More Great Music on Amie Street for less than $4

Comments

• I can't get it either. Have been trying for several minutes.

Craig
  • amie street has been like returning to Saturday afternoons at the cut out bins from long ago.
    try this one:

The dirty Birds-rust and resurrection

*SFPDH!!!!!

Morphine, Sonics,Stooges, ZZ Top and everything about rock n' roll that restores the rubber legs and elastic heart of youth, even if it's only for 60 minutes a shot. (you should consult a physician before in engaging in sessions lasting more than 4 hours)

*shit,fuck,piss,damn,hell

Been meaning to give a shout-out to Selfrisinmojo for this rec. Totally awesome, and still under four bucks.
  • Folk Blues Revival just worked.

Craig
  • Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit - Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit (Deluxe)

Looks like it will be passed $4 soon, but good stuff from the former Drive By Truckers frontman.

Craig
  • med_vest_pocket_ash_tray.jpg

Lead Ashtray - the continuing saga of frog and Craig.
  • edited July 2010
    Some interesting albums from the Language of Stone label dropped.
  • Thanks Frog. I picked up a couple free ones, will report back. I got this one a few weeks ago, and it's a keeper.
  • I love the sound of this one.
  • Song Of America - Various Artists

This was in email from AmieStreet this morning. Apparently it was available for six bones for a limited time. Currently $7.50.
  • edited July 2010
    Tongue of the Young - Roots rough-sounding punk, currently free.
  • edited July 2010
    One of my local bands, The Crypts B-52's/Cramps style Rock and Roll. This album is also on Archive.org. I like the blurb on archive.org: "Garage Rock of the highest caliber, complete with gasoline fumes."

Found another free album by The Crypts on archive.org. If this keeps up I'll have to start posting in amclark's free music thread.
  • edited July 2010
    @muggsy and hoosfoos
    glad to hear you have found some things you like, CD Baby is the reason i joined emusic; now i am finding that amie is a jackpot of bands from the site.
    here is another:
    americanbb.jpg
    American Blues Box

Marriot/Fogerty vocals rough riding slide whipped, harp blown riverbank boogies down electric blue back roads that all seem to lead to Highway 61.
    nothing highly original, but fans of bottle necked blues rock should enjoy.
    currently free
  • Has AmieStreet been down for anyone else today? I haven't been able to get there at all today. Wouldn't be a big deal, but I was hoping for a Crimson Razorback patriotic song for the holiday. Electro-Klezmer Star Spangled Banner or something.
  • edited July 2010
    The site is probably overloaded because of the Touch&Go, Criss Cross, and Merge label drops, not to mention the Sonic Youth back catalog.
  • LOL !
    It's been down for at least the past 12 hours for me.

Rumours says that it has to do with difficulties with reading Mr. frogkopf's C-back reviews.
    (I could only read it at his profile)
  • I'm guessing the fact that today is a holiday at most Universities (since the 4th fell on a Sunday) means whatever dorm room they're running the site from is locked up for the day and they can't fix the downage....
  • The website went out just after the four-disc Prose in Rosette retrospective dropped. I only dl'd the first few songs. I hope I get a bunch of credit added to my account for the trouble.
  • From Twitter:

"Hey Folks - our servers overheated due to the heat wave so we had to shut them down for a bit. Should be back up within a few hours."

Me thinks I should double check my company's server rooms...
  • @thom, the last place I worked we had the central air unit for the server room go out. We ended up buying those industrial floor fans and having rolling server outages (mail up for the afternoon but the ordering system down, etc). The one and only time on that job we got to work shirtless and in flip-flops but it was brutally hot behind the racks. Glad my servers are now in the cloud. :-)
  • Our main server room has it's own A/C unit. Unfortunately it's design didn't account for the fact that it still needs to keep the room cool in the winter. The components on the roof kept shutting down that first winter because of the wind up there, and my servers would send the room into the upper 90s in no time. They had to construct some shielding to correct the problem.

Today the temp did go up a couple degrees (didn't hit any thresholds), but I'm glad I went in because the sensor remote's batteries were dying.
  • The Street is back. . .
    - But I still can't read the latest chapter of Frogkopf''s C-back story.
  • Here you go:
    “Hear that Craig? C-back is withering because of your cruel, cruel scorn....”

Craig
  • edited July 2010
    vanwinkleexper.jpg

Van Winkle Experience-wasted days

heavy rock into loungy psych that sounds fresh out of the stable of obscure, late 60s bands so prominent on the old Uni label. edge of cheese vocals,tiny organ/piano,loud guitar and songs that are not exactly hummable but are certainly enjoyable for fans nostalgic for that 99 cent-well spent, cut out bin vibe.

edit: currently free
  • edited July 2010
    sorrento.jpg

Lamar Sorrento-blasted

the guitar sings like a flock of 8 mile high byrds; however, the songs never really quite rise above Petty without the hooks.
    still, the sweet phased jangle and fuzzy 66 sunshine of that guitar........

currently free
  • All thru the ASJ Awards show, you were saying to yourself, "Man, I dig that funky theme song, wish I could get a recording of it." Well, now you can!
  • @Doofy, and here I thought you were screwing with me...

splash.jpg

Who's going?!
  • edited July 2010
    rtwshow.jpg

Red Top Wolverine Show-sloppy jalopy

sounds like a growlin' stampede of old, razor wielding blues men of note and influence riding bareback on a herd of howling , dirty hooved boogie beasts.

it rocks and it's currently free
  • Autolite Strikes-s/t
    Autolite Strike-mohawk blues

rocks like the well shaken ass of Saturday Night: nothing tight, nothing new, but it still moves, dammit; oh yeah, it definitely still moves.

currently free
  • locomacheen2.jpg

Loco Macheen-finding treasure

pretty satisfying roller coaster genre ride, as long as you don't get too comfortable; too many sharp turns to be country, too organic to be
    psychedelic, too funky to be rootsy and too much fun to be taken too seriously.
    currently free
    more excellent weirdness from Kansas here:
    Loco Macheen-pork disco