Cool lastfm badges-charts-graphs

Comments

• edited December 2016
    Nice. I kind of gave up on LastFM a little while back. So much of my listening is CDs, or on devices out of reach of wifi, or in the car, that I got tired of all the workarounds to make them scrobble. Those charts do remind me of the itch.
    ETA I see from my LastFM page, which I have not visited in maybe 6 months, that at least one of my devices must still be scrobbling. This is my year but it is entirely accidental and I think only from my downstairs computer, so maybe a twentieth, if that, of my actual listening. And I have no clue how Malawi Mouse Boys got played 46 times in one day. I think that's an error. 
  • I like the look of that, but I haven't been at Last.fm for 650 days.
    I scrobbled 2 million tunes and then quit.
    Also, my OS is too old for it now, so...
    Maybe I'll update in 2017 and start anew.
  • Nifty, thx for the pointer, Doofy.  I like my "longest streak" at 335 days - something must have gone wrong to have not scrobbled on any day. :)
  •  Here's mine

Top Discovery

59% NewAlbums 
    60%
    New Tracks
    44% New Artists

- Not bad for an old fart like me . . . ;)

But GP is way ahead of me on the Discovery Leaderboard

And my Biggest Day was  Saturday 23 April 2016

There seems to be no end to what you can make statistic calculations of.
  • Love Kirsty McColl, don't know the Billy Bragg thing.
    Ehh, what are we gonna do about Karg, that mountain scrobbler and your arch nemisis?

Bow to Doofy. We are not worthy!

Germanprof, since Doofy's post wafted this thread to the top, I noticed your comment

"the bass sounds like it's Ron Carter". And I was right. I am sure Carter is not the hardest identification in jazz, but I think that is probably the first time I have been able to pick out one of the non-front-man personnel from listening. "

lol, that is a talent I also have, name that tune or name that player. Usually within 1 second of the song. Wish I had the talent to play, but we get what we're given.

Happy Holidays!

• @Katrina, it refers to this song of Billy's covered by Kristy - he wrote a new 3rd verse for the occasion. I re-discovered this year:

This thread also reminded me of few years ago when scrobbles weren't scrobbling, and how that actually mattered to me at the time!

• I used to listen to a lot with Last.fm on...

• New feature at Last.FM - Last Week stats...

• Yeah, they capitalized on the nice last.year thing they introduced before the holidays. I'm hoping they extend that to a rolling window for all the periods they offer for the other views.
  • I just noticed, the date range for the new report is behind the latest running week. I guess it's a fixed time window that needs subsequent batch processing. (http://www.last.fm/user/vkargatis/listening-report/week vs http://www.last.fm/user/vkargatis/library/artists?date_preset=LAST_7_DAYS).

• Today is my tenth anniversary on Last.FM
  • Looks like I won last week

• I'm just glad to be in the top five (of five)....
  • Plong42 said:
    I'm just glad to be in the top five (of five)....

- Me too :)
  •  
    Really ? ;)

This is seriously weird
    - I have no clue what Gammarec is.
  • edited July 2017
    Gammarec

BTW, the guy who invented this term used to bug the crap out of me when I was on Last.FM.
    I was kinda glad to leave when I did.
  • Oh, there was only an album showing up when I searched.
    - Maybe he also invented the Worse Than Justin Beiber tag. . . .
  • edited January 2018
    Well, after almost three years away, I'm giving Last.FM a try again.
    From 2002 to March 1, 2015, I scrobbled 2 million tunes (1 million
    each on "rostasi" and "rostasi2"). I gave up because anything over 1
    wouldn't register - and it was just time. But the new charts/badges
    look like fun and are a nice register of the things you listen to during
    the year, so here I go again - maybe not as voraciously.
  • edited January 2018

Hmmmm ?
  • edited January 2018
    Yeah, I can see that their "compatibility" charts work just as well as they did years ago.
    Incidentally, Dockstader was the last person I played in March '15.
  • edited January 2018

• I have not been on LastFM in quite a while, so who knows what it thinks I like. I got tired of finding workarounds to track all my offline listening. And of it always thinking that my favorite music was a couple of long and not very interesting ambient tracks that I regularly use to fall asleep to.
  • edited January 2018
    I can certainly relate to getting tired of Last.FM's wavering behavior.
    I've noticed lately that there are quite a few apps that make it possible
    to scrobble from various sources. So far, after trying three or four, I'm
    pretty happy with their own scrobbler that sits at the top of each Chrome
    window. The list of nearly 200 sites that it'll scrobble from is pretty overwhelming.
    It's also easy to shut it off temporarily, if you are listening to something
    that you don't want counted.
  • Since I listen on my phone almost exclusively these days, I have settled on EaveScrob for iOS listening. Works great for me. 
  • @rostasi - Very high? John Zorn brings people together once again. 

• Count me also among the "very low" compatibility with rostasi 2.0 - If not for John Zorn and a couple of jazz guys, we'd be as two ships that pass in the night.

I've paid little or no attention to lastfm in the last year or two. Replaced the office computer last year, and just don't want to junk it up with Scrobblers and other such flotsam and jetsam, thus most of my morning listening is no longer getting tracked.
  • edited January 2018

Lastfm is totally stupid now, and I'm sorry I started this topic. But - it was fun back then!

rostasi - I completely distrust Chrome and anything Google.
    Germanprof - agree completely with offline listening. What's the point?
    Doofy - yep, not installing it on new machines.

• I haven't become that jaded yet.
  • rostasi, I see the round-the-clock listening patterns in a few folks, but since you're here, I can ask you personally. Your listening week shows at least some playing during sleeping hours (presumably the lowest levels of that clock) - does this reflect occasional odd hours where you're awake and listening, or do you occasionally just play music while you sleep?

Mine reflects what I'd normally expect of diurnal humans - you can obviously tell my sleeping hours there. :) Anyway, was wondering what explained examples of round-the-clock plays.