More Great Music on Amie Street for less than $4

Comments

• curbdogs.jpg

Curbdogs

Blaster like sing-for-your-sins roots rock with the hot blue swing of a Texas axe.

currently free
  • lesblanks.jpg

Les Blanks-Shoot The Horse

It's a John Lennon Bo Diddley hayride featuring sing a longs about protest and personal dilemma with the occasional stops along the way so the ivories can tinkle over some deep thinnin'.

currently somewhere between 15 cents and 1.50
  • edited June 2010
    @Plong42:
    Shooter Jennings & Heirophant, "Highly anticipated 2010 album from singer/songwriter Shooter Jennings
    Fantastic album, thank you very much !

From Ant-Zen again:
    looking-glass-world-by-mika-goedrijk_RbCxbns_O9kx_216w_216h.jpg
    Looking-glass World by Mika Goedrijk

- and more Crirb/Craig
  • tsbmp.jpg

Shank Bone Mystic Project-from within the walls

like Scott Miller steering Loud Family quirk through Bowie's spaceage high kicks and the toothy float of Queen's pet sound prog.

currently free
  • citizens.jpg

The Citizens-are we there yet

well bent, left field pop with psych, prog, power and art playing the infield.
    i've been scratching chin over this for years....it's pretty good stuff-kinda like Loud Family with their hair down and their glasses placed neatly on the table beside them.
    (hate to overuse band comparisons, but if these guys didn't eat, drink and sleep everything The Loud Family ever released , I'll turn in my Scott Miller decoder ring)
    currently free
  • Herbie's new album, with a surfeit of guests. Haven't heard it yet, but still under $5.

25% sale on now.
  • I don't think anyone has found this third album from guitarist Lily Maase. Not quite as good as the quintet or Suite Unraveling, but still enjoyable.

I also recommend Nora Jane Struthers, which is classic Americana (comparable to Sara Jarosz).
  • Wynton Marsalis Quintet, From Billie Holiday to Edith Piaf: Live in Marciac. I got it "just now" for 16 cents a track, went immediately to 29 cents. Still a great deal.
  • "Wynton Marsalis Quintet, From Billie Holiday to Edith Piaf: Live in Marciac. I got it "just now" for 16 cents a track, went immediately to 29 cents. Still a great deal."

Also avaliable for $2.99 on Amazon. Just FYI.
  • edited June 2010
    avalonparade5.jpg

Avalon Parade-nun yax ayin

Pleasing drift and diddle with moments of gentle weirdness and quiet dissonance-
    like ghost folkies whispering their history from a dimension where globe wandering spirits offer echoes from their homeland and modern technology gives pedal to the swirl.
  • edited June 2010
    sirjhon.jpg

Sir Jhon

Fiddled and twiddled freakgrass making Zappa muses from a front porch on the great American weird.

Currently 1.62
  • Alan Parsons - All our Yesteryears. Listed as "a new single" on h is website, it is a pair of songs (side a/b), and is just as Alan Parson-y as you might imagine.
  • Hit Company - Tribute to Obama, perhaps not the tunes I would have chosen, but an amusing mix at any rate.
  • Later today, the Hit Co. will prob. drop an album with a slightly different song selection titled "A Tribute to Sarah Palin."
  • Would somebody wake me up when the latest *Hit Metal Karaoke Co. blizzard is over? I'll crawl out of my den and if I see my shadow maybe there'll be some good music instead of six more weeks of crap. Just had to grouse.
  • Sorry to swerve off topic, but anyone else having trouble with Amie St. support? I've got an album I can't download and one with duplicate tracks. They usually are super quick about taking care of this stuff, but it's been a month and no response.
  • @CaptainWrong - I had a problem that received no response, I assumed it was because it was a really dumb request (it was), but still a response would have been nice. Perhaps they have cut back on CS in order to fully devote attention to bring the next Crimson Razorback / Prose in Rosette mash-up to market on time for the holiday.
  • Amongst the "comedy" ringtones we have Samantha Crain - You (Understood), which has been getting some very good revues.

Craig
  • Just coming over to point out the Samantha Crain. I love what I've heard of her so far.

As far as Amie's CS goes, it is very hit or miss. Sometimes I get a response instantly and some credits for my troubles. Other times weeks go by with nothing to show for it.
  • edited June 2010
    mysticfoggarden3.jpg

Mystic Fog Garden-wicked hillbillies

Neil Young west coast country mornings float into electric Johny Cash afternoons
  • Ditto on Amie CS. A couple of things brought no response, even after repeated attempts. I will say, I used to get corrupt ZIPs fairly often, but that has not been a problem since their new downloader.

Cafreema, this reminds me, did they ever fix the Pavement issue? I purchased, but didn't DL after you mentioned you were having a problem.
  • Hasn't been fixed yet. I think they realized it would be quite awhile otherwise I can't imagine they'd credit me the $11 or whatever it was.

Craig
  • What was the Pavement issue? I downloaded the best-of and it's playing perfectly. It's become a favorite.
  • edited June 2010
    The Pavement issue was when a different version than the one available via this link of "Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain: LA’s Desert Origins" dropped for free.

I got in early on that drop by pure luck and ended up rec'ing 90% of the tracks. I got up to about .20/track when the drop was pulled. That's when I noticed the version in the link above. Not sure if the one in the link replaced the one that dropped or if the one that dropped was a duplicate of the one (pre-existing) in the link.

Yeah.. it's 2:30 am here. I'm up. I'm on call. Not much dropping tonight.

Things I did pick up:
    Chief - Night & Day (3 tracks, currently .46)
    Double O Zero - Heroes to Zeros (10 tracks, currently .90)
    Peter Block - Peter Block (10 tracks, currently 2.20)
  • I guess I got the "free version" of Pavement...the album page is "Oops'd," but I am currently re-DLing via my History (as you can generally do for albums that are no longer available for sale on Amie). I'm guessing this is the same one that Craig was having problems with. We'll see how it plays...
  • Huh. They told me they'd let me know when it was back. Let me know if it plays correctly, Doofy. Would love to be able to redownload.

Craig
  • No, definitely at least some wonky tracks. Guess I'll ask them about this, but since it's the defective version and I got it free, I'm not expecting much.
  • Is anyone else having problems with order processing ?
    I can´t grab the Folk Blues Revival at the moment.