What are you listening to right now? (17 Seconds of Cicadas)

Comments

• Fembots

2002              Small Town Murder Scene                 2004             Mucho Cuidado

2005                       The City                                  2006               Calling Out 
  • Chris Duncan is an Oakland, California-based artist who employs time, repetition and accumulation as a basis for experiments in visual and sound-based media. An overriding theme in current works is the use of natural forces, such as the sun, the moon and the ocean as conceptual and compositional prompts for both visual and sonic efforts. He has exhibited and performed nationally and internationally. Outside of his studio practice, Duncan, along with his partner Maria Otero, runs LAND AND SEA—a small press and project space in Oakland. Chris Duncan received his BFA from the California College of Arts and Crafts, his MFA from Stanford University and is represented by Halsey Mckay NY.

• Fela Ransome-Kuti And The Africa '70 With Ginger Baker

1971                                                                Live!
  • Full Circle

Trying to play some of the albums I haven't played for a long time, if ever, today
  • So Much to Defend

Lowlife  - you might like this, artist is Chris Wood, very much about life in Britain now (dates from 2017)

• then, in just a slight shift of genre:

Image result for metropolis scenes from a memory
    Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt 2

• Greg, yes that Chris Wood album is really good, I saw him a few years ago at King's Place in London and he was great. Check out his last album, does a brilliant version of Jerusalem
  • ThanksLowlife, will do
  • httpsf4bcbitscomimga1106734021_14jpg
    Brian Eno & John Cale - Wrong Way Up
    released October 5, 1990

With the lovely "Spinning Away" song . . .
  • And there are still 3 Chris Wood albums on eMusic

https://www.emusic.com/artist/rs_151647/Chris-Wood
  • edited July 2019

Stepping Back Jumping In by Laura Jurd
    A scintillating and massively eclectic new release. Can't be much wrong with European label Edition Records' distribution when I can find this on CD in Australia while passing through Sydney on the day of release. Great stuff.

• Mysterium Lunae:
    A Requiem For The Invasion Of The Moon
    released July 20, 2019
  • httpsf4bcbitscomimga1174379608_14jpg
    Big City Orchestra

• Field Music

2005                         Field Music                             2007                Tones Of Town

2010                    Field Music (Measure)                 2012                       Plumb
  • Excellent news from emuser @rolandkuit:

variation on Gymnopédie I Satie with Kyma HMM Pattern Generator with Glitcher and Stereo Reverberation.
    For Karin Schomaker.
    Roland Kuit - Kyma.
  • Fenton Robinson

1974           Somebody Loan Me A Dime                  1984                  Nightflight
  • edited July 2019
    httpsf4bcbitscomimga2683045854_14jpg
    Soft Entrance to Nature's Camino de Luz
    Released September 25, 2008

• From that 'new' Sounds of Liberation LP...Delightful
  •  
    releases August 2, 2019
  • edited July 2019
    Triggered by the current events in British politics . . . ;)

- And whilst we're at it. . .

• Flying Saucer Attack

1994    Flying Saucer Attack (Rural Psychedelia)       1994                       Distance

1994                      Further                                      1996 Flying Saucer Attack / Roy Montgomery
                                                                                         Goodbye / And Goodbye / The Whole Day 

• Flying Saucer Attack

1996               Harmony Of The Spheres                1996            In Search Of Spaces

2000 Flying Saucer Attack/Main/White Winged Moth  2003                   P.A. Blues 
                                   - Mort Aux Vaches
  • Excellent news from emuser @rolandkuit:

variation on Gymnopédie I Satie with Kyma HMM Pattern Generator with Glitcher and Stereo Reverberation.
    For Karin Schomaker.
    Roland Kuit - Kyma.
    Variation on Gnossienne No.1 - Erik Satie with Kyma HMM Pattern Generator with Spectral Feedback and Stereo Reverberation.
    For Karin Schomaker.
    Roland Kuit - Kyma

- This is brilliant !
  • :) Thank you, but it can be much better!
  • edited July 2019
    Well, I have all of these on vinyl but only the last 3 in iTunes from Emusic, so there'll be no credit 
    for Moving Waves on Lastfm
    Focus 

1972                   Moving Waves                            1973               In And Out Of Focus

1973                  Live At The Rainbow                       1974          Hamburger Concerto

Ps - Even though side 2's Eruption had a few bad skips, it was a most enjoyable listen.
           Yodelling, drum solo, great guitar and a visit with my past!  On to In and Out.
    More ps - I forgot to mention that flute.
    Even More ps - Organ? You bet. More Yodelling? The live album has it all!
  • edited July 2019

- releases July 26, 2019
    ONLY CHILD TYRANT is the punked up kid brother of Two Fingers.
    He’s stroppy
    He’s relentless.
    He likes
    He likes the number 6.

He’s been listening to his uncle’s collection of rock (from Beefheart and Zeppelin to Fugazi via Dick Dale and beyond) and stealing his brother’s 90’s mixtapes and it’s all gone to his head.

ONLY CHILD TYRANT is the Artful Dodger of Post-rock meets beats
    He’s been listening to his uncle’s collection of rock (from Beefheart and Zeppelin to Fugazi via Dick Dale and beyond) and stealing his brother’s 90’s mixtapes and it’s all gone to his head.
    ONLY CHILD TYRANT is the Artful Dodger of Post-rock meets beats

(Posted by Amon Tobin at Soundcloud)

ETA: from Facebook:
    Amon Tobin
    Yesterday  19.38 · 
    In the eight years since ISAM I've developed six different projects, each with its own distinct sonic aesthetic. Two of them, including my own name releases and my Two Fingers alias, are established already. Only Child Tyrant is the first of these to come out entirely fresh as a new moniker on my label Nomark. The album is rooted in catchy upbeat recordings which could arguably be described as the most accessible of the music touched on in early 'Amon Tobin' records. That is to say, prior to the more experimental electronic direction I've chosen to develop under my own name since. The energy and spontaneity of those early releases has been captured and developed fully into an entity of its own, with added surprises along the way, not least of which is a guest vocal appearance by Figueroa, who will see his own debut on Nomark in the forthcoming months

This discussion has been closed.