Amazon Daily mp3 Download Deals

Comments

• Was going to get Foxygen, but now am going to wait because the Dallas library is ordering several copies of it.
  • edited April 2013
    There is this through an email today, but it's nothing like the earlier list.
  • Amazon now offers AutoRip for Vinyl, no word on whether this includes occasional static, pops, and skips.
  • Lol, I know there is software for taking those out, is there software yet for putting them back in?
  • Dylan's Highway 61 Revisited is $2.99 today through the link I posted above.
  • edited April 2013
    $9.99 Essentials, the Johnny Cash is 72 songs, the rest are all double discs. Alternatively, you could pay about $2 more and get the physical CD and "autorip" mp3s.
  • Just found this CD on AutoRip - $5.99 for this Howlin' Wolf two-fer that would be on my top ten list of most important (and more importantly, great) blues discs.
    41EMGKKZENL._SX300__PJautoripBadge,BottomRight,4,-40_OU11__.jpg
  • edited April 2013
    So if you've missed out on any of the Bach Guild's $0.99 Big Box specials, someone posted on the eMu board that they are all $0.99 today at Amazon, and that looks to be right.
  • edited April 2013
    Not sure how long it lasts, but just got Midnight Marauders by A Tribe Called Quest for $2.99.
  • I thought somebody had mentioned Jonathan Lethem's Gun, With Occasional Music here, but if they did, I can't find it.
    Anyway, it seems like a thing some people here might like, and the kindle version is $1.99 today.

I'm gettin it.

[/doublepost]
  • edited April 2013
    51Zf9l2Q0hL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    So the last issue of Vintage Guitar magazine, not that I have vintage guitars but it's fun to drool and they are an excellent source of guitar oriented record reviews, had an article on Billy Bauer - sort of unheralded jazz guitar hero, mostly known for his work with Lennie Tristano, unfamiliar to me so I had to investigate, and I am suitably impressed I must say. He did very few recordings of his own, the above album being the first - eMu has it but it's a Verve album (UMG/Fraunkenhoffer blah blah) so I sprang for the extra bucks to get it from Amazon (256 kbps in LAME I'm pleased to say).
    Also got the Proper UK Lennie Tristano CD box set, Intuition, which is really good stuff also, much of it featuring Billy Bauer, some in trio formation. Highly recommended. Got it from one of the Other Sellers for $15 with shipping - not bad.
    51MtdlI90vL._SY300_.jpg
  • BigD
    The Billy Bauer recording is on Guvera. While searching his name, an album called Jazz Guitar Legends also pops up with two tracks by him out of total of 57, you might find some of them interesting.
  • edited April 2013
    an album called Jazz Guitar Legends
    That is an excellent album, MrV - got it at eMu some time ago. It has a bunch of the other under heralded players that deserve more attention as well. Sadly my Guvera credits had shrunken before the Bauer album came to my attention.
  • edited April 2013
    That's curious. Apparently the Kranky label are not selling MP3s of their music on Amazon (at least the artists I searched for are not there). But they are on iTunes. (And emusic) I could understand avoiding either in favor of more label-friendly outlets, but I wonder why iTunes but not Amazon?
  • Amazon's top-rated mp3 albums. A much more varied list than I would have thought - one of Greg's favorites is in the top 20, in fact.

Don't know anything about "The Piano Guys," but it seems folks like 'em.
  • edited April 2013
    A strange way of presenting it with multiple versions taking up different positions - although I like Joe Bonamassa, I wouldn't have him in my top 20, and certainly not this album. Interesting to see Carole King's Tapestry at 21 - now that I do agree with!! I have actually got a few more out of the top 100 - Emili Sande, Michael Jackson's Bad, Dave Brubeck Time Out, Bob Marley Legend, and Ed Sheehan. Amazed, eg, to see no Beatles or Adele for that matter. Actually, thinking about it, there won't be any Beatles because this is Amazon mp3s
  • and certainly not this album
    My wife is a big Bonamassa fan and this is definitely her favorite of his - gets played incessantly around our house. Sounds great to me too.
  • edited April 2013
    60 Kindle books for $2.99 each here, today only. Some interesting titles.
  • Thanks for bringing this to my attention, GP. I ended up getting the book on presidential portraiture.
  • edited April 2013
    I certainly like Joe Bonamassa - I must do as I have a dozen or so albums, just that the Live from Royal Albert Hall album isn't my favourite. He plays Blues in quite a British way, if that is possible - eg like earlier John Mayall, Eric Clapton and so on - he would have fitted into the Clapton/Mayall Bluesbreakers era well. Personally I prefer Live from Nowhere in Particular, or the Shepherds Bush album. I'm also enjoying his recent live accoustic album. Currently I am playing the Sheperds Bush album - it takes me back to the late 1960s, blues bands in small venues, when I first started listening to live music. For me this album represents the sheer power of raw elctric blues much more than the more polished performace at the RAH.

If your wife, GP, likes this style of blues do introduce her to Aynsley Lister and Ian Parker, but she probably knows them already.
  • @greg, we just got Live from Nowhere at the weekend - yes, that's a good one too. I don't think she has anything by those other two folk - I'll pass on the recommendations, thanks!
  • Having spent the morning listening to his live albums I am sure the reason I like the earlier ones better is because the playing is more raw, less produced, if that makes sense. Both Aynsley Lister and Ian Parker are on emusic here, not sure of course about the States
  • My wife is actually not keen on the studio ones she has heard, likely for that reason. I'll see if she's heard any early ones.
  • edited May 2013
    If you are interested in the new/re-issue album Inspiration Information/Wings Of Love by Shuggie Otis, Amazon's got the CD version for $0.64 more than eMu wants for the MP3 - just saying. While I was about it I found this steal for $3.99 with AutoRip for Shuggie's Boogie - very much worth it.
    51ATBLsgeJL._SX300__PJautoripBadge,BottomRight,4,-40_OU11__.jpg

OMG! The above got me curious since it was on the Roots'N'Blues collection, which I think was on Columbia way back - were others similarly priced. So I did a search for Sbme Special Mkts., the current label, narrowed to blues, and there are some amazing albums for $3.99, many with AutoRip, some a little higher, but there's Willie Dixon, Muddy Waters, Johnny Winter, Jorma Kaukonen, Taj Mahal, Keb' Mo', Sonny Landreth, Etta James. There are many worthy moldy classic rock nuggets, and other categories as well, in the larger fold of that Sbme listing - another 4 CDs to find room for - oh, bother.
    This best of Austin City Limits comp is well worth the $3.99, Big Blues Extravaganza. Loading the image for the back cover which has who plays what.
    519Ppb1hXhL.jpg
  • Why wouldn't I wait for it to go on sale for $2.99?
  • Why wouldn't I wait for it to go on sale for $2.99?

I have no idea, Thom. I don't have any She & Him albums, and don't intend to buy this one. I posted this in case anyone else was interested. Obviously you are not. :=)
  • Third volume's the charm?

Nah. I didn't mind the first volume, but the novelty wore off with each subsequent release.
  • edited May 2013
    I've seen several articles about this one. All hype, or real deal?
    0002699304_350.jpg

It's among the $5 albums at 7dig this week, along with...well, you know.