Amazon Daily mp3 Download Deals

Comments

• Most of my downloads are albums, and most of the classical seem better to me when I listen to the whole thing. I have sometimes used shuffle, but there's something about following through with an album, knowing what song comes next, humming along. I got a lot more listening done when I routinely used the treadmill at lunchtime and stopped at the gym on the way home from work. Now that I'm retired, exercise gets done at random times, not on that routine, clockwork basis. Plus spouse often goes along when exercise is a walk, and listening to music sort of interferes with conversation. He doesn't like being ignored or hearing, "What did you say?" ;)
  • Just wanted to mention something else about the Amazon site. They usually have a banner/link on the download page that says somehting like "Albums $4.99 and less." I clicked through the other days and there are literally thousands of items priced cheap. You have to sift through because some are ep's or have limited tracks that you might be able to get elsewhere, but there is lots of great jazz (I noticed Hank Mobley and Herbie Hancock) and many other genres. Last night I picked up Sun Ra "Strange Celestial Road" for under $3 and the first Flying Lizards album (remember them? - part of my ongoing and never ending vinyl replacement project) for about $3.50. So if you haven't looked through the list, you may want to set aside a weekend and see what you find!
  • edited November 2010
    I see that the Doors' LA Woman [40th Anniversary Remixes] is on sale for 1.49, as is Green Day's American Idiot [Explicit] and 21st Century Breakdown (Amazon Exclusive)[Explicit]. The American Idiot is not the one with exlcusive tracks. Oh, Michael Buble's Crazy Love Hollywood Edition. None for me, thanks (I have L.A. Woman), but thought I'd pass it along as I heard there were some deals that seemed to slip in without fanfare.

Yes, Rudie, there some Blue Notes and Soul Notes that are definitely worth downloading that are popularly priced - many Blue Notes for $3.68, and the Soul Notes for .89 cents a song: so $1.78 and $2.67 for 2 and 3 song CD's (no album pricing for these titles). Occasional EMI (owner of Blue Note) releases have shown up as $3.68 - the Flying Lizards (contemplating replacing my vinyl copy, but not this title yet - I still play a lot of vinyl at home), Bowie's Man Who Sold the World and Iggy Pop's The Idiot also at $3.68.
  • I will get that Michael Buble, but only if it is the [Explicit] version.
  • edited November 2010
    Doofy - It's Hollywood, baby - we don't work blue in Hollywood. Now, Vegas at midnight - it's on, [Explicit].
  • Of course Buble's big pop hit is "Haven't Met You Yet"...so the [Explicit] version would be??
  • Went to a Buble concert maybe three years ago. All ages, pre-adolescents to seniors, in attendance, and Buble was a little too explicit, in my opinion, for the youngsters in the audience. I wouldn't have bought tickets -- I won them as the right # caller to a local radio station. I did enjoy the concert, though, and so did spouse. His only complaint was that it was too loud. Isn't every concert?
  • Depends where you are in relation to the sound system!

Mommio, thanks - I DL'd your rec but haven't had a chance to listen to it, yet. I know what you mean about some albums you just want to listen to, all the way through.
    Oh! Almost forgot to ask, we both have some of Five For Fighting's music - I am just now ripping their latest, Slice. Wondered if you've listened to it?
  • Slice -- I downloaded it from Amazon at the beginning of August. One of the conservative talk show people loves him, so he was the guest for the entire show several months ago. I had heard the advertisement, so tuned in. What a treat! John talked about his family, his writing, his work for the men and women who are serving all around the world. He also sang most of the songs from the album. I waited to see if it would come to eMu, finally asked, and was told they probably weren't getting it -- so I went to Amazon.

I think that having heard the stories behind the songs has made the album even better for me. He seems like a really nice guy. Thanks again for turning me on to Five for Fighting -- he sometimes posts goodies on his Facebook page.
  • I think I recall some talk about Chet Atkins here once so I thought I'd post this find - this 5 CD set cheaper by far than you could download the respective discs at eMu these days - Early Years 1946-1957 going for $17.99. Admittedly only Chet fans and guitar nuts might want this much but it is an awesome price - I downloaded these during the crack card days but I'd been real happy to get the real thing instead for the same money.
  • OMG, it's another fantastic 11/16 announcement! New Tompkins Square sampler on Amazon. Also a recent one from Bloodshot.

Please Lord, do not let my teen daughter see this one:

51VqIWemYwL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
  • The Beatles remastered CDs (yes, the physical CDs) are going for $7.99 a pop at Amazon (double CDs - $11.99-$12.99)
  • Well, I guess I'm going to have to buy the ones I skipped so far, dammit. If I'd known those box sets were going to go down to $130 I could have just waited and got one of them.
  • edited November 2010
    Arcade Fire's Neon Bible

I think Amazon just stuck it's tongue out at eMusic!
  • Not the Daily Download, but Arcade Fire's Funeral is $5.00.
  • I bet next month's 100 for $5 will have a lot of Beggars, Domino, Merge, and Universal - they seem to me to always be wiggling their bums in emu's general direction.

for example
  • Wow. I may need to scrounge up some coin for some of that Badu.

Craig
  • Today's deal is Arcade Fire's Neon Bible for $3.99 to remind emusers that Amazon still has 'em.
  • edited November 2010
    Day two of the nose-thumbing: Lungs by Florence and the Machine is on UMG, but not at eMu.

ETA:
    If there's an encore tomorrow, I'm predicting either Neutral Milk Hotel (the former greatest album at eMu) or Rural Alberta Advantage (best-selling eMusic selects) for 50 cents.
  • And fwiw, I'd say Lungs is worth the $4, cool album.
  • And fwiw, I'd say Lungs is worth the $4, cool album.
    Thanks to Amie, I have the EP for free, which has two of the best songs already. I don't feel entirely motivated to get the album.
  • NTW if you can't make your mind up on Lungs today, 7dig has had it at $4 for weeks - it was one of the titles in their Advent Calender Sale last year, later in the famous $2 sale - those were the days.
  • Yeah, I got Lungs at 7digital way back.
  • ditto on Flo and 7digital. I wished I listened to it more though :sigh:.
  • Amazon's Black Friday Week Calender for CD deals is out - link - most at $5.99. I see a few more of those indie thumb in yer eye type entries. Also today's $1.99 MP3 selection is a Michael Buble holiday album.
  • Scroll down to see the "popular hits"...they are undercutting eMu by a dime on Rihanna singles. Just a coincidence, I'm sure. :)
  • Kanye for $3.99. I realize a lot of you folks aren't fans, but I sure am.

Craig
  • As much of an atrocity as that "stroke my ego" video he made was, I did like what I heard of the songs. May need to check it out.
  • Oh, his ego is larger than the first Death Star (and I think he can shoot lasers out of his eyes, too), but he writes a fantastic song.

Craig