Cool lastfm badges-charts-graphs

Comments

• Here is a pretty cool toy for Last.FM uses. Explr will scan your Last.FM artists and plot the on a world map. A bit slow if you have a large library, but fun to see what parts of the world you have yet to explore musically.

• wellllllp, if I get a computer that will run it, I will try it!
    Most of the links posted here are broken, like the mouse on my laptop.
    Totally not looking forward to a new PC/laptop. So many hours of drudgery, getting everything shifted over.
    I'd rather cruise around town in a Caddy or Lincoln, truth be told. Cuz I'm old.
    So not enamored of IT anymore.

Thanks for posting, Plong42

• If you have a large number of scrobbles, it takes *forever*. It reset on me several times so I gave up.
  • I did that generator thingy
    and nothing shows up in
    either Chrome or Safari.
    Anyone else?
  • edited July 2019
    rostasi said:
    I did that generator thingy
    and nothing shows up in
    either Chrome or Safari.
    Anyone else?
    - I tried your name in crome, nothing. My name and @confused 's worked fine. (a bit strange)
    Your name In Firefox: album 12 months

Me: albums, 12 months

@confused albums, 12 months:

• edited July 2019
    Me, albums, 7 days:
    Chart
    Christopher Cerrone obviously, what else could it be :)
  • I'm gonna be a party pooper and gripe about a "last.fm tool" that doesn't add anything not easily seen in one's last.fm profile page. :-P
  • Well, iTunes is going to the grave and that's what I used for scrobbling -it was fun for a while
  • edited October 2019
    Well, speaking of fun, I keep getting reminders to upgrade my lastfm and as I recall, the 
    last time I upgraded something went wonky. Anyone having any issues?
  • I have 3.1.29, which looks like the most recent version acc/to the Last.fm download page.  Maybe you have what they call their "legacy" scrobbler?
  • A legacy scrobbler sounds like an academic colleague who determinedly misinterprets your work after you die.
  • A legacy scrobbler sounds like an academic colleague who determinedly misinterprets your work after you die.
    I know more than a few of those guys...
  • edited October 2019
    Thanks, everything updated & seemingly working fine.
  • Got my 2019 yearly totals from Last.FM:

• rostasi: "Biggest Day - 15,794 tracks" - I'm not sure I ever understand what the "big scrobblers" (i.e. those that listen to an "impossible" amount of music) are doing to yield such scrobbling numbers. What's up with that day, for instance?
  • Yeah, I’m not sure about all that. Sometimes, I forget to open the scrobbler window thingy on the desktop and when I do, it shows me a list of stuff that I’ve listened to since I last opened it and it dumps the whole lot of it when I press a button to say “yes.” ...but that seems pretty excessive.
    The list looks genuinely listened to, so I just have to think it just saved it all up and dumped it all at once that day. Still, “krowseye” listened closer to 300 tunes a day than me - actually more than that - so I think the grand total for the year looks pretty accurate in the end. A run of Ken Nordine who had just died a week earlier may be a clue too.
  • edited February 2020
    Just an FYI. I finally bit the bullet and upgraded to (Mac) Catalina, which includes the new Music app and changes how phones are synced (now through the Finder). For scrobbling, this means that the macbook last.fm scrobbler no longer scrobbles device plays (i.e., stuff you've played on the phone).

Last.fm does have an official iOS scrobbling app, but it's real shit, routinely scrobbling multiple track plays for no reason, and also mysteriously digging up old tracks in history. I consider it unusable at this point.

So I'm trying "Eavescrob" which is actively maintained and fairly well-reviewed. $0.99 atm. It seems to work sanely, so hopefully this will fit the bill. But now one must scrobble in separate ways - from laptop and device separately.

EDIT: There is one annoyance here. After syncing, Eavescrob wants to scrobble any tracks you've played (and already scrobbled) from your mac Music app. So they prescribe the perpetual chore: 
    If you use an separate scrobbler with iTunes on your computer, I recommend you submit your pendings in Eavescrob first, then after syncing, you can delete all redundant pendings in Eavescrob by pressing 'Edit' -> 'Mark All' -> 'Delete'.
    Grr.

Separately, the Music app does seem less nimble with my big library than the latest iTunes - lots of temporary beachballs and few-second-hangs interacting with the interface. It's possible that there's still background Spotlight mapping and backups going on in these early days after upgrade.

• I hit 400k today. I know that is what some of you call a  good weekend...
  • ^^ 466 days in one year . . . I'm impressed ;). . . Any tricks you would want to share ?

• nearly always multiple sources...
  • edited January 2021
    https://www.last.fm/user/vkargatis/listening-report/year for me. I'm trying to get used to the UI update. Not a fan of the "rotating" artist/album/track stats image. I am impressed they crunched all the updates day-of - last year, iirc, they took 10ish days to finish!
  • For some reason, I don't have that rotating thingy that you have.
    I DO like the your 366 day streak -  B) - you can't get better than that!
    I'm already behind on that streak, because I'm transferring stuff from
    one drive to another and I don't want it to be slowed down by having
    other things running, so Last.FM is on hold for me this week.
  • The image I refer to I think (after looking) is only available to subscribers ($3/mo). Basically, though, it spends 10 seconds displaying one of three stats collections, damn annoying.
  • For the last couple of days, this has showed up at the buttom of the screen:

I did not know that I have relation Viacom or what its about.
    Clicking on continue seems to be the only way to make it go away.
  • edited March 2021
    For the last couple of days, this has showed up at the buttom of the screen:

I did not know that I have relation Viacom or what its about.
    Clicking on continue seems to be the only way to make it go away.
    I think this kind of disclaimer is required by the EU now so all the web sites are just doing it everywhere to cover themselves.
  • Mine's strangely uneventful and skewed:
    https://www.last.fm/user/rostasi2/listening-report/year

but a couple of highlights that show the last year of Brighternow on my list: