Cool lastfm badges-charts-graphs

Comments

• I haven't decided whether to go back to Last.FM.
    I heard a whiff of the possibility that they may just
    become a streaming site without the *keeping score*
    parts they have now. I've hit their maximum (why?)
    of 1 million plays twice already (rostasi and rostasi2)
    and so I'm a bit in limbo about them. We'll see...
  • I am impressed at the top artists for rostasi2.  
  • LOL, had to look.
  • edited July 2015

[/img]image
  • edited July 2015

And mine: 3 months and 7 days:
    BannerBanner
  • This ^ is my favorite, so far. Hadn't looked at last,fm for a while - a few I was using on my profile no longer exist, or have been moved somewhere.

• well, thanks for the friend request,
    but, like I said, Last.fm is unusable
    under my current circumstances
    'cause they have a maximum of 
    1 million (you can go a few over - 
    maybe a couple dozen extra tracks,
    but then it just goes back to one million
    a little while later). I've done this twice
    already and've kinda lost interest after 
    a dozen or so years of doing it, so... 
  • no chance for a rosati3, then!

• edited August 2015
  • Welp.  The new last.fm layout is here.  Hopefully they add functionality for the fun graphs and things.

Craig
  • Eh.  Not much to love or hate there.  I tend to be most interested in artists played in the last week/month, and to the extent that info is less easy to find, I like it less.
  • edited August 2015
    It seems pretty much useless, and I'm not the only one:

There's a petition site:
  • - And it can't even spell The Legendary Pink Dots.

It goes like this
    :-)
  • Ugh. Can't find anything. And I basically hate it when sites increasingly want to foreground making making me be interested in what most other people are listening to. It's so rare that I am.
  • And it appears to have broken SmartPlayer, the app I use to scrobble from iPod touch. It will no longer log in to Last.fm.
  • All the non-last.fm official apps I use are broken (cloudscrobbler, mediamonkey, chrome addons, etc.)  Swindleee indeed. 
  • I must say how sad it was to log in and see that I'd lost all my friends. Apparently, were all followers now......

• Many many people were seeing scrobbling fully seize up with a "cached" status for nearly a week, but it seems to have finally been fixed. I noticed a bunch of new scrobbles on my profile just today. So, yay. (Even though I still dislike the redesign.)
  • Oh good.  That was starting to worry me.

Craig
  • edited August 2015
    The coverart jpeg database seems to be wiped out and it is no longer possible to see if any of my friends are aquainted with the artists I listen to. Two of the most important features, AFAIC.

- And according to the schrobbler, I have listened to no albums but plenty of tracks. That is ofcourse not true:

That leaves next to nothing to go for at last.fm anymore.
  • I was just going to whinge about the scrobbles the other day when they finally went through.

Unpleasantly surprised, from the next room, to hear a video ad start up, with volume turned up high, in Spanish (targeted to my Latin listening, I assume)
  • I have finally been able to scrobble both my mobile devices, I previously deleted my cache and the last.fm client started working correctly again. 
  • Just dropped back into Last.fm for the first time in a couple of thousand scrobbles. After various recent big box set finds I am finding the charts kind of annoying again. Got a huge Django Reinhardt collection recently, have listened to it once, about half of it twice, and it's already one of my top 5 all time albums, which is bunk. At this rate all my lists are soon going to be dominated by early-ish jazz musicians just because they have huge cheap sets available. This data would be so much more interesting if there was a way of dividing plays by album track count. Though I guess that would presuppose a world still interested in albums...
  • Posting this picture got me re-tweeted by Orrin Evans, which is about as much as I ever expect to get out of either Last.fm or Twitter

• Amused to see this recent shout from @kargatron on my (rarely-visited, of late) last.fm page:

vkargatis

25 Jun 10:12pm

Doofy, I'm convinced that you would find, after non-negligible effort of course, deep satisfaction in retagging your box sets with their original album constituents (and related sessions). :)

Karg, you're not wrong, but it's that 'non-negligible effort' bit that slows me down. Of course that hasn't stopped me from tagging them with correct dates and, often, personnel.

I am Doofy2u over there...

• I have not yet built a system for getting personnel into tags, but I do tend to retag boxed sets with original album titles, track lists, dates, and artwork.
  • I sometimes do, but as Karg has noticed, I have fallen down on the job. I simply put personnel into comments...great for making jazz lists.
  • Last night was a small milestone in my jazz listening. We had some music playing, a piano trio, and I did not know the personnel but turned to my wife and said "the bass sounds like it's Ron Carter". And I was right. I am sure Carter is not the hardest identification in jazz, but I think that is probably the first time I have been able to pick out one of the non-front-man personnel from listening.
  • As ever, box sets are your favorite album at last.fm. Still, kind of diverting:

Doofy2u’s year in music

I narrowly beat out Karg for most scrobbles. That day with the 300+ scrobbles, I think I left my Shuffle playing all night. I did in fact become infatuated with that Kirsty McColl/Billy Bragg song!