Cool lastfm badges-charts-graphs

Comments

• Wow...Sorry I brought this up, I feel positively mainstream! I need to work John Zorn and Hank Williams into the top 20.
  • elwoodicious, I plugged in your user name and got 777/1000 - I can't understand how you'd get another number. What's the story here?

Fwiw, I don't really understand what the list of 'similar artists' is supposed to mean or imply. It's not clear to me what it's import is.
  • @kargatron, the elwoodicious account on last.fm is the family account for scrobbling (we have a Mac Mini as our television) and drmoxie is my personal one. :-)
  • edited November 2010
    Tied with the other good doctor.
    My super-eclectic score is currently
    865/1000[/align]
    The most similar artists for my profile are
    * Sebadoh (3)
    * Gene Vincent (3)
    * Carl Perkins (3)
    * Madeline MacNeil (3)
    * Eddie Cochran (3)
    * Yo La Tengo (2)
    * Guided by Voices (2)
    * She & Him (2)
    * Pittsburgh Symphony Brass (2)
    * Bill Haley (2)
    * Stray Cats (2)
    * Little Richard (2)
    * Casiotone for the Painfully Alone (2)
    * Robin Petrie (2)
    * Bill Haley and the Comets (2)
    * Tarantella (2)
    * Calexico (2)
    * Howlin' Wolf (2)
    * Maggie Sansone, Bonnie Rideout & Al Petteway (2)
    * Andrew Bird (2)
  • i did this so i could join in all the reindeer games:

897/1000
  • We have a new champeen! I just befriended you.

I see that my best bet at excelling at last.fm is to simply play the most music. I've got 96,192 plays...substantially higher than, say, cafreema or katrina (both in the 50Ks) or even karg (76K) People with real jobs are at a serious disadvantage.

However, I got some listening to do to catch up with Plong: 119,407! Haven't had a chance to check other people, though I would guess elwoodicious and el hombre con la cabeza de una rana would be among the top contenders.
  • I'm only a paltry 118412 plays since 2 Oct 2004 for my DrMoxie account and 31594 plays since 19 Sep 2006 on the elwoodicious family account. :-)
  • Yeah, I just joined at the end of 2009, and because I manually manage my iPod (sorry Katrina!) none of my iPod listens were included in my initial upload. I actually do listen most of the time while at work, unless of course I'm in court, and my total plays have more than doubled since I joined last.fm.

Craig
  • My accurate count (not that it matters much) from iTunes, dating from Nov 2003, is ~122k. I didn't scrobble to last.fm for some chunk of time, can't remember why. Probably a better estimate of how much listening people are doing is to check their weekly snapshots. My total weekly plays are generally in the 400-500 range. Plong42's can get up to 1000, it appears.
  • >Plong42's can get up to 1000, it appears.

Wow, never looked at the weekly charts before. I notice that the two 1000+ weeks are right before a new semester (extra listening time), and that there were alot of Johnny Cash and Jimmy Rodgers (all >3 minutes!). An additional factor is the inconsistent scrobble of my iPod. Sometimes it urps up three or four tracks, then over 1000.

My daily average is still 87 tracks a day (435 a week), which sounds about right. Seven and a half hours of music at 5 minutes average per track.
  • Black

Thus proving once again that computers are pretty dumb...

• Red

It also says I'm an "Untrue Listener". What the hell does that mean?

Craig
  • Wow, lame:

Green

I used to be in the 400-500 tracks per week range, but lately I've been mixing my time at work between Babylon 5 on Netflix and meetings. Still, it's surprising that my listening for the past few months has been below 300 per week rather consistently. I guess that's why it took me so long to reach 80k. Time to step things up.

At one point one of my friends and I were on a race to like 30k. I beat him soundly all the way up to maybe 70k. Now he's over 3000 tracks beyond me. Of course my stats are also not that impressive looking because I've been a member since early '05. But I rarely listened to music on my computer for the first 2 or 3 years.
  • I'm guessing that ~hughes script just averages total tracks/total time, which is not very interesting, unless you've been a consistent scrobbler for a long period.

I'd love to see a tag/user joint browsing function (see a user's lib with a tag filter) - kinda surprised that doesn't exist. If anyone ever comes across one, yell.
  • @doofy - you must listen to alot of those special effects albums....
  • Well, of course I do listen to the Swamp Gas Gang a good bit.

Yes, the Ghost Farts are on Amazon! Absolutely funniest thing:
    CD-R Note: This product is manufactured on demand when ordered from Amazon.com.

Erm, yeah, could happen!

Of course the way I get my 46K weekly tracks is that guy's algorithm assumes that all my listens are within the last couple weeks, since I signed up at last.fm...
  • I just found this one, it's awesome. It tracks who views your page and shows it in flag graph form!

labels=0

Here's the link:

Flag Counter

Craig
  • Craig, I don't get it. Is that flag counter supposed to link back to lastfm? It doesn't look like it does. What am I missing?
  • edited December 2010
    Thought I'd mention, first time here looking at the normalisr.com time charts on a Mac, and they have WAY cooler backgrounds than they do on a Win PC.
    On the Mac, it looks like it's a transparent image of the top artist. On PC, it's boring Excel background gray.
  • It does link back. My counter doubled in U.S. visitors overnight.

Craig
  • Cafreema, those Australian visits must be me. Unless its unique visitors, then its me and someone else. ;-)
  • NankerP - You are not alone, as it is unique. It says my page has been viewed something like 158 total times since Thursday. A fair number of those are likely me, though.

Sometimes I think I should subscribe just so I can see who views my page. Just today in fact I got to Porieux's page through one of you fine folks, and wham...he hit me with a friend request because he saw I'd been there. I don't listen to music through last.fm, though, so the major benefit wouldn't apply to me.

Craig
  • Last.FM has a page which will filter the top 1000 artists of the year by genre. This link goes to Jazz, which is a sad reflection on the last.fm Jazz community. Still, the tag-filter is a great idea to create your own year-end top ten. You can change the genre in the url manually, so potentially you could generate a top ten from a less popular genre.

Shockingly, nothing tagged klezmer made the top 1000.
  • Heh, check the 'experimental' tag for more poor reflecting. I do wish they'd enable browsing an individual's library by tag, I'll never not be surprised you can't do that.
  • This link goes to Jazz, which is a sad reflection on the last.fm Jazz community.

It gets worse! I now see that these are limited to the top 1000, so they don't go very deep...
  • Haven't seem many of these recently - top ten albums int he last 90 days:

Plong42's top albums (3 months)
    1. [artist]The Decemberists[/artist] - [album artist=The Decemberists]The King Is Dead[/album] (280)
    [align=center]4d39c8c778568.jpg[/align] spacer.gif
    2. [artist]Bright Eyes[/artist] - [album artist=Bright Eyes]The People's Key[/album] (152)
    [align=center]4d11f082289ca.jpg[/align] spacer.gif
    3. [artist]Dufay Collective[/artist] - [album artist=Dufay Collective]Cancionero[/album] (75)
    [align=center]4d5af17f6fa4d.jpg[/align] spacer.gif
    4. [artist]Abigail Washburn[/artist] - [album artist=Abigail Washburn]City Of Refuge[/album] (73)
    [align=center]4d5af194bd4e5.jpg[/align] spacer.gif
    5. [artist]Bright Eyes[/artist] - [album artist=Bright Eyes]Four Winds (EP)[/album] (72)
    6. [artist]Claude Debussy[/artist] - [album artist=Claude Debussy]DEBUSSY: Piano Music (Complete), Vol. 4[/album] (70)
    7. [artist]She & Him[/artist] - [album artist=She & Him]Volume Two[/album] (66)
    [align=center]4b8ab9fe198c4.jpg[/align] spacer.gif
    8. [artist]Gregg Allman[/artist] - [album artist=Gregg Allman]Low Country Blues[/album] (66)
    [align=center]4d28aaa63a633.jpg[/align] spacer.gif
    9. [artist]Neil Young[/artist] - [album artist=Neil Young]Rust Never Sleeps[/album] (60)
    [align=center]4bf8428ba2bb9.jpg[/align] spacer.gif
    10. [artist]I Ciarlatani[/artist] - [album artist=I Ciarlatani]ALFONSO X: Cantiga No. 109 / BERNGER VON HORHEIM: Nu enbeiz ich doch des trankes nie / VAQUEIRAS, R.: Kalenda maya (Codex Manesse) (I Ciarlatani)[/album] (60)
    [align=right] Top albums generator see_more_arrow_blue_13x13_2.png[/align]
  • edited February 2011
    Plong42, that's kinda a hard list to read. Here are links to the top albums for the last 3 months:

vkargatis
    Plong42

Others can play:

http://www.last.fm/user/YOUR-ID-HERE/charts?rangetype=3month&subtype=albums
  • edited June 2011
    This was brought to my attention over at musicgourmets:

?user=Xatrina&period=12month

I thought I listened to mostly female vocalists, but I guess not. If I am to believe this widget.