Guvera

Comments

• Everyone go to Guvera.

Look at the line dividing the dark header and the light middle. You'll see some light letters that are barely visible.

Click on the letters on the right side.

Presto! An opportunity for more credits.

(To get them, you have to link to Facebook, as with the Steaz credits.)
  • edited November 2012
    Not seeing any letters....
    ETA tried another browser, still not seeing anything (tried Chrome + IE)
  • OK, just like Steaz I click to share and get no downloads. I am even unclear how downloads could get posted to my Guvera account by clicking from the facebook page...surely there would need to be a link in Guvera (which I am still not seeing, tried Firefox). Maybe you are seeing the first ghost of something coming. Or are you on a particular page in Guvera?
  • Crap! I don't remember how I linked it the first time.
  • edited November 2012
    Hi all :D

Getting closer to the source of the FB Post issue- one suggestion I wanted to ask someone to try is to remove any Guvera applications from Facebook under settings -> pricacy -> apps and remove ANY Guvera apps.

Once this is done, go back to Guvera.com (make sure you are logged out) and try to log in with Facebook.

If this actually fixes the problem (fantastic) we can make some changes on our side, but to those who end up with a new user account, ask me and I can transfer any playlists / credits to the new account.
  • edited November 2012
    I tried deleting all the apps and loggin in with facebook: I got "an error occurred" then my facebook page in the popup window then an error message in the Guvera window saying "login failedAuthentication with Facebook failed Authentication with Facebook failed". Therefore could not get as far as testing ads.
    ETA, tried it a second time and it worked. On to the ads...
    Spoke too soon, the facebook end worked but now the wheels are spinning at the Guvera end and the login is not completing...might be network congestion...page load completed and I have a white page with
    Account Overview
    Help Centre
    Logout

Discover
    My Playlists
    Login
    Search

in text down the left.
    Refresh page...and I'm logged in.
    And Steaz ad shared. Posts to facebook successfully. Zero credits added to account. No error message. Same as before.
    Handing serve back to the monkeys.
    (I think I've shared and deleted that wretched Steaz ad about ten times now)
  • @dddanmar - I tried your suggestions (didn't have any apps in facebook associated or referencing Guvera but I deleted every prior post/message that I had generated for Steaz). Logged out of FB. Logged out of Guvera. logged back into Guvera and then tried the Steaz add (logging back into FB via the Guvera popup that was triggered) and it still threw up the pop-up "You need to Connect to Facebook in order to proceed" message after clicking 'post'. The posts are definitely making it to my FB page.

I also noticed another add for Filtrate eyewear and that is yielding the same experience as Steaz.
  • Tried logging in with Facebook. That worked, but then I got the same "You need to Connect to Facebook in order to proceed" message and no credits, but it is posting to my wall (I just deleted a whole bunch of them). Is there anyway they can make the ads rotate more, because now I can't get to the other ones since I can't get past the initial Steaz and Filtrate ones?
  • Now I can't get any downloads. Clicking on the Steaz link does nothing. Then there's a new link for Filtrate Eyewear, but when I click on that it goes nowhere. Can't get past those ads,
  • Same boat here. Posts to facebook, no credits.
  • >_>.

It's late here - the bigger fix is coming tomorrow afternoon (hopefully).

I was hoping a few of my shortcuts might be able to fix some problems for a few of you in the meantime.

I've just done a very small fix that will allow you to move past having two Facebook ads at once... let me know if this helps get the other redeem ads in the meantime?

I always wonder what it looks like on the outside, but we have some massive things coming up in the next few months that will bring an even bigger boost to the experience. Of course, moving at such a fast speed can always result in edge cases. Keep the patience and great things will come.
  • @dddanmar - Thank you for that fix. It'll help until the ads start working properly.
  • Ah - working for me too. Had to close out browser and re-login. Thanks!
  • edited November 2012
    thom wrote:
    Is there anyway they can make the ads rotate more, because now I can't get to the other ones since I can't get past the initial Steaz and Filtrate ones?
    Click on the Filtrete "Visit our store" tile about 2 or 3 times - not quickly. You have to pause to give it time to "update".
    After the 2nd or 3rd click, the tile should rotate to one of the 8 credits that have been appearing.

Same thing with the tweet tile, it gives a credit and doesn't change until you click it again.
  • edited November 2012
    @BadThoughts
    Look at the line dividing the dark header and the light middle. You'll see some light letters that are barely visible.

Click on the letters on the right side.

I can't find the letters! I see the top dark gray horizontal line. A medium gray line is underneath it. No letters anywhere on it.
  • Katrina: try the Playschool/FB link that I provided below. It might activate the link.
  • I've tried everything to post Steaz and Filtrate (is it because I don't login to Guvera with Facebook?). Argh!
    Big shoutout to Katrina for telling me how to get past my frustration to get the 8 downloads from the other sources.
    I'm trying, I'm trying.
    Thanks Katrina.
  • For all three of the ads, they require a post-to-facebook. For all three, the Guvera site tells me I need to connect my account to facebook for this to work. I cannot find anything in the settings on Guvera to do that, and the ad posts to my FB page anyway. No credits, just the "you need to connect" error box.

Other than that, I am loving the 8 freebies a day, thanks.
  • I think what dddanmar was recommending is that you log into you facebook pages, and then use the log in with facebook option. It would be a different account, but he'd transfer your creds.
  • Oh, I thought about that but hadn't tried that because I had set up my account pre-facebook.
  • @Plong42, I am having the same issue, same error message. dddanmar thinks its connected to us all being early adopters. Still working on a solution.
  • edited November 2012
    God, thank you, GP. "Early adopter." That's the phrase I've been struggling to recall the last couple weeks.

Sorry, totally unrelated to Guvera. I was just so shocked to see those words right there in front of me, on a thread that I almost never look at.

Now if I could only remember for which article I meant to use that term.

Anyways, thanks and bye.
  • Hi all,

Still working on the Facebook post problems from here with GP externally, we are getting closer.

On another note, 'First Aid Kit' can be streamed and downloaded. The content monkeys came in today chattering away excitedly and throwing objects around the room with gusto.

Went and did a spot check just before - every track I've tried from this thread is back to working again.
  • Free music is not free...just realized I'm gonna have to buy a bigger backup drive...:-)
  • I am bummed that Guvera still isn't working for me. That flash upgrade page is depressing.
  • @bremble - you're most welcome.

And a big thanks back to everyone in this thread alerting me to Guvera goodies!

@ BadThoughts
    I must be blind. I do not see this:
    try the Playschool/FB link that I provided below
  • edited November 2012
    Here's five more from MacDonalds (very basic Spanish required)

dddanmar: is there any way to share playlists?
  • Free music is not free...just realized I'm gonna have to buy a bigger backup drive...:-)

We now know whose music collection was used as evidence in Beatles 3000 ("no one had heard anything less than 3 hours long").