Guvera

Comments

• I wonder how long the current credits last? I don't mind clicking to get more each day, but I do mind going through the download process and nothing working.
  • Now the 5 downloads I had not tried to use this morning have disappeared - curiously it doesn't say 0 Downloads, it just says Downloads. I think there are problems afoot there today. e-mail to support@guvera unanswered so far.
  • They didn't reply yet to my First Aid Downloading issues either.
  • Suddenly there are many things that are missing.
  • Don't know if anyone needs a timeline - I received and dl'ed 2.5 to 3 hours before Big-D alerted us to problems. Got all my tracks with no problems (L'Histoire de Melody Nelson by Serge Gainsbourg - the 7 song EP is very expensive to DL or purchase.
  • I tried it once - just going to te website locked up my Internet explorer and caused all sorts of weirdness; or maybe that was coincidental?

Tried again later and managed to get and download 8 tracks with no problems. Finished up My Generation, and have only 2 tracks left on Lodger. Let's hope it's still around tomorrow. I don't know why I don't just grab long track albums; I just don't really want any right now...
  • edited October 2012
    Hi again all :D

Not sure what is going on - there's been no notification that there was an outage today, however I'm going to take a look at it.
    choiceweb0pen0- I've tested a few of the First Aid Kit downloads you mentioned, they download fully for me. This was 5 minutes ago too.

We are going through some *massive* catalogue updates at the moment - this is to bring all of the content up to date. During that process however there may be a few things that disappear and appear (though not many should do that!). We are on the edge of a huge new import of music that is going to breath some great life back into the content.

Also re: how long credits last - once they are attached to your user (aka showing in the top right hand corner) they are permenant. I've got 45 credits I left on my own account from the first few days of the new AU website (nearly 60 days ago) and they are still there and available for my use.

*edit* Discovered what the problems are above with transfer speeds and some tracks not being able to download, it will be fixed within the next 24 hours.
    Lost any credits, hit up support with the track, how many credits lost and what country you are in, they will refund any of the free credits for the hassle.
  • The 5 missing credits are back, CS got back to me, but I'm just going to wait 'til tomorrow, and try again. Nite all.
  • @Brighternow, Lowlife, Nereffid and others. Do you ever feel that most of your friends have gone to this really good party, but you haven't been invited? We're missing out on good free music here, I keep wondering if there is anyway around it, by pretending I live in the USA, but it doesn't work. Going back to my party analogy, I've tried to gatecrash but they still won't let me in!!
  • Greg, maybe if you throw in some Americanisms, talk about baseball, the elections, Honey Boo Boo, etc. Alternatively you could emigrate to Australia (or get transported!)

Meanwhile, I tried one this morning, no fix yet. Thanks, danmar
  • talk about baseball
    And football! (The rugged kind, not the associational kind.)
    Meanwhile, I tried one this morning, no fix yet
    It worked for me: enjoying Who stole the Hot Sauce?
  • edited October 2012
    Do you ever feel that most of your friends have gone to this really good party, but you haven't been invited?
    - Yup ! - I cry myself to sleep every night . . .
    ;-)
  • For what it's worth, I'm using IE and have had no issues downloading every day for the past couple weeks. Getting lots of music with 8 downloads a day - it's really adding up!

Have you tried clearing your cache? (joking, joking...isn't that the standard emusic advice?)
  • I'm using FireFox and had no issues downloading last night... about 10-12 hours ago. Downloaded two albums.

@bremble Thanks for mentioning L'Histoire de Melody Nelson by Serge Gainsbourg. An artist and album I was totally unaware of (that cat has a serious amounts of output). Anyway, I really liked what I heard and that was one of the albums I downloaded last night. Thanks again. I listed to a couple other random tracks from other random albums of his but nothing quite piqued my interested. Are there any other particular albums in his catalog you might suggest I give a listen to.
  • edited October 2012
    Luddite: did you check out L'Homme
  • Okay dddmar, will give it another shot. CS got back to me as well and said they are looking into the issues and gave me some credits.

Hmm, just tried it and now the songs are downloading as mp3.html's which seems like a whole new problem. I'm using Safari 6.0 on a Mac, running Lion.
  • edited October 2012
    Lost another 2 downloads this morning, one on Firefox - same lack of response as yesterday, and one on Safari where it only downloaded a 4KB nametag in essence, no MP3 file. Getting annoying.
  • edited October 2012
    Heard from CS -
    We are migrating some tracks and ingesting new content which is why you would notice the below.

We will be in contact on Monday and will let you know once it has been resolved.
    So I think I'll just bank the credits for a few days and see how it shakes out.
    Maybe I'll go listen to that old chestnut, The Site Redesign Blues. Everyone knows the words, right?
  • edited October 2012
    I've been waitin' for an album, download manager takes so long,
    I've been waitin' for an album, download manager takes so long,
    DL manager crashes, now I'm down and out

Since my Yancey left me, Nobody knows who I am,
    Since my Yancey left me, Nobody knows who I am,
    Cathy brought her lovin', left me cold instead
  • I have a problem. I spent at least an hour last night with reboots and cache clears. I got my 8 downloads, but I could have got the same 8 for $7.49 or so at amazon. The minimum wage in New York is $7.25. I have a problem.

By the way ddanmar, belated congratulations! It's the beginning of a great adventure!
  • Weird. I haven' any issues at all.

Craig
  • Bummer, still completely messed up here. Wonder what Craig's doing right?
  • I haven't had issues, either. Sure, it took me a couple of days to realize that the ad block was stopping me from participating, but since then I've gotten my free credits and immediately downloaded tracks.

My "problem" is that from my previous purchses and first wave of Guvera dl's I have most of the Blue Note selections available at Guvera.
  • I'm downloading from Firefox on a Mac running Snow Leopard if that helps anyone.

Craig
  • I can't say for sure whether my problem is from Guvera, or it's just my computer's old, and maybe sick. But my real problem is how much time and effort I'm willing to expend to get so called "free" music.

Sooner later somebody will come up with a way to harness music addicts - like each download you have to do ten minutes of data entry or something. Guvera's close, but they don't account for the fact that the only adds that are likely to influence me are adds for music...
  • Froggy's method was the best: pick an artist and label and stick with it. It helps not to think too much, and at the beginning of this giveaway I discovered lots of depth in the ECM catalog. I'm back to roaming, but I'm not trying to game long vs. short tracks, which helps out some.
  • edited October 2012
    Just as Craig is I'm using Firefox on a Mac with Snow Leopard but for some reason Guvera stopped working for me two days ago, and that includes an album I had downloaded tracks from the day before that. I dunno.
    Edit - Rats - just lost another one. Gave Guvera an exemption to Pop-Up Blocker - didn't help, still nada.
  • If it means anything, I'm using Opera: just a few slowdowns, no failed downloads.
  • Tried other browsers, no go. Sent them a query, till then I surrender.
  • Switching browsers didn't help me either.