic compositions; the product of unfolding and unpredictable generative processes spread across 38 minutes.

An exploration of process as much as tone and texture, the album takes shape through a series of ever-changing movements, interweaving dense low passages and abrupt changes of atmosphere and sound. It is a record that rewards close and repeated listening.

Mastered by Erik Nyström, the record is housed in a custom sleeve, screenprinted in two-colours with procedurally- generated artwork by Luke Twyman. Variations of each layer are combined to make 16 unique sleeve designs, with a further screenprint on the inner sleeve.

The music is derived from generative processes that often appear directly entangled, that are set in motion and activated while maintaining their own degree of autonomy. It takes a certain time for a process to manifest itself. To express its time-varying qualities.

How it unfolds resembles a certain kind of evolution, a becoming that does not have a clear goal but that is based on a constant renewal and recreation. The title refers to faint, quiet but unsteady light sources. Brightness that disperses and refracts at different angles and unfolds through a series of connected developments. Processes that continuously produce output implying a ‘tending towards’ characteristic where certain elements endure while others fade away.

The idea is to uncover details, to introduce something very specific that expands and develops through two important layers of temporal experience, a very direct action-oriented perception and the slower experience of a past that folds into the present.

• How about "Twenty Million Things (We'd Like to Do when COVID is over)"?
    (Moves us to 20, keeps the COVID reference)
    (
    (Just a thought)
  • ^^That sounds fine with me and thanks for making me think about Robert Palmer again.
    Zendee

2005                          Live In Lublin
  • Once again I'm at the bottom of the iTunes alphabet.
    65daysofstatic

2016          No Man’s Sky: Music for an Infinite Universe
    Emusic
  • edited November 2020
    Pierre Bastien presents INSTRUMENTS IMAGINAIRES
    released October 25, 2020
    Pierre Bastien built its instrumentarium under the influence of Raymond Roussel's imagination and book Impressions d'Afrique. For TRUC, he agreed to put together this compilation about "imaginary instruments". He selected descriptions of sounds, sound devices or instruments imagined by writers.

He then invited musicians to imagine the sound these invented devices would produce.

TRUC has a special thought for Victor Nubla and Tom Relleen (Tomaga) who left before the release of this compilation to which they contributed.

• New 7-disc box set.

• Roger and Brian Eno Mixing Colours

• Norton North, 2015
  • Grateful Dead - American Beauty 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition3CD  wO-card - Amazoncom Music

50th anniversary remaster, with 2/18/1971 Port Chester as bonus discs.

• edited November 2020
    rostasi said:
    Wow, this is incredible.

- Indeed ! . . . Thank you very much.
    ETA: With thanks to @rolandkuit :

• tʌntrə VIIII [sic] by Neotantra
    I am almost through all 10 volumes of this series. I think the quality is a bit uneven across the series, but there are a few pretty nice tracks here.
  • We will bring the bad things, dancing in
    your office will be a den of sin
    open up the cabinet, loosen your tie
    the time has come for you to die

Look at all the bad things, grinning through
    the semblance that you think is you
    your Fairy liquid soul anew
    a contractual residue

So So
    Comme ci Comme Ca
    So So
    Comme ci Comme Ca

We have all the bad things, just for you
    You're not anti-Semitic, you just don't like Jews
    your spirit like a stale beer
    paracetamol and codeine is the answer here

Watch the fire coming down
    eating up your nice small town
    oh what have the chapel learnt
    when the tapestries are burnt
    - Sorry ! . . . ;)
  • Here's what I bought so far for Bandcamp Friday, and will be listening to today:

• Starting with
    Delightful new retro, Tangerine Dream-ish release from Ian Boddy.

• Added to my day's haul: delightful new release of generative music.

• I appreciate the Uncle Frank reference.
  • edited November 2020
    Well, as this thread is about to end soon, I'd just like to thank all those good folks that voted in the election. I'll apologize for sticking politics into my posts but I won't apologize for feeling genuinely hopeful for our future. We just found out that my youngest son, my youngest granddaughter along with that son's in-laws have tested positive for covid. No symptoms yet and unrelated exposures. I'm so thankful that there will be a true leader to help the US get together. I hope that's the last political thing I have to say!
    Thanks Again!!!

PS ^^^The Mud Shark
  • edited November 2020
    ^^ I share your exitement and I know that the hopes stretches way beyond the US borders.
    - My best wishes for your family.

- And for the Zappa reference:

• Donald Byrd - Blue Note Records
    Donald Byrd - "Free Form"

• edited November 2020
    confused said:
     I hope that's the last political thing I have to say!

• edited November 2020
    @confused you should send your family to live in Australia! In Melbourne, population nearly 5 million, we have just gone nine days without a single new case of Covid and no deaths. During the whole epidemic this year Australia, population 25 million, has had a total number of infections of under 28,000 and only 907 deaths. And it is a pretty good place as well!
  • My neighbor friend from down the street left for New Zealand when Bush was installed.
    Said that he couldn't believe what America had become. I suppose I should've listened.
    Of course, right after he got there, there was a major earthquake, but that's something else.
This discussion has been closed.