Cool lastfm badges-charts-graphs

Comments

• edited May 2014
    norstrand_3month.jpg?randomToRefresh=430

Aha ! - Interesting . . .

norstrand_7day.jpg?randomToRefresh=494
    - My goodness ! - 10 hours per day.
  • Well, I guess it's about I checked out my lastfm account. Hello new friends.
    imalways_overall.jpgimalways_12month.jpg

imalways_3month.jpgimalways_7day.jpg
  • edited May 2014
    @confused, are you confused on last.fm also?

Last 7 days gives a more accurate daily average.

germanprof_7day.jpg

I have not entirely decided whether I like the Brad Mehldau Trio very much, but they have a lot of material to decide with!
  • Germanprof imalways over there.
  • z5VuW6Q.jpgAvYhJUU.jpg

Mine from Normalisr, set to six months, and the fresh Lastimer version.
  • edited May 2014
    My obscurity is dropping:
    badge.php?u=Norstrand&bc=036&tc=fff&hc=ace
  • Mine's up half a per cent. I'll catch you yet!
  • edited May 2014
    I presume that these only reflect what you have played via iTunes or other digital sources?
  • edited May 2014
    Greg,

That's been my problem - it doesn't pick up my CD or vinyl (I know - how to scrobble an LP). I had to re-set everything on my computer and various programs to pick up my plays. It still doesn't pick up everything - I listen to the songs at Windering Sound that jonahpwll embeds - hasn't picked those up. Also had problems with my mobile devise, even though everything is turned on.

That's one reason for the high (?) obsurometer mark - when I'm traveling with others the song list becomes a little less obscure. The other reason is that apparently I listen to a lot of obscure artists - even those I wouldn't consider obscure). But it's a very small sample.

badge.php?u=bremblini&bc=036&tc=fff&hc=ace
  • Yes, the specific imbalance that creates for me is that the music I like best I buy and listen to on CD for best sound quality, so Last.fm underrepresents my favorite and most-played (at least in the evenings) recordings.
  • edited May 2014
    gregcra_overall.jpg?randomToRefresh=329

The above certainly reflects a couple of things - I listen to music quite a lot on CD, and my wife sometimes uses my iPod! I only seem to get the overall figure rather than more recent - I'll try again to get those. But those daily hours seem low!!
  • edited May 2014
    Ignore!!
  • edited May 2014
    norstrand_7day.jpg
    - Hmmm ? - the other one is not updating.

ETA: What ? - I thought I was getting this:
    norstrand_7day.jpg?Ref=123

Something fishy is going on,

ETA: this is spooky ! It changed on my profile page too . . .
    qbez_gold_20.jpg
    Heh ! - and here we have an empty one . . .
  • bn, I think lastimer is working on "continual" updating, but is not there yet, so in general you can expect no updates, but they might succeed in running experimental daily runs. I think I read that's their goal, but it's not "in production" yet.
  • Yeah . . . probably.
    It beats me how it changes the ones I posted upthread too . . .
    norstrand_overall.jpg?Ref=659
    - Well, at least Ben Frost is still on top.
    :-)
  • Bq5kjHhIEAALQnv.jpg

slideshow_1.jpg?913

- Hmmm ? - Not what I thought it would be . . .
  • badge.php?u=Norstrand&bc=036&tc=fff&hc=ace

GP, Go home . . .
    germanprof's musical tastes are more obscure than
    89.7%
    of all other users!

germanprof's overall favorite bands and artists
    are 72.9% obscure on average.
  • edited July 2014
    badge.php?u=bremblini&bc=000&tc=fff&hc=66f

Mine's actually gone up a little. I thought that when I started scrobbling my iPhone and did my podcast it'd come down. Apparently I still listen to some pretty obscure stuff.
  • My "scrobble thing" hasn't recorded anything since nov.25. - is there any suggestions out there of what could be wrong and/or what to do about it ?
    http://www.last.fm/user/Norstrand
    - It sometimes displays what I listen to right now.

- I have tried the universal Emu trick to clear browserdata, that didn't work . . .
  • Of course the other old standby is to restart computer; cures many ills, if you are on a PC.

I think I have had to uninstall/reinstall the Audio Scrobbler a few times in the past.
    Your musical compatibility with Norstrand is VERY LOW
    Music you have in common includes Chicago Underground Duo, Seth Josel, Miles Davis, The Nels Cline Singers and Krzysztof Penderecki.
    :)
  • Thanks Foody,
    It seems that I just needed to mention the problem here
    - It works again.

VERY LOW ? - With these significant artists in common ?
    - They clearly have no clue what they are "talking" about.
  • I listened to that Seth Josel album not long ago - an old Amie Street survivor...
  • The 'VERY LOW' just refers to the numerical amount of overlap of the two libraries.
  • edited December 2014
    badge.php?u=Norstrand&bc=036&tc=fff&hc=ace
    If obscurity is a virtue, I'm really on top of things ...
    Your musical compatibility with rostasi2 is Medium
    Music you have in common includes Luc Ferrari, The Legendary Pink Dots, Jethro Tull, John Cage and Sun Ra.
    - A bit odd, me thinks . . .
  • Lastfm presents you with an option to "Paste Your Taste". Mine says:
    I'm into jazz, rock, piano, fip and blues, including:
    Joe Henderson, Bobby Hutcherson, Woody Shaw, The Beatles, Miles Davis, Duke Ellington, Coleman Hawkins, John Coltrane, McCoy Tyner, Jimmy Smith, Bill Evans, Ahmad Jamal, The Beach Boys, Yusef Lateef, Ornette Coleman, Kenny Burrell, Sahib Shihab, Stevie Wonder, Max Roach, Kenny Barron, Clifford Jordan, Wes Montgomery, Marshall Crenshaw, Cannonball Adderley, Art Farmer, Modern Jazz Quartet, Allen Toussaint, Elvin Jones, Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Herbie Nichols, Lee Morgan, Nick Lowe, Dizzy Gillespie, The Chieftains, Curtis Fuller, Donald Byrd, Paul Simon, Todd Rundgren, The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, XTC, Django Reinhardt, Big Bill Broonzy, Charlie Parker, Kenny Dorham, Hank Mobley, Grant Green, Neil Young, Oscar Peterson, Dexter Gordon.

Check out my music taste: http://www.last.fm/user/Doofy2u

"fip and blues"???
  • edited December 2014
    Where is that option?

I found a surrogate here that gave me this:
    Off the Sky, Thelonious Monk, Alamaailman Vasarat, Duke Ellington, Loscil, Louis Armstrong, Marcin Wasilewski Trio, Nils Frahm, Pjusk, Brokeback, Tetsu Inoue, Bruce Cockburn, Oscar Peterson, John Abercrombie, U2, Charles Lloyd, Over the Rhine, Alva Noto, Muenchener Bach-Chor, Ernst Haefliger, Brad Mehldau Trio, The Gentleman Losers, Oval, The Boats, Tord Gustavsen Trio, Janek Schaefer, The Green Kingdom, Max Richter, Miles Davis, Herbie Nichols, Sunna Gunnlaugs, Wil Bolton, Eberhard Weber, Kimiko Ishizaka, Brian Eno, Ultravox, Porya Hatami, Django Reinhardt & St
  • edited December 2014
    GP - It's next to the Settings link across from the "Top Artists" heading on your page.
    I'm into indie, rock, alternative, hip-hop and electronic, including:
    The Replacements, Migos, The War on Drugs, Parquet Courts, The Pains of Being Pure At Heart, Beyonc
  • edited December 2014
    Ah, thanks:
    I'm into ambient, jazz, electronic, experimental and instrumental, including:
    Off the Sky, Thelonious Monk, Alamaailman Vasarat, Duke Ellington, Loscil, Louis Armstrong, Marcin Wasilewski Trio, Nils Frahm, Pjusk, Brokeback, Tetsu Inoue, Bruce Cockburn, Oscar Peterson, John Abercrombie, U2, Charles Lloyd, Over the Rhine, Alva Noto, Muenchener Bach-Chor, Ernst Haefliger, Brad Mehldau Trio, The Gentleman Losers, Oval, The Boats, Tord Gustavsen Trio, Janek Schaefer, The Green Kingdom, Max Richter, Miles Davis, Herbie Nichols, Sunna Gunnlaugs, Wil Bolton, Eberhard Weber, Kimiko Ishizaka, Brian Eno, Ultravox, Porya Hatami, Django Reinhardt & St