Amazon Daily mp3 Download Deals

Comments

• Sometimes a good remaster still sounds better in mp3 - the '90's Beatle mixes were just bad, so even though I mostly listen to my remasters as mp3's, it still sounds better. But the cd mixes of Floyd sounded pretty good so I wouldn't bother with remixes
  • The New Cass McCombs's Album Humor Risk is $3.99 today.
  • edited November 2011
    Golly Gee, is that the smell of burning plastic? Those Black Friday calenders are starting to show up at Amazon now - here's the video calender. Waiting for the Music calender still.

I see a bunch of the JSP box sets are at $16.99 which is not bad, the price seems to go up and down some on those.
  • I'm not sure if I want "Watch the Throne" for $4.99, but I can't help but think they missed an incredible marketing opportunity by not calling it "Watch Game of Thrones on HBO", and they could have made even more money, because that's what it's all about, right?
  • Watch the Throne is terrible.

Game of Thrones is awesome.

That is all.

Craig
  • Have you heard watch the throne? You're about the only person here I would have expected too...
  • edited November 2011
    Merry Christmas to me - all I need now is a Black Friday Blue-ray player (it's been on the to-do list since we got a flat screen with HDMI ports). I am planning to upgrade very few titles in my collection but this is one I had been thinking on - Blue-ray Lord Of The Rings Extended Version, $49.99, a pretty good price and a bit of self-indulgence.

Am disappointed they haven't published a calender fro Music Black Friday deals yet, although there is a daily box in the Music section. $4.99 Fleet Foxes CD right now.
  • edited November 2011
    Craig, have you been reading The Song of Fire and Ice books? I'm still digesting A Dance With Dragons before doing a re-read, and deciding how much to hate G.R.R. Martin if it's another six years before the next volume.
  • BigD - They do have a calendar: Link.

I haven't read the books. I keep going back and forth on whether or not I want to. On the one hand, I hear they're great and the show is not lessened by knowing what happens. On the other hand, the shock I had at the end of the second to last episode with Lord Stark was pretty freakin' awesome, and it's so rare that a TV show actually shocks me.

amclark2 - I have. I love Kanye and like Jay-Z, but Watch the Throne is self indulgent garbage. I'm glad I listened to it on Spotify.

Craig
  • Ok, I'll save my money - there's a Phil Spector box set scheduled for a lightning deal later today- I may not be able to resist.
  • edited November 2011
    Thank you, Craig, that calender has been eluding me. Friday looks wicked.
    Edit - I wish I could have paid $25 for that Hendrix at Winterland box(Friday) but I'd still pay $40 something over again - if you are a Jimi fan it has some great material on it, and I see it is the Amazon exclusive version with the bonus disc.

On the books, I'd recommend them. Much greater depth, but less sex, less not a lot less, and major characters do continue to die with disconcerting regularity. As aggravating as some of this is, not to mention the question of when and if he will ever finish the damn series, they're still a really good read.
  • What wonderful reads - and watching the show may lessen some of the suspense, but it's still worthwhile. That last book has GRRM crawling at a snail's pace - still fun, but he's not that healthy and it took him five years to write the last one. You wonder if it will ever be finished. The first three are some of fantasy's finest moments though.
  • edited November 2011
    Here is the Smithsonian Folkways page (for track listing) for Jazz:The Smithsonian Anthology which will be a Black Friday deal tomorrow(Wednesday) morning 5-9AM PST at $55.99. That's still a lot (down from $75) even for 6 discs, and for anyone with any kind of jazz collection totally repetitive, but it might make a good holiday gift for someone who needs an introduction to jazz to get them on the right track.
  • Just grabbed Tom Waits' new one—the deluxe edition—for a mere $4.99. I think eMu is charging about $10 for it.
  • Just grabbed a set of bongos, man, a Lightning Deal, to go along with the rest of my raggedy-ass collection of percussion instruments, that I really am someday soon going to use recording at home. Cool.
  • 60 Classical Albums, $3.99 or less. Many of the X5 massive sets, but a few 2 or 3 track albums toward the end.
  • edited November 2011
    Some of those classical sets will be in my sights - the X5 releases I've gotten before were pretty good.

This, however, is a WTF? for me. What kind of jive-ass angle of presentation hook is this for hackneyed renditions of holiday schlock? I was thinking maybe it was holiday type chant or something decent, but it's just an amorphous repackage with a little Gregorian on the side.
  • edited November 2011
    Formula: [number=>98 and <100][select one from: essential/must-have][insert word with positive connotations for a significant market segment][Classics]
  • Found out about the following from Fatwallet (link):
    Code: STUDYBRK
    Will give you a $2.00 MP3 credit.
    Here is a list of $1.99 albums currently on sale at amazon. I picked up Florence + The Machine - Ceremonials [+Digital Booklet].
  • You rule, luddite. Drake's Take Care for free. Sweet.

Craig
  • edited November 2011
    Where does one go to enter the code?
    ETA: Got it.
    Still trying to decide what to buy - but thanks! Maybe Tweek by Senking.
  • Wow, confused as to how I just got the 2 disc M83 album for free, bit not complaining, thanks Luddite!
  • "My wife" bought that for me too amclark2.

Craig
  • Thanks, luddite: Billy Harper's Black Saint (yep, I missed getting it before the post-Sony changeover)
  • @amclark - what a bargain, I'd download if they would let me! (£9.99 on UK site...)
  • Thanks Luddite for the code! I was just going to mention the Florence and the Machines album, but getting it for free is even better.
  • Yeah that M83 album was in the $1.99 list but now it seems to be back to it's regular price. Oh well, got the new Florence album for free.
  • The credit expired last night.
  • One of December's $5 downloads I have to rec as one of my favorite relatively new bands is Black Country Communion - Joe Bonamassa's rock project with Glenn Hughes, Jason Bonham and Derek Sherinian. I have been a fan of Joe's since I saw the little twerp at a Danny Gatton show when he was like 12 or 13, and have I believe every record since his solo career began. Love him playing the blues but he gets to let the rock freak flag fly in this band, and I like their second album 2 as well, and the live show of them in Europe (also on DVD) has been playing on the Palladia channel (HD cable music channel) and is great also.