More Great Music on Amie Street for less than $4

Comments

• I just came to post that too. Me and Craig got nothing better to do on a Friday evening.
  • I'm heading out for a concert in a half hour! (Spoon, Deerhunter, and Micachu & the Shapes) :)

Craig
  • nor do I apparently... I just finished cleaning up after dinner, went to the PC and fired up my browser and pointed it to AmieSt and got there 2 minutes after it 1st dropped. I should run out and buy a lottery ticket or something. Anyway, I rec'd the hell out of it. I was starting to doubt that approach but figured there's gonna have to be an album price cap on that and people will more than likely pay for and download the whole thing for a single price rather than cherry pick songs and pay full price for them... but I obviously have no idea how normal people operate. Oh well.
  • I got 16 recs on it. Already made more than $3.00.

Craig
  • thanks for the update kenny.....
  • Finger - Still in Boxes, collecting their early / out of print stuff from the early 90's. Amazon lists this as released on 4/6/10, so this is an early release on Amie.
  • Fuckface is still free - need I say more?
  • FYI - There are several defective tracks on the Pavement album. I already sent an email to Amie Street.

Craig
  • edited April 2010
    Bob Mould Band - Live at ATP 2008 - a good chunk of it is Huskers and Sugar songs. 1/3 Huskers, 1/3 Sugar, and 1/3 Solo if I reckon right. Sounds great (voice a little hoarse, but that adds to the intensity)
  • Thanks for pointing that out frogkopf. Bob Mould live is one of the best shows I've ever seen. Dude is still an animal up there.

Craig
  • I agree about Mould. I've seen him a half dozen times in his various guises (starting with the Huskers), and he never fails to put his all into his performances. There's the old cliche about music having the power to save, but the Bobster always plays like he believes it.
  • Damn, I must have caught an off night/tour as Mould was one of the most disappointing shows for me. This was when he was out for his first album on YepRoc (a good record) and it was just him and his guitar, nothing more. The whole thing was just dullsville and me and my friend, both big fans going back to Husker Du, left about halfway.
  • Wow, that really surprises me. When I saw him (with band about the time this album was recorded) he was playing like his life depended on it. It was amazing.

On the Pavement defective tracks, I just heard back from Amie and they are trying to fix them. In the meantime they created me with the album cost plus a little extra. I almost feel bad about that because they gave me the current album cost not what I actually paid (nothing).

Craig
  • @Brighternow I showed up to grab the Jones & Dap-King release and grabbed Red Sparowes as well, a quick listen grabbed and held me fast. Looking forward to queuing it up today.
  • Last night turned out to be yet another debacle on Amie Street. I was able to bag the Morning Bender's album before the site crashed. Did I get if free, for 18 cents a track, for 30, for 47? I'll have to check because the price kept going up and down.

They either need to get a better server set-up or quit promising to post albums at a specific time. If they are having these problem when a few dozen people are trying to simultaneously connect, what will it be like when there are hundreds or thousands?

Despite the problems I did get 5 albums for about $15. Here's to hoping that another credit sale appears in the near future.
  • @frogkopf, for real. They are only generating around 70k uniques and around 300k page views per month. I'd say they need to work on handling traffic bursts better, I'm guessing that some of their pages are really expensive (real-time pricing) and would benefit from some heavy caching, and trickling out high profile albums. :-/
  • Amie Street is slowing creeping towards more trouble than it's worth - at least for new releases. I don't mind that I'm not getting many freebies. Let's face it, $2.68 for Jonsi, $3.05 for The Morning Benders, and $1.89 for Red Sparrowes are al damn good deals. And that doesn't even take into account credit sales and RECs. But the wasted time is starting to add up.

At least now I've learned on Tuesdays to give up quickly and try again in a couple hours.
  • And by the by, that Jonsi album is freakin' awesome...
  • I got the Jonsi and Sharon Jones for less than the credit they gave me on the Pavement album. Fan-freakin'-tastic.

Craig
  • I just picked up the new Common Loon album. I hadn't heard of it before, but it's pretty good indie jangle pop with some 70s-80s DYI thrown in.
  • The other Elliott Smith that is out today Roman Candle, just hit.

Craig
  • I just need to point out the list of people who RECd the new Auto Tune the News: vjvl513, marcB, lpkb, badlydrawnjeff, luddite, skerzo, notyourbroom, cafreema, indieb0i, kennykenny, jcolton, heygarrison, frogkopf.

A lot of very familiar names there.

Craig
  • thom, or anyone who got the Jonsi, is your track 1 defective? At about 1 minute it does exactly the same thing my Pavement downloads were doing and jumps back to the beginning. I again tried redownloading, but it didn't resolve the issue.

Craig
  • Hey, those Auto Tune the News releases are easy REC money...

Thanks for the reminder about that first track. I was in the middle of something when I started to listen to it, and meant to check back to figure out if it was a glitch or just a bizarre transition. Definitely a glitch, I sent them an e-mail.
  • Thanks for confirming. Elliott Smith has it too.

Craig