Amazon Daily mp3 Download Deals

Comments

• Thanks I just might. I remember a piece on him in Paste last year.

I never quite got into Pedro the Lion, but have a few random tracks from their albums.
  • edited March 2010
    That is one hell of a lot of Chopin for 5 bucks.
  • 51vWbskXlbL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Five bucks this month. Other things of interest include Jeff Beck at Ronnie Scott's and the "Ze 30" comp.
  • edited April 2010
    Chanteuse alert!

51c3uumdkxL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    Charlotte Gainsburg - IRM only $3.99. She's so purty...
  • @thom Great rec! Thanks! So easy on the ears and eyes...
  • Reminds me of a dream I had recently where I was trapped on a deserted isle with Charlotte Gainsburg, Cat Power, and the Corr sisters (sans the brother). They voted me king for life!
  • Yes, that was the Corr sisters

The_Corrs-The_Works_A_3_CD_Retrospective-Frontal.jpg
  • Her album 5:55 is on eMu - will most likely be picked up with my next refresh.

I always felt bad for Jim Corr - so many inappropriate and borderline illegal thoughts to work through...
  • edited April 2010
    Mamma Mia! That's a lotta Pavarotti for 2 bucks!

*Personally I would rather go to the dentist for 7 hours, but thought some might like to know about this deal. ;-)
  • edited April 2010
    Is someone editing my posts and deleting things?

Edit: Looks like things are back to normal - must have been a glitch.
  • Besides the mp3 deal - on the Gold Box Deal of the Day page we have coming up at 5PM Eastern (2 PDT) the ZZ Top box Smoke, Chrome and BBQ which is a nice overview, and at 7PM Eastern (4 PDT) some kind of Roy Orbison comp.
  • ZZ Top is $43.99. A tad bit more than I am willing to pay.
  • Not exactly a bargain at that price - it seems the initial price is jacked up by the Limited Edition paper cut-out figures, and I hate to say it but I eventually got rid of the cardboard barn box the discs came in - didn't cut it for the amount of shelf space. Only good thing was the mastering of the Cd's was a blessed step up from the lousy first generation CDs.
  • edited April 2010
    Sympathy For The Record Industry Sampler (free)

Track-list:

1. Poor Lola - April March
    2. Corpus Christi - Miss Derringer
    3. Run Cold - Holly Golightly
    4. Something For Nothing - Oblivians
    5. Personality Crisis - The New York Dolls
    6. As Long - Reigning Sound
    7. Heads Are Gonna Roll - Rocket From The Crypt
  • edited May 2010
    Really excellent find today - FestivaLink presents Merlefest Live, 31 tracks, $3.99. You get Levon, Doc, Hot Tuna, Ralph Stanley and many more. Also noticed that one of May's $5 albums is a deluxe version of Levee Town by Sonny Landreth from 2009 - this one got by me until now but it looks good (original album release was 2000).
  • Duly snagged, thanx BigD!
  • @amclark2, thanks for the heads up! The Motets are sublime. :-)
  • edited May 2010
    Naxos for Nashville
    Want a great way to help out those in need in Nashville while getting a great deal? Download Naxos for Nashville, an exclusive 40-song collection of water-themed classical music for only $.99, and Naxos, a Tennessee-based premier classical label, will donate all proceeds from your purchase to Hands on Nashville, a volunteer organization helping local communities in and around Nashville cope with the tremendous losses from the recent floods.

Grabbed it but haven't heard it yet though its for a decent cause.
  • If you're a Sarah McLaughlin fan, today's freebie is a track off her new album AND a video. Which I haven't watched yet, but still. Thought I'd post.
  • This isn't an MP3, and isn't even music, but must be pointed out:

The Wire - The Complete Series. Only $89.99.

I've only seen the first season, but it is ridiculously good.

Craig
  • edited June 2010
    You didn't jump on the Gold Box deal for the highly acclaimed Beatles Mono Box Set for $149.99 (about 30 minutes left)? Neither did I.
  • Today's Daily Deal - Schumann: 200th Birthday Celebration! (Amazon MP3 Exclusive) over 2-3/4 hours of music for $2.99. Symphonies 1 - 4 and Concerto for Piano in A Minor
  • Here's a frothy praise for Amazon's customer service. I grabbed to $2.99 Schumann the other day, and the first track was bad. Last couple of minutes were silent. I contacted Amazon CS, and got the "reset" on downloading the track. Still bad. They checked the track, and confirm the problem.

Here's the cool part: they refund the total price for the whole album. I realize it is only $3, but extremely generous of them.
  • I haven't had any download problems with Amazon but I am starting to look for opportunities to buy from them more often for general merch.

As a general rule, I get the impression that they don't mind bitch slappin a vendor for pissing in the pool.

Yeah it was only 3 bucks to you but they have a billion dollar reputation on the line with every purchase. Any bad deal for their customers (even a three dollar deal) gets multiplied an infinite number of times in pissing and moaning.

Why the rest of corporate doesn't get it I will never understand
  • I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon - books, music, gifts for others, miscellaneous. My last purchase was a teeny Canon camera because sometimes I don't want to drag around my wonderful DSLR. I have been trying it on Auto the past few days, taking a variety of photos in various light conditions. Haven't uploaded to the computer yet, but they look fab on the camera. Good focus and depth of field on my day lily blossoms! Amazon has never let me down. Even when it came to problems downloading. They reset for me on a couple of occasions.
  • Here's a free Latin American collection. Notice they have added the "buy all" button to the freebie page.
  • Stroke: Songs for Chris Knox. 2 CD set to benefit Chris Knox, a pioneer of alternative/indie music in New Zealand who suffered a stroke last year.
  • Today's MP3 Daily Deal offering is another of the 99 series, in this case Essential Handel Masterpieces, for $1.99.