Cool lastfm badges-charts-graphs

Comments

• edited April 2014
    I guess that is what it says.
    - What puzzles me is what goes on in the mind of the creator.

badge.php?u=imalways&bc=fff&tc=000&hc=00fbadge.php?u=brittleblood&bc=fff&tc=000&hc=666
    (Confused)
  • edited April 2014
    Huh, so Plong42 actually spends most of his time on lastFM listening to what, Justin Bieber and Rihanna? Or just Dylan and the Beach Boys? The badges make me curious about what the things are people have to listen to to get a low score. Presumably it's just an algorithm for whether other users played the things you played? So what is not obscure for last FM users?
  • I got like a 69%, and no wonder, just look at all these obscure artists I listen to:

b7dor4.jpg

I mean, Coleman Hawkins, Duke Ellington, who ever heard of 'em.
  • Lol, wow, Ahmad Jamal, way out there on the fringe of obscurely experimental jazz. So much for 2 years in the top ten album charts.
  • I'm guessing it's just based on something close to artist-listeners/all-last-fm-listeners. Not very illuminating. I think my favorite playground item is the age-gender scatter-plot one linked above, that's pretty interesting.
  • This all makes the music nerd (qv.) in me want to join Last.fm just for the graphs. Not sure it fits in my habits though. I do have an account, I think, but have no idea what the username or password would be.
  • I like the basic running stats it provides, gives a convenient picture of one's short-, mid-, and long-term listening.
  • edited April 2014
    I do have an account, I think, but have no idea what the username or password would be
    Me too!!
  • If it makes Germanprof feel better, I only got a 16.5% for overall obscurity, mostly because my top ten are all mainstream (Dylan, Dead, U2, Beatles, Mozart, etc.) I am trying to skew the system at the moment by listening to mid-70s Christian rock.
  • edited April 2014
    Some would probably argue that the less obscurity, the better.
  • @Plong42 ah, the steep and narrow path that leads to life.
  • Greg - Your username is: gregcra

Craig
  • Thanks Craig - I've now found it and my password! I'll have to see what I can produce in terms of tables, graphs etc.
  • edited April 2014
    OK, I retreived an account last used for a day in 2009. I'm Earsmith. We'll see if I get into the habit this time. I've set up chrome to scrobble bandcamp, so that will help. (Imagine what gibberish that last sentence would have been until recently).
  • edited April 2014
    Still ahead of you Gp.
    badge.php?u=Earsmith&bc=036&tc=fff&hc=ace
    chart.cgi?hqEt
  • Since that statistic is based on listening to about 8 songs total, I would not set too much store by it. Anyway, I will never manage to keep up with your Ergo Phizmiz consumption :-)
  • GP - That sentence is still gibberish.

Craig
  • But technologically successful gibberish.
  • True.

Craig
  • edited April 2014
    Since you can only upload digital libraries to new accounts, I'd vote for a new account, Gp, unless there's a reason you don't want your library-listening publicized. I very much enjoy voyeurizing acquaintances' listening habits on last.fm, and would welcome everyone here keeping active scrobbling accounts. Unfortunately I can't force the issue.
  • Since you can only upload digital libraries to new accounts
    I haven't got far enough in to figure out what that would entail...I've just figured out scrobbling. Why would I want to upload my library? Do past playcounts get uploaded?
  • 69.2%. I don't think I've input anything into last.fm for a while, but I can't be sure if something's auto-scribbling somehow.
  • edited April 2014
    haha, lowest score overall!
    badge.php?u=Xatrina&bc=f80&tc=000&hc=f00
  • Yes, Gp, for new accounts, you're given the chance to 'seed' your history with your current digital library file (xml version?). So all your past history (playcounts, dates) in the file goes into their db, and you get immediate stats. That seems to me a much better option than just waking up an old, mostly unused account. Then scrobbling carries it forward.
  • amclark2, you can be sure nothing's scrobbling, because your account notes your last recorded listen is 4 years old.
  • edited April 2014
    My goodness ! I'm being monitored by the Russians:
    chart.cgi?hqEt
    Most disturbing :-)
  • edited April 2014
    @kargatron, OK, decided to delete to two ghost accounts I unearthed, lose all three of my friends and start over. Sorry for the additional friend requests this will occasion.
    Argh, need another username. The trouble with being called Smith is that on any site of any popularity just about every username remotely related to my name is already taken...back to the increasingly inaccurate Germanprof maybe, for lack of imagination.
  • *You're* being monitored by the Russians?

Here's me:

labels=0

Also, lots of Danes. What's with you Danes?

Craig
  • More Russians than Danes, - looks like trouble to me.
  • edited April 2014
    OK, instant 39,000 scrobbles. I'm germanprof now.
    ETA, my real obscurometer score is 89.1%. U2 and Louis Armstrong are clearly bringing the average down.