Amazon Daily mp3 Download Deals

Comments

• New Regina Spektor at the same price.
  • edited May 2012
    Also some Modern Classics for $2.99. I'll let you decide what they mean by that.
  • It's baaaaack...........
    61ZwibJ01VL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
  • edited June 2012
    They are having a CD box set sale, which has yet to contain anything that's jumping out at me with Sale with a capital S, but this Jack Bruce release - Spirit - Live at the BBC 1971-1978 - is new to me on Polydor UK - the MP3 version is no bargain at $14.45 but I will weigh that later. One of the reviewers says Chris Spedding is on one of the early shows included which always piques my interest. Did not find on eMu or 7dig so far. Edit- Amazon has another new one to me Jack Bruce and his Big Blues Band 2012, $5.99, doesn't say who's on it - have to evaluate with a sharp eye as well - would hope that Jack's not seen better days if you know what I mean.

EDIT - Well, silly me, both of these are on eMu - you just have to look up Bruce, Jack to find them. Doh! I almost always remember to look up artists names every way I can think of them.
    Spirit...BBC, $10.50.
    Big Blues Band, $5.99 - recorded 3/18/12 at The Stables - line-up :
    Jack Bruce - Vocals / Bass / Piano
    Tony Remy - Guitar
    Frank Tontoh - Drums
    Paddy Milner - Piano / Keys
    Nick Cohen - Bass
    Winston Rollins - Trombone
    Derek Nash - Tenor Sax
    Paul Newton - Trumpet
    Edit 2 - after sample listenings I am afraid of the vocals; instrumental parts not so much.
  • Surely most of you have this Neutral Milk Hotel album, but if not it's only $2.99 and the title cut alone is worth more than that!
  • @Rudie that is a great album. I wonder if they will ever release a digital or at least CD Box set version of the rarities Vinyl set that came out not too long ago.
  • Looks like the new Sigur Ros album is currently $4.99
  • Amazon added a bunch of $3.99 albums, although the first few pages should be a "in case you didn't buy this hit album already" sale. Might be a few of interest.
  • Awesome! I haven't seen that She & Him album on sale anywhere lately!

(That wasn't exactly what I was going to say originally but I just can't bring myself to say gratuitously mean things about Zoey somehow.)
  • Google Music is having exactly the effect I was hoping it would. Competition is great!

Craig
  • @amazonmp3 Get $3 off albums priced $5.99 & up for sharing your Summer 2012 Soundtrack (requires Facebook): http://amzn.to/JM4KOZ

So don't be thinking you're going to score yourself a free Mal Waldron album on this one.
  • Also...could this be THE WORST ALBUM IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD? At least it is only $2.99. http://amzn.to/LsxKes
  • edited June 2012
    Thanks Doofy!

ETA: Oh! The new Cloud Nothings is $5.99. Perfect.

Craig
  • Thanks Doofy!

Actually I think the Hootie and The Blowfish's Great Hits might be worse or at least should just be a blank CD.
  • The reviews on the 'Jock Rock' album are kind of funny. A lot of people find it just the best ever for motivating their workouts. Reminds me of the bad old days before iPods, when my gym had a free jukebox...the bodybuilder guys would play "Eye of the Tiger" more or less incessantly. Other reviewers bemoan the inclusion of crowd/stadium noises between tracks.

As for the Amazon credit, I am trying to see if I am capable of letting one of these deals go by...just this once.
  • Wow, why don't more albums have crowd cheering tracks? Oh, because it's dumb.
  • Yep, The Wall is dumb.
  • @BT: LOL, touche. Could think of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band too, and a plethora of Live albums.
  • edited June 2012
    Btw, you can decline permission for the App to "post on your behalf," etc, and thus still get the Amazon credit w/o spamming your FB friends.

eta: Of course the crowd noises in Sgt Pepper and The Wall were part of the original compositions, rather than added for a dumb-ass compilation package. And while I guess The Wall is not dumb, I personally can't listen to it (or any except the oldest Floyd, really) because of overdose back in the day. My cousin, who apparently does not have this problem, is going to a Roger Waters/The Wall live thing at Wrigley Field this summer - Indeed, I guess tomorrow!
  • @Doofy good point about being able to decline/skip app requests on Facebook. Some of the advertising on there is getting quite subtle.
  • I just got this promotion without even trying today. Buy a free Android app, get a $1 MP3 Credit. Buying free things is so much fun.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?&docId=1000807361
  • edited June 2012
    Just noticed the latest Sonny Landreth release Elemental Journey is $5.99 at Amazon (cheaper than eMu). I had pre-ordered the CD myself - was not disappointed.

Wow, 75 track Fats Waller comp for $6.99 from the Gralin label - found it at 7dig but cheaper here.
  • edited June 2012
    Any who recall those Fantastic Voyage label comps over at eMu - especially the Savvy Sugar and Heavy Sugar R&B/R&R comps - I just found I could get some of the others in the series from those Other Sellers at Amazon, namely MovieMars-CDs who have done all right by me the times I used them, namely Classy Sugar(NY R&R), $11.73, 3 discs, also Sassy Sugar (Nashville R&R), same price, and Heavy Sugar 2 (NO R&B) for $12.01. Huge caveat being only the Nashville comp has track listings but I dug their other releases so much I'm taking the leap of faith, too good a deal to pass up since there has been no further release of this line in MP3 form. I shall of course report in after acquisition. There's a future release later this month of something called Snazzy Sugar, no further info.
    Time to put down the mouse and move away from the keyboard.
  • Also: Here's the cover photo for some guy's version of 'The Girl from Ipanema'

51y1aY6zNiL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

So, so different from the way I pictured her...
  • Thanks, doofy. For the code, that is.
  • The new Lights Out Asia album is $5.94 on Amazon.
  • edited June 2012
    Amazon Local: Voucher--$4 off album of $7.99 or more. Limit supply. Cannot be combined with other offers.
  • Many thanks Doofy, and BT. The $4 voucher is how Moon Ate the Dark is not going to cost me $9 (and thanks BN for the Moon Ate the Dark rec - a true team effort this one).
  • Another Bach Guild blockbuster - Big Gustav Leonhardt Box, $2.79, 144 tracks, 8+ hours. The first classical LP I bought on my own was Gustav Leonhardt harpsichord, so he da man for me. Thanks, doofy, for bringing it in at $0.79 - what a steal.