What are you listening to right now? (Covid-19th Nervous Breakdown)

Comments

• Yarn/Wire  Many thanks to @rostasi for the introduction.

Yarn/Wire is a NYC-based piano and percussion quartet dedicated to energetic and insightful 
    performances of today's most adventurous music.
    My new descriptor " most adventurous"
  •    

• Yui Onodera & Vadim Bondarenko

2015                       Cloudscapes
  • edited October 2020

DISCRETE GEOMETRY
    released October 31, 2020
  • edited November 2020
    Well, we didn't have one trick or treater last night. Sad, but actually glad that folks are
    taking the pandemic seriously. I'm afraid this latest listening thread will be here for a while.
    Anyhow, now I have an extra hour to sneak these in. 
    The Legendary Pink Dots
    2020. The year when every day was Hallowe'en, but with just the horror and none of the fun...until now. 

Enjoy this journey. Cover art is by Alice made just for this project.

Hallowe'en At The Double Door 2002        The Legendary Pink Dots Hallowe'en Special 2020
    Thanks and I hope that everyone who is eligible to Vote - VOTES. I only wish I could.
    Ps Don't worry, it's almost morning here too. Ooh, that was fun!
  • edited November 2020
    Some odds and ends to finish off this round of Ys.
    Yes

1971                            The Yes Album
  • Yaz / Yazoo (known as Yaz in North America)

1982                  Upstairs At Eric's                        1983                 You And Me Both
  • Youssou N'Dour Et Le Super Etoile De Dakar

1985                 Immigrés / Bitim Rew                  1988     Out Of Africa - World Beat: Africa

From Youssou N'Dour's three albums released    1992        Eyes Open Special Sampler
    via Virgin between 1988 & 1990. 
    (Immigres, The Lion, Set)
  • edited November 2020
    Yves De Mey

2013                     Transfer EP                             2019                      Sueda
    Emusic                                                                 Emusic
    ps - 2 very different and most enjoyable albums.
  • And for a noisy end to the Ys
    Yasunao ToneTalibam!Sam Kulik

2015                     Double Automatism
  • edited November 2020
    a2137109413_2jpg

• @confused - some favourite albums there amongst the Ys! I used to play that Yes album a lot way back when. I probably haven't heard it in years and I've only got an LP I can't play!! I'll have to search it out on Spotify. Immigres is probably one of my top ten downloads from emusic. I already had a Youssour n'Dour 'Best of' CD. I was in the Gambia ten years ago and he was due to play the night we had to leave. If we'd stayed a day longer we could have got tickets, but we couldn't change our flights. I've heard that his West Africa perormances are very different from those in the rest of the World. It will be on my playlist later today!

Now playing

Hotter Than July Remastered by Stevie Wonder 2000-05-02
  • edited November 2020
    ^^ I had to visit the vinyl for those as well. I wanted to play I've Seen All Good People again to send out some karmic vibes. And, for a noisy start to the Z's, it's been over 2 years since ZK was making his way through the alphabet and I've managed to add to the library. I've really enjoyed most of his noise and even though one of the albums from the archives is 128kbs it might not matter.
    Zbigniew Karkowski

1991                       Uexkull                                              Zbigniew Karkowski / Fl/ex'0
                                                                                              Noisejihad Live 15/04/2005 

Zbigniew Karkowski / Danny Kreutzfeldt       2010?            Untitled (For Guy Marc)
                   Noisejihad Live! 12/10/2006

Ps I'm happy I added these including the Fl/ex'0 and Danny Kreutzfeldt tracks.
  • edited November 2020
    Didn’t know that Uexkull was re-released. I have a box that has all of those great discs on Anckarstrom that were released in the 90s. Maybe I could do a mix of them - oh wait, maybe not.
  • confused said:
    ...I'm afraid this latest listening thread will be here for a while...
    It may be, but my original intention was to match our numbering system to our calendar year, so I was actually hoping that we'd be finishing up "20 Small Cigars" or some such this year instead of lingering on "19."
  • edited November 2020

- Collaborating with David Tibet on the  Hypnopazūzu album.
  • I'll flip this to a "20" tread in a few days, so anyone with other votes for what it should be called, speak now or hold your peace until 21. I am also thinking we could let thread 20 linger a little into 2021 before getting in sync with the year, but am happy to be overruled on that, I guess there is no harm to the universe in one really short thread.
  • edited November 2020
    Well, I sure wished we could call an end to this pandemic too. But, the truth is we aren't there yet despite what some politicians might say. I think if Bandcamp is committed to giving us nyp prices until a vaccine is available, we should also keep this thread current to remind us how important it is for us to watch out for each other. But that's just my opinion. At any rate, Wow, what a terrific day! Almost 18C and one more day I got to spend in the garden. I turned the compost piles and chased out some voles making ready their winter home. I know they'll be back but maybe they'll stay in that corner of the yard this year.
    Zachary Cale

2013                           Blue Rider
    Emusic

Ps - We can always catch up later. It hopefully won't be too long.
    Pps I meant Temporary Residence
  • edited November 2020
    I’m very flexible on whatever you guys choose to do.
    It’s not a major concern - just an observation.
    Times aren’t what they used to be.

I noticed, too, that we’re not all that far from 1000 posts,
    so that’s OK too.
  • edited November 2020
    Time for one more, with Thanks to @Plong42 for the introduction and more folks to explore.
    Zela Margossian Quintet

2018                            Transition
    Emusic

Ps Terrific listen, thanks again. It made me think about another artist I had to get my little brain into high gear to remember. It was that piano and I knew there were Ms involved. By the time I got to Mystic Flute it came to me- Maurice El Médioni
    Wow, that was fun and of course now I have to see if I'm close. At any rate, she's plays a terrific piano and I'd be happy to explore anyone between her and Maurice if anyone has any suggestions.

Recorded in June 1982        Pianoriental
    other albums at Bandcamp 
  • Wow, this is incredible.

• Z'EV

As / If / When (1978-83)                  1990                        Opus 3

2010             Z'EV + Chris Watson 
                        East African Nocturne 
  • ZAO

1973                                    Z=7L

• This will be NYOP tomorrow, wonderful album.
  • edited November 2020

Seven Storey Mountain VI by Nate Wooley

Just one of several new things in this Peter Margasak column at The Quietus: https://thequietus.com/articles/29171-mary-halvorson-matana-roberts-nate-wooley-jazz-album-review

This discussion has been closed.