Bandcamp Goodies

Comments

• edited September 2020
    Jon said:

Anyway, when a person clicks on a release from your collection and then proceeds to purchase that release, they give 'credit' to you for leading that person to discovering and purchasing it.
    So, it seems that "that person" actually has to be someone that subscribes to your feed for
    Bandcamp to be able to make the link between the two of you. Otherwise, just anybody that
    buys something that anyone else has (even if not a subscriber) would always get messages
    from Bandcamp thanking them.
  • rostasi said:

So, it seems that "that person" actually has to be someone that subscribes to your feed for
    Bandcamp to be able to make the link between the two of you. Otherwise, just anybody that
    buys something that anyone else has (even if not a subscriber) would always get messages
    from Bandcamp thanking them.
    That's what I was trying to say earlier. I've only ever had one of these emails and it came as a bit of a surprise.
  • edited September 2020
    I fairly regularly discover things by looking at the libraries of other users. It's a nice feature. I even more often discover things from the emails telling me what the people I follow bought this week.
  • I think these come from emails of recent purchases by people who they've connected you to, in whatever way. That happened recently when somebody here picked up some of the Sahel Sounds stuff I bought. I look forward to those emails, frequently find stuff of interest
  • I didn't even know that these kind of emails existed,
    so I made some changes under something called "fan."
    Also, I discovered something called "feed" that does kinda
    the same thing, so that's interesting. Thanks for the info.
  • OK, it's becoming clearer now.
    After checking some boxes in my "feed" settings,
    I just got an email showing a bunch of stuff that the
    people I'm following have bought, soooo...., I'm guessing
    that if someone has me on their "feed" settings, they see what I bought
    and, if interested, they click and buy, then maybe that's what triggers the
    thank you email that comes later. Technology and its tentacles. 
  • Old-school eMusic guy and now new-school Bandcamp guy J. Edward Keyes is selling a serialized novel he released way back when.  100% of the profits with go toward Black Lives Matter and the National Network of Abortion Funds.

This guy has never been on this site, but I've been following his Twitter feed for nearly ten years, and, seriously, his love of the entire expanse of music and enjoyment at the simple joy of going out to see a show is the kind of thing that makes that guy a bird-of-a-feather eMuser.

• edited October 2020
    This guy has never been on this site

I remember him from wayback on emusic - do invite him to join us jonahpwll if you have a contact with him

• Harpist Mary Lattimore and guitarist Neil Halstead (Mojave 3, Slowdive) have an album coming out in October.  Pre-order is up now:

• edited January 2021

ETA: Both deleted from Bandcamp.
  • edited November 2020
    ^^ Those two are no longer there . . . probably because of copyright issuses.
    Unexplained Sounds Group is a platform run by Sonologyst (Raffaele Pezzella) to investigate the experimental worldwide music scene.

Podcasts:
    therecognitiontest.bandcamp.com

Sonologyst: sonologyst.bandcamp.com

released November 6, 2020
  • edited December 2020
    Fairly new label on Bandcamp:
    John Luther Adams, Nicolas Chase, Michael Byron etc . . .
  • Fairly new on Bandcamp:

• edited January 2021
    Posted elsewhere:

Nouvelles Lectures Cosmopolites - Le Langage Des Autres
    unreleased cassette, originally recorded in Spring 1996 at Studio Cézanne - released on CD-R in 1998
    This is the transition between the kind appearing on "Le Lieu Noir" (and it's the sixth part of the saga) and the one which appears on "Le sang de la licorne".
    - released January 1, 1998
    - Jay !
    **********************************************************************************************
    - More Jay ! . . . NLC now on Bandcamp:
    Julien ASH : music, electronics, devices, percussions.
    Angustère : analogic synth
    P. Bur : keyboards
    NLC started in July 1989 as a duo (Angustère & Julien ASH).
    In December 1990, Angustère left the band.
    After the solo-CD "Incandescent", NLC started again, but had become ASH's solo project. After the split, ASH's compositions became more melodic.The CD "Allegro Vivace" started the Neo-Classical period of NLC, which may not be finished today...

• A Korm Plastic sublabel for minimalism noise run by Frans de Waard when he worked at staalplaat.

Released yesterday.

• Matière Mémoire presents the MMXX Series.
    In anticipation of the year 2020, Matière Mémoire asked 20 great artists to create an original 20 minutes piece and an artwork.
    Throughout this year, each quarter will see the release of 5 new vinyls, available individually or as a bundle.
    Participate in this series :
    Franck Vigroux
    John Duncan
    Phill Niblock
    Jim O’Rourke
    Reinier Van Houdt
    Stephen O’Malley
    CM Von Hausswolff
    Hampus Lindwall
    Oren Ambarchi
    Kevin Drumm
    Bérangère Maximin
    Kassel Jaeger
    Daniel Menche
    Charlemagne Palestine
    Giueseppe Ielasi
    Carlos Casas
    Susanna Santos Silva
    Joachim Nordwall
    Karbé Dinel
    Mauro Lanza
  • Added to Bandcamp in april 2020:
    - Pop Group, Throbbing Gristle, A Certain Ratio, Caberet Voltaire  . . . etc.

• NYOP, quiet a good album.
  • edited February 2021
    On Bandcamp since May 1, 2020, except for a few albums added in 2016:

- "Labeled as "The creative label for creative music" ICTUS Records was one of the leading independent music labels in the late 70's. Founded by Carla Lugli, producer and Andrea Centazzo, artistic director, the company focused mainly on improvised music, contemporary music and avant-garde jazz. In 1984, due to increasing financial problems, Ictus ceased to exist.
    Now, exactly after 30 years ICTUS is back in a special new edition including brand new as well old recordings.
    ICTUS Records - Andrea Centazzo Complete Music Archives series is a special endeavor to present a broad selection spanning the 30-plus years of Andrea Centazzo's artistic work.
    Each CD and DVD has a specific and separate character reflecting the cultural influence of the time and the place where the music and the images were composed and recorded: many artistic souls, one artistic vision.
    A vision that is on the edge of established musical and visual trends, a horizon that is Andrea Centazzo's own captivating style.
    I had not been aware of Andrea Centazzo or his music for much of his twenty-five years career, but it only takes a moment to recognize genius when you are fortunate to finally meet it.
    Maestro Centazzo as a musician and as a person is never black and white; rather, he is a kaleidoscope of distinctive colors: bright and bold in presentation; complex, introspective, muted hues in realization. Yet his work is very specific.
    Even in his early improvisation pieces there are no accidents - only occurrences of being wholly present with the music.
    Gifted in communication, Maestro Centazzo speaks many languages, but when he communicates with music, the world's spirits and energies emerge through him. Beauty, pain, nature, fear, love are all presented eloquently, clearly and all completely accessible.
    Maestro Centazzo's success is a result not solely of talent but the fusion resulting from diligent expertise guided by the certainty of skill and the perseverance to overcome any obstacle."

Darrell Larson (director/actor/producer)
    Los Angeles 1999

• edited April 2021

As I was on about some time ago, there's many Bandcamp users (fans) I find inspiration in following.

- So here is a list:
    John Hollenbeck
    Continued:
    Monty Adkins - (Cronica, Audiobulb, Eilian Records)

- And some Emusers (let me know if you don't want it here)
    Makunouchii   (Bento)
    Bump ! . . . in the light of the ongoing BC "fan" debate and with some new additions.
    I thought that maybe it's a good idea to move it to the "Linernotes" or the "Beginners guide" ?
  • DiNDDL26 | DiN MiX Two | Various Artists

Download now available from the Bandcamp store

Curated by DiN label boss Ian Boddy this mix is a two hour deep dive into the vast catalogue of this well respected UK Electronica label. This time Boddy has chosen purely ambient tracks with no percussion or rhythms. Instead we have an amazing 2 hour sonic journey from blissful pastures through other worldly sonic landscapes and experimental tone colours. 

Set as a “name your price” download
  • edited March 2021
    On Bandcamp since May 1, 2020, except for a few albums added in 2016:

- "Labeled as "The creative label for creative music" ICTUS Records was one of the leading independent music labels in the late 70's. Founded by Carla Lugli, producer and Andrea Centazzo, artistic director, the company focused mainly on improvised music, contemporary music and avant-garde jazz. In 1984, due to increasing financial problems, Ictus ceased to exist.
    Now, exactly after 30 years ICTUS is back in a special new edition including brand new as well old recordings.
    ICTUS Records - Andrea Centazzo Complete Music Archives series is a special endeavor to present a broad selection spanning the 30-plus years of Andrea Centazzo's artistic work.
    Each CD and DVD has a specific and separate character reflecting the cultural influence of the time and the place where the music and the images were composed and recorded: many artistic souls, one artistic vision.
    A vision that is on the edge of established musical and visual trends, a horizon that is Andrea Centazzo's own captivating style.
    I had not been aware of Andrea Centazzo or his music for much of his twenty-five years career, but it only takes a moment to recognize genius when you are fortunate to finally meet it.
    Maestro Centazzo as a musician and as a person is never black and white; rather, he is a kaleidoscope of distinctive colors: bright and bold in presentation; complex, introspective, muted hues in realization. Yet his work is very specific.
    Even in his early improvisation pieces there are no accidents - only occurrences of being wholly present with the music.
    Gifted in communication, Maestro Centazzo speaks many languages, but when he communicates with music, the world's spirits and energies emerge through him. Beauty, pain, nature, fear, love are all presented eloquently, clearly and all completely accessible.
    Maestro Centazzo's success is a result not solely of talent but the fusion resulting from diligent expertise guided by the certainty of skill and the perseverance to overcome any obstacle."

Darrell Larson (director/actor/producer)
    Los Angeles 1999

Freshly dropped and most excellent

- Also avaiable on Emusic
  • Added in the beginning of 2021:
  • djhdjh
    edited March 2021
    ^^^ Good Spot!^^^ @Brighternow I'll have a look at filling some gaps in my cd collection. The price is a little on the strong side considering its mainly back catalogue, but even when I used to go to the Recommended Records shop in the late '80s, Seventh releases were not cheap (£25 for doubles I recall).

[Edited as its only some of the prices that are Toppy - if that passes for a joke?]

• Warp has just uploaded a number of the magnificent Seefeel backcatalogue.

• Oh. There is a Prestige Records page on Bandcamp: https://prestigerecords.bandcamp.com/