Amazon Daily mp3 Download Deals

Comments

• The only thing I can think is that Disney has scooped emusic.

eMusic Selects Boy Bands...brilliant! Although I guess that's kind of what the Jonas Brothers are, the Indie version of NKOTB.
  • edited December 2009
    The real Baba Wawa from SNL -- yeah, that's where I got the name. I thought those skits were hilarious.

Many, many years ago, one of my brothers and I went to NYC for the World's Fair. We did the "hello/wave to family" thing at the Today Show window. Walters was young, then, and I remember she wore a pink suit, was much more petite than I had thought, and was a very, very attractive woman. More attractive than she appeared on TV.
  • Oh good grief, Barbara Walters! I am embarrassed. I knew that.
    To be fair, it's more obvious when someone says it than when it's spelled out.

This year's list may be the worst. Lady Ga Ga? Seriously? Is it because people thought she was a man?
  • I thought this year's list really was pretty lame. I can't say that I was "fascinated" by any of those people. Really not even interested to go probing for more than I already know.
  • Since I'm out of control when it comes to Christmas music, I bought today's (Dec. 13) $2.99 deal, Holiday Spirits by Stright No Chaser. I love it! Track 8, The 12 Days of Christmas [Live] is the fun song of the album.
  • Um...Uh, yeah. No. Pretty much wasn't expecting this one.
  • I heard some of that on the radio the other day, and I was surprised that it wasn't so bad. I was even more surprised to learn that he has written lots of songs.
  • Today it's Vampire Weekend's new album “Contra” a day early for $3.99. I've listened to it several times on NPR's Web site and so far am enjoying it.
  • I loved VW's debut, but I dislike "Horchata" so much and am so indifferent to "Cousins" I'm having trouble being interested in Contra even at $3.99.

I'll have to cogitate.

Craig
  • I grabbed it. So far so good (other than "Horchata" of course). The track "California English" seems to have a synth aspect to it, and maybe even autotune, which is weird, but not bad.

Craig
  • I was nervous when Horchata was getting played last year. It is an odd track to start off an album with. Yes there is autotune on California English, but it is fairly mild thankfully.
  • Fever Ray is again $2.99
  • Today it's Spoon's latest Transference for $3.99, which is also on eMu today. Not sure how I feel about this album yet. I streamed it a few times on NPR's preview.
  • Thievery Corp, 2 bucks
  • @Doofy and others. Any thoughts on this newer album? I like Lebanese Blonde alot.
  • @choiceweb0pen0, it is one of my favorite albums of theirs, largely because it wears its politics on it sleeve and does not pull any punches (personal soundtrack for the '08 US elections). Not too mention it has some solid ass grooves. ;-)
  • cool, thanks elwoodicious
  • Oh boy, it's a jazz deal of the day! Sort of.
  • edited February 2010
    I think Buble has a nice voice. I don't own any of his albums, but nothing about the individual songs I've heard irritates me so much that I'd pass on a free album or check one out from the library and give it a few spins to give him a shot at winning me over. What I've heard is only vaguely jazz, more in the Sinatra-male-vocalist category, but I don't mind the ECM fans calling their music jazz and I refer to the entire Frisell category as jazz, so who am I to argue genres with Buble fans, y'know?
    Just out of curiosity, what was yesterday's sale price at?
  • Damn, I meant to grab that one for the wife. I skipped his last album as the samples did nothing for me, but there's a number of excellent tunes on his previous ones.

Personally I would call Buble vocal pop, but sometimes that gets lumped in with jazz, too.
  • edited February 2010
    I think it's called buble gum music.

Today's selection BTW was an Aretha album I think, of love songs or somesuch.
  • Humorously I just realized that Buble was labeled jazz in my collection...
  • In fairness, I must acknowledge that the Michael Buble sampler from this week is indeed filed under Pop, not jazz. Indeed, it is #1 on the Amazon pop chart this morning, so more power to him. I didn't realize Buble was responsible for that "Just Haven't Met You Yet" thing one hears around town these days, oy.
  • edited February 2010
    Today's DotD is "The 99 Most Essential Romantic Masterpieces", just under ten hours of classical music for three bucks.

http://www.amazon.com/99-Most-Essential-Romantic-Masterpieces/dp/B00370FKBE/ref=amb_link_112569822_3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=browse&pf_rd_r=154TGE45951V7J3G5T0X&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=521691142&pf_rd_i=163856011

How is something most essential? Isn't that like saying something is most unique? I mean, yeah, I get that water may be more essential than food, but when you start using the word 'essential', haven't you passed the point of differentiating things by levels of degree?

No comment on whether any of the songs on the Amazon sampler are essential by any definition.
  • Santana - Supernatural (Legacy Edition) for $4. Great music, lots of guests.
  • Just released "American VI" by Johnny Cash, 4 bucks
  • Today it's David Bazan's Curse Your Branches for $2.99. I thinking about buying it.
  • I highly recommend it (especially at that price).

Craig
  • I love that Bazan album. It's a bit dark, but so great.