Cool lastfm badges-charts-graphs

Comments

• GP - What are you using to scrobble from Bandcamp? I'd looked for a way to do that at one time, but didn't find anything that worked for me.

Craig
  • edited April 2014
    Couple of observations on the stats:
    1. Last.fm appears to have the same weakness that a couple of music stats apps I've used have: it works from raw playcount, which means that since I listen to whole albums rather than playlists, Muenchener Bach-Chor, Ernst Haefliger - Bach, Matthew Passion is supposedly one of my favorite albums because it has nearly 80 tracks and I have played it all of three times, whereas ambient artists with albums with one track that I've played 30 times are not my favorite artists. Oval is on my top artists list only for the same reason - lots of short tracks. There should be a way of calculating it with a tracks/album divider.
    2. While it is a nice piece, the main reason The Blue Sunshine by Mosca is my top track is that it helps me fall asleep.
    3. Marcin Wasilewski Trio should be way higher but I nearly always listen to them on CD.
  • Yes, it's a major drag that last.fm doesn't incorporate track length. A site called normalisr mitigated that with artist-average-track-length weighting, which was better than nothing, but that site's been mysteriously defunct for a while, though its engine producing my summary gif still updates every day. Odd and unfortunate.

cafreema, using Chrome, I use scroblr. Lightweight and works.
  • Dang, I usually use Firefox. May need to change.

Craig
  • Ohhhh, that's one to try. It gets Soundcloud too.

Craig
  • 2ldftaf.png
    Woohoo! Erm, wait...
  • edited April 2014
    [align=center]image.php?user=Norstrand&nb=50&type=12month&color=deeppink&layout=TwoCols&blackbg=on[/align]
    [align=center]http://lastfmlogos.info/

- A bit over the top, if I may say so . . .
    :-)
  • Heh, that one's kinda fun, bn, though, yes, particularly indulgent. :)
  • [align=center]image.php?user=doofy2u&nb=50&type=overall&color=darkturquoise&layout=TwoCols&blackbg=[/align]
    I like it
  • edited April 2014
    [align=center]image.php?user=germanprof&nb=50&type=overall&color=lime&layout=TwoCols&blackbg=on[/align]

One puzzling thing: my most listened-to artist does not show.
    ETA, if I reduce it to generating 5 names, it includes the artists that re #2, 5, 6, 7 and 8 on my overall play count list. What is it actually trying to show?
  • edited April 2014
    My goodness ! how did you get them that long ?,
    BTW:
    Your musical compatibility with germanprof is Super
  • Your musical compatibility with Norstrand is SUPER
    - I get caps, does that mean your compatibility is even more super?
  • Your musical compatibility with germanprof is VERY LOW
    Your musical compatibility with Norstrand is VERY LOW
    On the other hand:
    Your musical compatibility with indieb0i is SUPER

Craig
  • Just shows you don't actually have to agree about/listen to the same music in order to share music.
  • hmm, you learn sad things on Last.fm. Like that Wil Bolton's amazingly excellent Chimes for a Wall Drawing only had two listeners in the last several months.
  • edited May 2014
    I've noticed one nice effect of using last.fm. I've realized over time that my system of smart playlists to rotate unplayed and not recently played music combined with my slightly obsessive streak and my interest in wide exploration tends to have me spending a lot more time listening to new stuff or stuff I may or may not like deeply in order to keep it rotating than to the stuff I have rated five stars, with the result that some of my allegedly favorite albums get played less frequently. Those last.fm charts have me noticing favorite artists who I think should be higher and taking them out for a spin. (Of course another reason some of them should be a lot higher is that only my relatively recent listening history is in iTunes - I resisted using it until a few years ago)
  • edited May 2014
    Since normalisr's been down for quite a while (though updating their pre-established rank-images), someone's developed a sequel that purportedly uses actual times. Seem to work pretty well.

http://www.lastimer.com/

vkargatis_overall.jpg

(Tim Berne clearly dominates, combining #3 and #18.)
  • edited May 2014
    norstrand_overall.jpg
    - Cool . . .

BTW, There's no record from before the beginning of 2012, when i got a new pc and installed a new Winamp.
  • edited May 2014
    germanprof_overall.jpg

Nice. That changes my top chart quite a bit. Like BN, this is only my recent listening - before I got an iPod touch a few years ago I didn't use iTunes, which is where this data is from.
    The effect on ambient artists is as expected marked - Wil Bolton jumps from #34 to #16, for instance.
    And Mosca, who have an hour long track I use to fall asleep to sometimes, go from #324 to #2!!!!
  • cafreema_overall.jpg?randomToRefresh=935

My charts don't change all that much other than Fela Kuti rising substantially. Otherwise it's just The Replacements dropping 10 or so spots and other bands reordering slightly.

Craig
  • @Craig, I expected more hip hop.
  • @GP: How the f*** do you listen to 381 hours of music per day?
  • Good question, that would require 16 mediaplayers running simultaneously 24-7.

Maybe Gp is into mash-ups ?
  • GP - My hip hop listening is more spread out among a whole bunch of artists. I bet if I were to track artists moving towards the Top 20, though, hip hop artists would be making the bigger moves. I hardly ever listen to a few of the bands in that Top 20 anymore.

Craig
  • @BT, I am really efficient with my time. Of course starting a new last.fm account and uploading 39,500 plays that all get recorded as having been scrobbled on the same days helps a lot with the averages.
  • Craig, you can change your time window: 12m, 6m, etc.
  • doofy2u_overall.jpg

That's about right - more or less in line with my play counts, except for the handful of pop artists (esp The Beatles) who get dropped out.

13 hr/day listening time is quite plausible!
  • cafreema_12month.jpg?randomToRefresh=704

Interesting. Daft Punk at the top? I never would have guessed that.

cafreema_6month.jpg?randomToRefresh=448

More hip hop here, but maybe I spread out my hip hop listening than even I realize.

Craig