What are you listening to right now? (part 4)

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Currently streaming
    CdCover.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    Bruce_Springsteen_Born_To_Run.jpg

@Bad Thoughts -No way, we lost to them 2-1 on Tuesday! My team, Manchester United are top despite playing badly all season. It says how poor the other leading teams are too. My wife's families' team Tottenham Hotspur are on next playing against one of the bottom teams, so they will loose too!
  • 2280129059-1.jpg

Quirky English band that mixes folk and Zappaesque quirkiness. Free/NYOP
  • edited March 2011
    Bryan Beller Band Live(bassist for Steve Vai, Mike Keneally, Z, Dethklok)...thanks Bryan. Full review to follow.

http://bryanbeller.com/cms/

WNL%20Cover%20BBDC%20Presale%20347x300.jpg
  • 1604122659-1.jpg
    Thanks, BN.
  • 300x300.jpg

Thanks, BrighterNow. Very Nice.
  • ndrak5.jpg

I have not heard this for many years, but decided I should again, waiting for Jason Parker Quartet's version. I used to have the LP, not sure where that went, so downloaded from Amazon (not on emu in UK)
  • edited March 2011
    So now it has to be

3638075858-1.jpg

I am waiting patiently for the full release. Glad you liked it germanprof
  • edited March 2011
    1395125601-1.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    New from Test Tube:

tube228_460.jpg
    «When it was born in the mind of italian musician Guglielmo Cherchi, 'Peaceful Atom' was intended to be a concept work about the Chernobyl disaster, and as a result of this some tracks are ideally connected to that topic: the title track (referring to the name of the first RBMK - Reactor Bolshoy Moshchnosty Kanalny - reactor), SCRAM (the emergency shutdown of a nuclear reactor), Lava Flow (the melted material erupted from the reactor after the explosion), Leaving Pripyat (the evacuation of the nearest city to the powerplant), Worm Wood Forest (the dead trees killed by the radiations) and Ignalina's Sunset (Ignalina was the last nuclear powerplant to use a RBMK reactor, the same model involved in the Chernobyl disaster, which was only shut down in 2009)".
    - Lovely !

- Still spring in the air, sunshine and birds singing !
    :-)
  • 51htPARc8JL._SS500_.jpg

Only got halfway through the first ten Masada albums on Saturday, so back at it this morning.
  • edited March 2011
    Genuine madness from Ralph Records:

417cK-G7NQL._SS500_.jpg

- This is the one with a coverversion of PT
  • edited March 2011
    main.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    Thematic connection from Brighternow's post - reminded me that I had another Chernobyl-themed album (actually this one's a little broader - nuclear reactor accidents in general) that is very good.

300x300.jpg

Not sure how well the concept works in this case, because the theme is horrific (I visited the Chernobyl museum in Kiev a few years back - too memorable) but the music is beautiful, if a little elegiac. But in compensation, the music is beautiful. A little more recent Stars of the Lid-ish. Check out track 3 if you want a taste.
  • Dontsweatthetechnics.jpg

Kid -606 - Don't Sweat the Technics
  • R-150-1582326-1230062745.jpeg

Agitation Free Live '74
  • Obscura - Omnivium

Technical Death Metal...very impressive fretless bass among other things.

Obscura-Omnivium.jpg
  • 51s2iNHc1jL._SS500_.jpg
    (url=>amz)
    Pro-Tip: Salsa and treadmills don't mix their rhythms are too tricky to match.
  • edited March 2011
    51fuSnNg%2BlL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Fiery Furnaces - EP
  • 51IiS%2BMC%2BmL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I love this album so much.

Craig
  • joe-bonamassa_black-rock.jpg

Borrowed from my local library - not sure about it, IMO not his best, but some good tracks, like Bird on a Wire. Maybe it is just that my interests are changing
  • hsh06large.jpg

Most bizarre and spooky !
  • 41-cnotjv6L._SS500_.jpg
    (url=>amz)
    Late to this party but it's a damn fine one.
This discussion has been closed.