More Great Music on Amie Street for less than $4

Comments

• Those Mainstream albums are bit on the cheesy side, but I enjoy them. Makes me feel like I'm back in 7th grade watching Starsky and Hutch and the The Streets of San Fransisco.
  • edited April 2010
    Yes, for sure you get what you pay for with Mainstream. There are some worth having, however, including Curtis Fuller, Dizzy, Harold Land, and Frank Foster. I can't get past the clown makeup on that Sarah Vaughn cover!
  • Must be Karma - Bobby Shad and the Bad Man playing a jazzed up instrumental version of Zep's Whole Lotta Love.
  • Except they called it "Whole Lot of Love."

That's just wrong.

Craig
  • Except they called it "Whole Lot of Love."

That's just wrong.

There's a reason they're called the Bad Men...
  • I just fired up the samples and had to check what other people were saying. The other Mainstream drops today were pretty cool. Bad Men might force me to send money to Amie Street so that they'll take it down...
  • Don't even think about listening to Instant Karma...
  • Too late. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • One of the few days I'm glad my work computer doesn't have speakers, because I'm seriously intrigued now but it sounds like I shouldn't be.

Craig
  • I dunno, I think you just have to take it in the same spirit as something like this.
  • Some well-crafted folk from Ellis Paul showed up--still free after 10 minutes.
  • The Vita Ruins - A Day Without A Name.

This is still free and made for some good background music for me: Phonograph Records - Grandmother's Phonograph Records.
  • RE: Vita Ruins - who do these guys think they are, Pink Floyd?

Did anybody else buy any of the Metropolis albums that dropped last week? I cashed in a buttload of RECs and bought about 50-60. Given the current prices for most of them, it doesn't look like they've sold more than 2-3 copies of most of them.

Anyone have any recommendations?
  • Frog, I bought a bunch but hadn't really listened to any of it yet. I'll be re-allocating money from my beer budget in the future to offset the $ I spent on the Metropolis stuff.

I'm waiting for the correction & return of previous 0-track albums that were dropped for Gary Numan and Faith And The Muse (and possibly Front Line Assembly, but given how much I already spent I might decide to bypass on theirs if they make a re-appearance).
  • edited April 2010
    Anyone have any recommendations?
    Faith and the Muse: the best record Curve never made. Alas, still not available.
  • Anyone have any recommendations?
    A few that stand out:
    snog - Third Mall from the Sun A girlfriend of mine back in the day was a huge snog fan. Always wanted to get this album but could never find it. I plan to explore their back catalog a bit more.
    Apoptygma Berzerk - 7 Now that's a freakin' bargain. Number of great industrial dance tunes on this one.
    VNV Nation - Empires A classic for the genre. Many of these albums may not stand up over time, I think this one does.
    I also grabbed all 3 IAMX albums because a friend of mine is really into them. So far Kiss and Swallow has been solid synthpop.

Also Mindless Self Indulgence. Fun and cheeky.

When I have time/more funds I'll be checking out some :wumpscut:, Haujobb, Funker Vogt, and cEvin Key. Still waiting for the KMFDM to be fixed...
  • quick - Delorean still free - I have no recs.
  • too late. thom got there though.
  • teehee...

Sometimes twitter is almost like cheating.
  • New To Rococo Rot

I should really get out to lunch, but I'm afraid I'll miss more great freebies!
  • Stupid work! Oh well, still a better cost than my per np at eMu.

Craig
  • New To Rococo Rot
    3376000.jpg - N/A for me...
  • Brighter,
    Since AmieStreet has a setup where one can purchase music to give to others (all you have to provide them with is a valid email address of the recipient, apparently) have you investigated the possibility that someone stateside could purchase things on your behalf? If you haven't I'd be willing to try.
  • Thanks, luddite...
    No, I never thought about that, and it might just work unless process stops when amie sees the dk (Denmark) in the email address, or recognizes me as Danish when trying to download.

If it works there will be an issue about transfering money back to you. 1 bank transfer costs about 5 usd. which is far to expensive.
    As far as I know Paypal is much cheaper and that could work.

It would be very interesting to find out if its possible.
  • I'm not a big fan, but for anyone interested, the recent Cornershop arrived.

Craig
  • >recognizes me as Danish when trying to download.

Do Danish people download differently?

(poor attempt at humor, not ignorance)