Cool lastfm badges-charts-graphs

Comments

• edited June 2011
    ?user=cafreema&period=12month

I don't buy it. It only looks at your top 50 artists and in the last 12 months I think the only no vocals that is in my top 50 is Burial. So while it is possible that 12+% of what I listen to has no vocals, I don't think it is in the top 50.

Craig
  • You call that singing? Those are vocals? It's more of a value judgment than an objective chart. It's one of my co-workers who controls that (she hates almost everything I play at work, and I try to tone it down).
  • edited June 2011
    ?user=Dr_Mutex&period=12month

Hmmm. I don't think anywhere near 30% of what I listen to is instrumental. Maybe if something isn't tagged as a male or female vocal it counts as instrumental?
  • OK, I've found one issue: It appears the cats are playing my music library. I shouldn't be surprised, they turn on my wife's table radio and set the alarm. I found a bunch of weird stuff scrobbled in the wee hours Thursday morning. I'm gonna have to make sure I lock the keyboard when I'm not around.
  • ?user=Plong42&period=12month

I would have thought higher female vocals...
  • edited June 2011
    @Dr. Mutex, lol. For the past week we've been sleeping in our basement to let guests have our room; a couple of days ago we were woken in the morning by one of the cats turning on the printer and starting a scan. The lid was down so he did not succeed in scanning himself, unfortunately.
  • Haha. Your cat ordered an expensive hat on eBay, didn't they?
  • [align=center] 12month_thumb.png [/align]

This is new to me....Last twelve months, album cover cloud.
  • Not so good for me...poss partly because I first uploaded less than a year ago.

overall_thumb.png
  • [align=center] 12month_thumb.png [/align]

I also learned that Doofy is as far from my soul mate as one can get!

Craig
  • shoxrocks? Yet another website broken in IE 9. Or should I say by IE9. Anyhoom here's my last 3 months which shows oodles of NPR podcasts I've been catching up on.
    [align=center] 3month_thumb.png [/align]
  • That's cool - I'll have to have a try...
  • edited November 2012
    Watch out people. Make sure your last.fm account is secure, I just had some weird stuff happen when I synced a new ipod. I changed my password to make sure.
  • edited June 2013
    Lastfm has a new "Paste Your Taste" feature, which I have to say sums it up pretty well...
    I'm into jazz, rock, piano, funk and blues, including:
    Gerry Mulligan Quartet, Santana, Oscar Peterson, Johnny Griffin, Jan Garbarek, Jimmy Smith, Sonny Criss, Hank Jones, Jeff Parker Trio, Stefon Harris, David Sanchez, Christian Scott, John Moulder Quintet, Ray Barretto, Capella Hafniensis, Ole Kongsted (cond), Thelonious Monk, Madeleine Peyroux, Art Blakey and The Afro-Drum Ensemble, Pat Metheny, Jackie McLean, Cuong Vu, Donald Byrd, Jimmy McGriff, Lee Konitz, Jan Garbarek / Ustad Fateh Ali Khan, Woody Shaw, Ginger Baker Trio, Clifford Brown All Stars, Dave Edmunds, Joe Zawinul & The Zawinul Syndicate, Lee Konitz w/ Miles Davis, Stan Getz, Bill Frisell, Magazine, The Chi-Lites, Beat Rodeo, Rudresh Mahanthappa, Miles Davis w/ Sonny Rollins, Anthony Davis and the Perspectives Ensemble, Björk, Calexico, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, Blondie, The Tubes, Bill Withers, The Specials, Paul Westerberg, Nick Lowe, Loudon Wainwright III, Gipsy Kings, Siouxsie and the Banshees.

Check out my music taste: http://www.last.fm/user/Doofy2u
  • edited June 2013
    The last.fm playground timeline function is fun to play with. My cumulative timeline shows a pretty steady listening rate over many years, with a (unintended scrobbling) break when I moved to Ottawa and for some reason just didn't reconnect my iTunes to last.fm for a year and a half (2006-7), and another shorter break in my move from Ottawa to Atlanta in 2009.
  • Also in playground is the fun gender/age plot. Picking some users here at random:

plot?period=overall&users=vkargatis+Doofy2u+Xatrina+cafreema
  • Interesting in the above plot is the implication of how hip "youngsters" are these days. The availability of a wide spectrum of music at one's fingertips introduces lots of music at much younger ages than it used to. From this interesting piece on social network age demographics, I can see that last.fm users don't really swing young relative to me (age 45), yet the average listener age to my favorite artists is 16 years younger than I. Granted, perhaps my faves haven't changed much since that age, but still, it's funny to see my neighbor list full of people in their early 20s and such.
  • edited January 2014
    Hey ! - I got one of them ones:
    i.php?i=Norstrand-_-3month-_-red-_-

- Cool . . .
  • Got one of them ones too:
    flags_0

- Already 1 visitor, I'm impressed . . .
  • edited January 2014
    beginning to get the hang of it . . .
    upper_thumb.png
  • edited January 2014
    Not really using Last.fm much these days, but...

upper_thumb.png
  • edited January 2014
    More coolness:
    emusers_sidepanelpics2.png
    - Could also have used this one.
    emusers_sidepanelpics3.png
  • i.php?i=doofy2u-_-12month-_-red-_-

Yep, that about sums up my year of jazz box sets...
  • edited March 2014
    Another one of those . . .
    8?ignore_items=

- Hmmmm ?
  • @BN - That one is cool. Where'd you find it?
  • edited March 2014
    On someone else's page
    http://lastfm.asmisha.net/

ETA: but it seems to be a bit on and off . . .
    5?ignore_items=
    From the same link.
    5?ignore_items=

- Heh !
  • edited April 2014
    badge.php?u=Norstrand&bc=036&tc=fff&hc=ace badge.php?u=Plong42&bc=000&tc=fff&hc=66f
    badge.php?u=vkargatis&bc=f80&tc=000&hc=f00

- More heh !

quickhistogramlog.php?data=users&highlight=a%3A1%3A%7Bi%3A0%3Bs%3A7%3A%220.86846%22%3B%7D&color=00f&highlightcolor=f00&background=fff&gridlines=ccc&domain_low=0&domain_high=1&xaxis=Obscurity&yaxis=Users&sigma=3&default_scale=linear&width=728px&height=150px&scale=linear
    quickhistogramlog.php?data=artists&highlight=a%3A10%3A%7Bi%3A0%3Bs%3A8%3A%220.985091%22%3Bi%3A1%3Bs%3A7%3A%220.96959%22%3Bi%3A2%3Bs%3A8%3A%220.912381%22%3Bi%3A3%3Bs%3A8%3A%220.685276%22%3Bi%3A4%3Bs%3A8%3A%220.963899%22%3Bi%3A5%3Bs%3A8%3A%220.476755%22%3Bi%3A6%3Bs%3A8%3A%220.904873%22%3Bi%3A7%3Bs%3A7%3A%220.94996%22%3Bi%3A8%3Bs%3A8%3A%220.925409%22%3Bi%3A9%3Bs%3A8%3A%220.171137%22%3B%7D&color=00f&highlightcolor=f00&background=fff&gridlines=ccc&domain_low=0&domain_high=1&xaxis=Obscurity&yaxis=Artists&sigma=3&default_scale=log&width=728px&height=150px&scale=log
  • You mean that there are 9 in every 1000 people that have more obscure musical tastes than you do, BN?!