What are you listening to right now? (part 4)

Comments

• 300x300.jpg

Dustland by The Gentleman Losers
    Went ahead and bought the album last night from emu. Love it. Melodic little guitar pieces made woozy with electronics. Will play this a lot, I think.
    At least I bought almost all of it - track eleven ended up in the emusic Catch 22 - the emu download manager says there was a download error, the file is not in the album folder, but the little download button on the emu page did not turn red, and the cut-and-paste official at customer service tells me "our records indicate" that it downloaded successfully. Busy escalating that conversation now. So so far I love 11 of 12 tracks of this album. I hope to love the twelfth when I get to the human interaction phase of the CS conversation.
  • edited March 2011
    Streaming from Soundcloud:
    artworks-000001835437-3mrc8v-crop.jpg?ce70e7

- Very catchy stuff !

>>> followed by more Empusae from his album on Emusic:
    artworks-000001834686-eodso7-crop.jpg?ce70e7

>>> Followed by:
    artworks-000001834637-b0mbrl-crop.jpg?ce70e7
  • edited March 2011
    1966844906-1.jpg

Only one track currently available on Bandcamp - Day is Done - with the remainder at the end of the month. If the rest are as good as this, it will be in my top ten at the end of the year. I just want to play this again and again...love the trumpet section Jason
  • edited March 2011
    41S4T3Zxf0L._SS400_.jpg
    Western Culture - (RER Megacorp 1979)
    The group's fourth and final studio LP, Western Culture remained for a long time Henry Cow's hidden treasure. Two factors were instrumental to its occultation (and one more than the other): first, it was not released by Virgin like the other ones; second, it did not have the "sock" artwork common to its brothers. East Side Digital reissued it in the 1990s, giving the fans wider access to it, but they had to wait until January 2002 for a definitive CD reissue on ReR Megacorp, complete with extensive liner notes and three bonus tracks. Obscurity aside, Western Culture remains one of the group's strongest efforts in the lines of composition, especially since the unit was literally torn apart at the time.
    - Allmusic.
  • 51%2BArBfYlDL._SS500_.jpg

My listening goal this gloomy Saturday is to listen to the first ten Masada albums in a row. So far, so good.
  • OK-Front2-300.jpg
    (url=>tea sea records)
  • @Plong42

Sounds like a great day.
  • 41t5-kFVzkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Listening for the first time in a while.
  • edited March 2011
    3857515891-1.jpg

Spells by Michael Musika. Sort of psychedelic pop, with semblances of Gabriel-era Genesis and Old Ceremony in conceptual reach. Pretty good, rather ambitious. NYOP
  • 51Jp7wpeL0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

More country I haven't listened to in a while, if country is what this is.
  • edited March 2011
    1966844906-1.jpg

This track has achieved a couple of unusual things already:
    1. There is very little jazz (though I'm making modest beginnings) and very little female vocal music in my collection. But I like this.
    2. My wife likes this genre but sings herself and is picky. She likes this.
    3. My wife and I, who listen to very different music, both like this. This is not that frequent an occurrence.
    Consider this an album sale made.
  • edited March 2011
    From today's freshly ripped @ Emusic:

300x300.jpg
    - Felmay Records 1995.
  • ca427_01_front72.jpg

- Well executed heavy punkrock from Clinical Archives. - Pleases my inner headbanger !
  • edited March 2011
    300x300.jpg51ZK7yXqXpL._SL500_AA280_.jpg3017736869-1.jpg
    All three by The Gentleman Losers - only just discovered these guys and am *loving* their stuff. Reminds me in places of that album by Disinterested that I noticed a while back some other folk here liked. So nice to discover a new artist that I really, really like. I wish there were more albums by them.
  • edited March 2011
    1604122659-1.jpg
    "Those familiar with mystified know the artist to be both proficient and prolific. However, in his ultra-prolific nature, has he finally gone too far? Has he inundated the world with too many beautiful droney techno pieces? "The Mad Hatter" digs deep for sounds of madness-- bizarre, resonant strings, banging metal, strange voices-- and comes up with material that is both mad and entertaining, like lounge music on barbituates."
    - Free @ Bandcamp.
  • edited March 2011
    1189746574-1.jpg Michael Musika - Spells Thanks, Bad Thoughts.
  • 51r8ub3F6mL._SS500_.jpg
    (url=>amz)
    Makings of a long night ahead of me...
  • MUDD400.JPG

I wish I could claim I was there, but I wasn't!
  • 51XV5xPoNrL._SS500_.jpg
    (url=>amz)

Thanks to Thom for introducing me to the delights of this 80's style confectionery crack.
  • - Goodmorning USA !

A_Thumbnail_thumb.jpg?cnt=0
    Mister Vapor - Vaporous Dawn [treetrunk087] (June 30, 2009)
    "Vaporous Dawn" represents the beginning of a new project for mystified's Thomas Park: "Mister Vapor". Mister Vapor will produce quality ambient music of various kinds, including both solo work and collaborations. This EP showcases some of the kinds of music Mister Vapor will release."

- Spring is in the air, the sun is shining and the birds are singing. . .
  • edited March 2011
    In my part of Europe -60 miles north of London, it has been a really nice Spring morning, just the day for a country walk. But the football (soccer) has just started on TV, so no walk or even music! I'm listening to/watching Liverpool v Manchester United - both American owned - supporting the latter!!
  • Ten minutes to go and my team are 3-0 down. I wish we had gone for that walk or I'd listened to some music instead!

When it is over I'll need Born to Run!! It is what I always listen to when I have had a busy or bad day at work, or my team has lost a big match, or... you get the idea.
  • Is it time to cheer for the Russians?
This discussion has been closed.