What are you listening to right now? (Covid-19th Nervous Breakdown)

Comments

• Audion image
    It's great to see that Alan and Steve Freeman are reissuing some issues of Audion magazine as a pdf with linked music samples. I hadn't realised that they'd gone all modern and done so via Bandcamp.
  • ^^ According to the community section on the page, it started july 5 2020.
    Release date: 30 October 2020
  • Listening to the new Gretchen's Wheel pre-release copy of such open sky.

• Just wrapped up:

Pink Moon - Wikipedia
    Nick Drake - "Pink Moon"

Now Playing:

Tom Waits - The Early Years Vol 2 2010 Vinyl  Discogs
    Tom Waits - "The Early Years Vol 2"
    These "Early Years" give the impression of compilations, but really it's just Tom revisiting early tunes from studio albums with an stripped down acoustic set.  Vol 1 is just okay, but Vol 2 is outstanding.  The tune "Mockingbird" is one of the very best sitting at the bar feeling strangely heartbroken, curiously happy, and happily drunk.

• jonahpwll said:

Tom Waits - The Early Years Vol 2 2010 Vinyl  Discogs
    Tom Waits - "The Early Years Vol 2"
    These "Early Years" give the impression of compilations, but really it's just Tom revisiting early tunes from studio albums with an stripped down acoustic set.  Vol 1 is just okay, but Vol 2 is outstanding.  The tune "Mockingbird" is one of the very best sitting at the bar feeling strangely heartbroken, curiously happy, and happily drunk.

Well, you've inspired me to revisit his "Early Years" and his other 70's albums(still my favourites, so far) to finish off this round of Ts. Thanks!
  • edited September 2020

The music on this album originates in the interactive sound installation The Body Imitates the Landscape by artist Adi Hollander: she designed a collection of ergonomic objects that are meant to transform music into vibrations felt through the entire body. Hollander was inspired by the Japanese book Karada by Michitaro Tada about the ‘school of the body’. Hollander and Claudio F. Baroni made a live version of the installation where Baroni’s music, performed by Maze, was experienced live by the public. As it was channeled through the objects, the public could at once hear the music in the space and feel it in their bodies. 

This album features 11 pieces, each, as in the book Karada, dedicated to a part of the body. Baroni has written those 11 pieces for the Ensemble Maze around recorded whispered voices. This is Baroni’s third collaboration with Unsounds. It comes with liner notes by Reinaldo Laddaga (a important guest on Unsounds with Things That A Mutant Needs To Know and The Men From Russia).
  •  
    Autechre - Amber
    released November 7, 1994

- An album that even Sir @Germanprof might enjoy . . . ;)
    Hmm, yes, it's enjoyable.

• A sort of mating between the track Totentanz by Henrik Meierkord with Marco Lucchi and a stainless steel railing played by me as an instrument.
    Henrik Meierkord : cello, hurdy-gurdy, violin, fx and electronics
    Marco Lucchi : analog synth, tape and mix down
    Filippo Panichi: Argeïphontes Lyre
    music by Henrik Meierkord and Marco Lucchi
    here the original track: Marcolucchi – Totentanz
    * based on "Średniowiecze II" by Henrik Meierkord

• Ursula 1000

1998      The Now Sound Of Ursula 1000             2002                    Kinda' Kinky
  • Us3

1993                         Hand On The Torch
  • Un Festín Sagital

2019                     Evidencias                               2020  Música sin Escenario (Feat Coleóptero)
  • Utku Tavil

Track 15  - Sutt                                                     2014                      Beeatsz

2018              Live in Palermo                                2020  Keller x Imm x Okuda x Virtaranta x Tavil
                                                                                                          Live at Loophole
  • edited September 2020
    Original
    Hans J Salter's OST to Jack Arnold's 1954 film production, one of the first Universal shot in 3D. Tense, dramatic, full of strings and woodwind.
    Original
    Hans J Salter's OST to the classic Jack Arnold film production from 1957. Alternately melancholy and menacing, lush symphonic strings and brooding woodwind.
    - Boomkat
  • edited September 2020
    In Time The Best Of REM 1988-2003

Following up Jonahpwll's thread on REM
  • Weyes Blood - Titanic Rising

• Body Language for Lovers by Bobbye Hall. All-Star mellow soul-jazz

• edited September 2020
    Rustblade,  September 22, 2020
    Stefano Rossello : Synths, Mellotron, Cs80, Dx7
    This a Concept Album Recorded during "the Covid Lock Down" by Stefano Rossello. Seven Minimal Ambient Tracks with a visionary and Romantic Aspects.
  • Just wrapping up:

Calexico - The Book And The Canal 2012 Vinyl  Discogs
    Calexico - "The Book and the Canal"

Next up:

Air - Moon Safari CD - Amoeba Music
    Air - "Moon Safari"

• Finally getting around to this - Thanks to @Brighternow
    Upperground Orchestra

2019                             Euganea
    EmusicBandcamp
  • Ultimate Fakebook

1997           Electric Kissing Parties                      2020           The Preserving Machine
  • This reminds me of the first vehicle I bought in 1970 for $250, a 1963 GMC panel van (w/3 on the tree).
    The United Steel Workers Of Montreal

2009                          Three On The Tree
  • Aswad - New Chapter
  • Had knee surgery yesterday and now I'm thankfully back home, not too dosed up. The start of two+ weeks holiday / recovery. Gives me plenty of time to go back to recent purchases. Interesting looking (sub) label Shukai out of the Ukraine. Main label is Muscút (Мускáт) Record label focusing on pseudo and practical audio archaeology. (!) Which could be interesting. Thanks to whoever gave props to these albums in the first place. The fourth album on the label will be out soon supposedly a long lost psych-jazz masterpiece - we'll see.

• Well, I've worn out 3 copies of Astral Weeks, one of my favourite albums, trying to figure out the lyrics. 
    An album that always sends shivers down my back.
    Van Morrison

1969                   Astral Weeks                           1970                    Moondance

1971                    Tupelo Honey                          1972              Saint Dominic's Preview 
  • djh said:
    Had knee surgery yesterday and now I'm thankfully back home, not too dosed up. The start of two+ weeks holiday / recovery. Gives me plenty of time to go back to recent purchases. Interesting looking (sub) label Shukai out of the Ukraine. Main label is Muscút (Мускáт) Record label focusing on pseudo and practical audio archaeology. (!) Which could be interesting. Thanks to whoever gave props to these albums in the first place. The fourth album on the label will be out soon supposedly a long lost psych-jazz masterpiece - we'll see.

link?
This discussion has been closed.