Amazon Daily mp3 Download Deals

Comments

• edited May 2012
    I'd be willing to bet that more cats were killed for their guts to be used in playing his music than he ever hit with the bow and arrow. Now if it was Rossini, he probably would've been better with a bow.
  • There's a Big Tchaikovsky Box in the same series, also .99 - has that been mentioned here yet?
    (Not to be confused with another big box)
  • Here's this week's $3.99 sale at Google, otherwise known as the next prices to watch at Amazon - hasn't happened yet. I might be watching that new Bonnie Raitt.
  • I would like to thank Google for continuing to fill large holes in my 80s/90s hip hop collection.

Craig
  • I might be watching that new Bonnie Raitt.

Bingo!
  • Esperanza Spalding for $3.99 today.
  • Today's kindle deal is a bunch of books that later became movies - some stuff people her might like, including Slaughterhouse Five - one of my all time favorites - $.99 each.
  • edited May 2012
    This is an Amazon Local deal, so close enough, but it will get you a free voucher for Norah Jones's New album to purchase it for $3.99.
  • Thanks Choiceweb0open0! Some fine middle ground for the wife and I.
  • I saw that "free" voucher to spend 4 bucks!
  • @Doofy it is rather misleading. I thought it would be free, but only the voucher is.
  • edited May 2012
    Free classical sampler - Linn Records - Label of the Year - Classical Highlights.

So, MP3 tag cognoscenti - I'm now listening to this album (iTunes) and I notice some of the tracks have these huge track Name tags, some of them stretch almost across the whole page if you expand the column with a load of info. So my question is - if this album has these, why do so many albums (Various Artists comps especially) have truncated lines that cut off after a certain point? I assumed it was a function of number of characters or something but obviously this is not the case, so is this on the labels?
  • Somebody/something other than iTunes must be cutting them off! Perhaps this field was limited once but later expanded.

For sure the Comments field is limited, or has been...I use it for personnel on jazz albums, which often doesn't fit.
  • On my computer if I move a file with an overly long track name, it will no longer recognize the file as an mp3. It also will create errors if I try to back it up on a data cd. And once you move it, the file gets locked so you can't just change the track name. So super long file names can be bad for old systems - I think I'm on Windows XP.
  • This is on my laptop at work which only has 17GB of music on it but I've been eyeballing this situation and I believe all the examples I've found were downloaded from eMu. Example - many truncated track Names on the album Beethoven:The Complete 32 Piano Sonatas on Period Instrume - oh, wait is that truncated too, or maybe it's Latin. No, I think it was supposed to be Instruments. If this is another eMu special I am going to have a cow. Maybe not, it's not worth it, got to watch the blood pressure, but y'all know what I mean.
  • I've had problems doing a back-up onto an external drive with a couple of tracks with long names. That was using Windows 7 64 bit. Consequently I don't have a back-up of those two tracks, they were ones that I wasn't that worried about, so I didn't bother doing anything to them.
  • Not a daily deal unless you can use it to make a daily deal for yourself. A tweet pointed here:

Get $2 Amazon MP3 credit

Yes, you do have to post your favorite song on Facebook to get the credit.
  • Cool...D is for Debussy is now free today. The link appeared in my FB 'timeline' for about 45 seconds before I deleted it. Maybe not what they had in mind when they gave me the $2.
  • 25 tracks of Debussy for $1.99 today. Could go nicely with that $2 credit.
  • Sweet. The new Here We Go Magic for just $2.99.

Craig
  • Re: Debussy; 100 Supreme Masters is also 1.99 - same label, many of the same performers, 4 x the music. Cheesier cover.
  • $2.99 albums (Amazon is becoming too confusing--too many pricepoints.)
  • Wow thanks for pointing out the code. Just got the email about the $2.99 sale.
  • Some good stuff on that $2.99 sale:

Hospitality - s/t
    La Sera - Sees the Light
    Memoryhouse - The Slideshow Effect
    Sharon Van Etten - Tramp
    Father John Misty - Fear Fun

I'll definitely be grabbing some of them.

Craig
  • I've long liked Joe Farrell's Outback from 1971 (Farrell, Chick Corea, Elvin Jones, Buster Williams). Recommended for $3.
  • edited May 2012
    I actually went for the "album only" track on this, which is available for 1.99 at AMZ.

Also endorse the Joe Farrell album mentioned by Karg...lots of other good albums among the CTI 40th Anniversary Editions (though no others at that price).
  • After my day of jazz picks and hanging out on twitter and the post above, I just went into a Harrell, Farrell, Ferrell loop that made my brain spin out of control.
  • The amazon sale and the google play summer one-day sale have a great deal in common. I also noticed that too many were not really deals, since they were four-track eps, and would cost $2.99 anyway. Most of the titles I would buy I have bought, I suspect that is true for most of the emuser crowd. Nevertheless, I did get the Blues Traveler 25 compilation.
  • Amazon Memorial Day Sale, several good albums for $2.99.
  • Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zero's new album "Here" is $5 this week at Amazon.